Head Coach Rumors

Chitownhustla

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Schrager‏

@PSchrags

News— busy morning for Panthers DC Steve Wilks. The @ChicagoBears @Colts and @Lions have all requested to interview him for their vacant HC jobs. Wilks can’t interview until after Wildcard game is over Sunday evening. @gmfb @NFLonFOX @nflnetwork

Steve Wilks, Panthers DC

First Ive seen

Jason La Canfora cbs sports reporting Bears have interest in these guys

Josh McDaniel NE

Matt Nagy KC

John DeFilippo PHI

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Bol...eport-113003420

i hope this franchise does NOT go with a cheating thief in mcdaniel's. i don't care how good or bad he is it would be hard to get behind someone who has no scruples and is STUPID to lead this franchise.

i hope this franchise does NOT go with a cheating thief in mcdaniel's. i don't care how good or bad he is it would be hard to get behind someone who has no scruples and is STUPID to lead this franchise.

I agree, no way would I want McDaniels as HC.

I think the interview of Fangio for HC is a way for Pace to keep him around, and show him a little respect. Maybe he will impress but that would be an interesting interview to see who he wants here as OC.

I agree, no way would I want McDaniels as HC.

I think the interview of Fangio for HC is a way for Pace to keep him around, and show him a little respect. Maybe he will impress but that would be an interesting interview to see who he wants here as OC.

this could be a real problem if we decide to go with a defensive minded head coach... if we find a real good OC that brings our qb and offense into the spotlight, he won't be around long in the NFL's coaching merry-go-round before he is gone. the only way one stays is if age is a factor or he doesn't want a/another HC job.

Confirmed Bears request interview with DeFilippo

Pace must have thought this out well, because his first interview is with Wilks and satisfy the Rooney Rule.

I think the prime situation for me would be is to hire Toub as the HC, bring Fangio back as the AHC/ DC and hire DeFlippio as the OC.

I realize that is a pipe dream but hey, why not.

Pace must have thought this out well, because his first interview is with Wilks and satisfy the Rooney Rule.

I think the prime situation for me would be is to hire Toub as the HC, bring Fangio back as the AHC/ DC and hire DeFlippio as the OC.

I’d like that scenario quite a bit.

Have to agree with this scenario. Although, given the options, wouldn’t Nagy make more sense as OC due to he and Toubs current familiarity? Has DeFillipa worked with Reid at all?

And please in all the is good; DONT hire McDaniels. Absolute POS.

Have to agree with this scenario. Although, given the options, wouldn’t Nagy make more sense as OC due to he and Toubs current familiarity? Has DeFillipa worked with Reid at all?

The fact McDaniels is rumored to be at the top of our list is likely a typical Pace smokescreen. We all know he does not tip his hand on big decisions. I think that's good maybe it will make someone move quicker to sign McDaniels leaving our real target still available.

The fact McDaniels is rumored to be at the top of our list is likely a typical Pace smokescreen. We all know he does not tip his hand on big decisions. I think that's good maybe it will make someone move quicker to sign McDaniels leaving our real target still available.

McDaniels wants control of the 53-man roster. Pace said today that he will control the roster. McDaniels is not coming here.

Peace :dabears

Same with Harbaugh. Gonna be a young mind, DeFilipo or Nagy. Still wouldn't mind Shumur.

The only problem with that scenario is Nagy is OC already and KC doesn't have to let him interview for the job. DePhillpa is a QB coach

The only problem with that scenario is Nagy is OC already and KC doesn't have to let him interview for the job. DePhillpa is a QB coach

DePhillpa and Shumar are both interesting candidates and would have no problem with either. John is the fresh face and Pat is the stable vet.

I figured you would like McDaniels due to your common hatred for Cutler. lol

By the way, for those of you so anti Mcdaniels, I think this article is a good read and puts perspective on how he might have changed/grown up from his initial struggles. The guy is really bright and I'd be ecstatic if we hired him. That said, it has to be a good fit and him and Pace have to be on the same page. No front office / team can succeed long-term if they aren't aligned (imo).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2666428...-pick-his-spots

I am actually okay with McDaniels as long as he is okay with Pace having final say on the roster.

Im with you, I would be happy with McDaniels. Hoping he got all the stupid shit out of his system in Den and does it right his second time around. His mentor had a HC gig before the Pats..... just saying.