Loggains to Miami as OC

adam

The #Dolphins are naming Dowell Loggains as their new offensive coordinator, source said. Big hire.

Former OC Clyde Christensen likely to remain with the team and transition to another role.

Rapoport loses credibility with me calling it a big hire. Either he is serious, or joking and brilliant.

Either way, we just improved by 2 games.

Rapoport loses credibility with me calling it a big hire. Either he is serious, or joking and brilliant.

Either way, we just improved by 2 games.

I figured he may be QB coach if they were keeping Cutler around another year. I'm sure Gase will be keeping the play calling, but good luck to them with Low Gains

I figured he may be QB coach if they were keeping Cutler around another year. I'm sure Gase will be keeping the play calling, but good luck to them with Low Gains

He was bad in Tennessee, horrible in Chicago, and the Dolphins were pretty bad this year. I can't see how he would "help" them in any way.

And I think I read somewhere that Cutler will not be back next yr. I've got a co-worker that's a dolphins fan and she likes to give me crap. But if the dolphins keep getting Chicago rejects she might want to hide.

And I think I read somewhere that Cutler will not be back next yr. I've got a co-worker that's a dolphins fan and she likes to give me crap. But if the dolphins keep getting Chicago rejects she might want to hide.

Tannehill will be there QB next year and that means Cutler will not be back.

Peace :dabears

I don't think Loggains is as bad as Bears fans think he is. Run-Run-Pass was not him, it was John Fox. They both admitted to that. He helped Cutler to his best season as a Bear and I think under his guidance he helped Trubisky improve quite a bit over the course of the season. If we're able to snag one of these hot coaching candidates it will be because of the potential Trubisky showed as the season moved along. Loggains' development of the offense beyond that, eh not so much.

Loggains will learn from this and I believe he'll be around the league for a long time, whereas Mel Tucker and others have been relegated back to the college ranks, or the CFL. Was any Bears fan really surprised that Mel's Bulldogs weren't prepared for the Oklahoma offense in the 1st half of the playoff game? The HC got it corrected at halftime.

Working with Gase is likely a good thing for Dowell in the near term. Those two worked well together to help Cutler and IMO there is no reason to think they won't help Tannehill next year. Beyond that he'll probably need to get exposure to other schemes or coaching styles before he becomes a quality OC in the league. I think he'll get there.

Six years ago, make it 3yrs ago, nobody was banging on the table for Pat Shurmur to be our HC yet here we are.

I don't think Loggains is as bad as Bears fans think he is. Run-Run-Pass was not him, it was John Fox. They both admitted to that. He helped Cutler to his best season as a Bear and I think under his guidance he helped Trubisky improve quite a bit over the course of the season. If we're able to snag one of these hot coaching candidates it will be because of the potential Trubisky showed as the season moved along. Loggains' development of the offense beyond that, eh not so much.

Loggains will learn from this and I believe he'll be around the league for a long time, whereas Mel Tucker and others have been relegated back to the college ranks, or the CFL. Was any Bears fan really surprised that Mel's Bulldogs weren't prepared for the Oklahoma offense in the 1st half of the playoff game? The HC got it corrected at halftime.

Working with Gase is likely a good thing for Dowell in the near term. Those two worked well together to help Cutler and IMO there is no reason to think they won't help Tannehill next year. Beyond that he'll probably need to get exposure to other schemes or coaching styles before he becomes a quality OC in the league. I think he'll get there.

Six years ago, make it 3yrs ago, nobody was banging on the table for Pat Shurmur to be our HC yet here we are.

Here Loggains is ranked the worst play caller in the league (Nov 2017): http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for...r-offense-ranks

Loggains was bad in Tennessee too, so he is trending downward. He is more suited for the college ranks.

The difference in Miami is that Loggains won't be doing the play calling, which is a big deal. An OC that doesn't call plays is like a painter that doesn't paint.

On Shurmur, he coached Cleveland, so it is hard to use that to evaluate him. The league needed to see more, they got that with him in Minnesota.

To play devils advocate on Loggains. This year he had no wideouts, a rookie QB (who was extremely raw in terms of rookie QB's) and Glennon. The year before, despite having Cutler (injured most of the year), Barkley, and Hoyer, his offensive ranked 6th in the NFL in yards per play. I agree with AZ, Loggains is not near as bad as others thing, but then again, I'm talking to the person who thinks Fox is the worst coach in franchise history when he clearly isn't. Not even close. Fox is not a bad head coach, period. Is he a great head coach, no, but he's solid and is not going to get in the way of a good roster and in general I'd argue the Bears probably played better then their talent. We maybe lost a game or two we shouldn't have, but we beat quite a few playoff teams this year (and we had no business winning those games) and I really don't think there were many games we lost which we shouldn't have (maybe outside of that Packers game with Hundley).

Remember this year we beat Carolina, Baltimore (almost in the playoffs), and Pittsburgh. That is 2 playoff teams and a team who epically choked to not make the playoffs.

I heard earlier but I forget where that our OL coach is heading down to Miami. Is gase trying to become Chicago of the south. It was funny talking to my coworker today and now after this news she might stop being a dolphins fan lol

Our Oline coach came here from Miami and Gase just 1yr ago.

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/coaches/J...f5-e80d5da0d3e8

Here Loggains is ranked the worst play caller in the league (Nov 2017): http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for...r-offense-ranks

Loggains was bad in Tennessee too, so he is trending downward. He is more suited for the college ranks.

The difference in Miami is that Loggains won't be doing the play calling, which is a big deal. An OC that doesn't call plays is like a painter that doesn't paint.

On Shurmur, he coached Cleveland, so it is hard to use that to evaluate him. The league needed to see more, they got that with him in Minnesota.

That's ESPN which has zero credibility IMO. They list Steve Sarkisian #6 ahead of Sean McVay #8 I don't think anyone in the NFL would hire Sarkisian ahead of McVay when this report was written in mid-Nov. Kyle Shanahan, who led the Falcons to the #2 Offense last year and into the Superbowl, is now ranked 31st one spot ahead of Loggains. I'm not putting Loggains in the top half of the league as far as OCs but I think in time he'll get there.

That's ESPN which has zero credibility IMO. They list Steve Sarkisian #6 ahead of Sean McVay #8 I don't think anyone in the NFL would hire Sarkisian ahead of McVay when this report was written in mid-Nov. Kyle Shanahan, who led the Falcons to the #2 Offense last year and into the Superbowl, is now ranked 31st one spot ahead of Loggains. I'm not putting Loggains in the top half of the league as far as OCs but I think in time he'll get there.

I agree , I think Fox held him back.