2018 Everyone Agrees Mock Draft

jason

Nagy is coming from Andy Reid's tree. Reid was one of the best two-tight end play callers in the league, so it wouldn't surprise me to see that on draft day.

Very interesting.

Everything we see is about spread offense and shotgun, keeping Trubisky where he was comfortable in college. RPO and all that.

All smoke for a TE grab? That'd be amazing.

More likely maybe theyre gonna run a mix and have spread formations AND double TE.

Interesting stuff. I hadnt considered that.

Personally, my guess, is it's going to be a WR or a defensive player with a WR in the 2nd round. Id love to see a trade down and grab Ridley or whoever the staff likes at WR.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting. Everything we see is about spread offense and shotgun, keeping Trubisky where he was comfortable in college. RPO and all that. All smoke for a TE grab? That'd be amazing. More likely maybe theyre gonna run a mix and have spread formations AND double TE. Interesting stuff. I hadnt considered that. Personally, my guess, is it's going to be a WR or a defensive player with a WR in the 2nd round. Id love to see a trade down and grab Ridley or whoever the staff likes at WR.

Many college teams run double TE sets in the spread, especially Oregon. If the Bears were to add one, I would want one to be more like the Greg Olson who can motion out wide.

When we take a 20th ranked player, not sure that is a win win. The first 2 picks , Wrs, will never happen but everyone has there dreams. Every team slots values different but no WR willk be taken in the top 1/2 of the draft.

I could see pace trading up for a WR he liked with the second round pick if the opportunity presents itself.

I could see pace trading up for a WR he liked with the second round pick if the opportunity presents itself.

I dont think you would have to. I think in either the first or second he will trade back to pick up the 3rd round pick he has lost. There are probably 10 WRs out there worth drafting, will have plenty of choices in the second or even 3rd if he recovers one. If you look at first rounders in the last 5 drafts, there are just as many later picks that have been successful. We will find two in FA and draft one in later rounds.

I dont think you would have to. I think in either the first or second he will trade back to pick up the 3rd round pick he has lost. There are probably 10 WRs out there worth drafting, will have plenty of choices in the second or even 3rd if he recovers one. If you look at first rounders in the last 5 drafts, there are just as many later picks that have been successful. We will find two in FA and draft one in later rounds.

Our history lately with WRs is bad but looking at we have either taken a wr in 1st or we wait til the 7th. Nothing in between. And that's been the problem is completely ignoring the position in the middle rds all together

One trade, from 8 to 15, netted two extra picks. This draft is near perfect to me. Doubling up on tackle, receiver, and edge rushers would be a dream. Gesicki is a proven producer. Adonis has talent and skill, but off-field issues (which almost never concern me). And the best kicker in the class to round things out.

Your score is: 19400 (GRADE: B)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 15 (ARI): Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma (B+)

Round 2 Pick 7: Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame (A)

Round 2 Pick 15 (ARI): Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia (B-)

Round 3 Pick 15 (ARI): Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio State (B+)

Round 4 Pick 5: Olasunkanmi Adeniyi, DE/OLB, Toledo ©

Round 4 Pick 15: Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State (A+)

Round 5 Pick 8: Trey Quinn, WR, Southern Methodist (A+)

Round 6 Pick 7: Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech (A+)

Round 7 Pick 6: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

One trade, from 8 to 15, netted two extra picks. This draft is near perfect to me. Doubling up on tackle, receiver, and edge rushers would be a dream. Gesicki is a proven producer. Adonis has talent and skill, but off-field issues (which almost never concern me). And the best kicker in the class to round things out.

Your score is: 19400 (GRADE: B)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 15 (ARI): Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma (B+)

Round 2 Pick 7: Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame (A)

Round 2 Pick 15 (ARI): Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia (B-)

Round 3 Pick 15 (ARI): Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio State (B+)

Round 4 Pick 5: Olasunkanmi Adeniyi, DE/OLB, Toledo ©

Round 4 Pick 15: Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State (A+)

Round 5 Pick 8: Trey Quinn, WR, Southern Methodist (A+)

Round 6 Pick 7: Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech (A+)

Round 7 Pick 6: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

That is a very good draft, I think both Jones and Brown are both projected at RT but scouts could be wrong.

I actually think Orlando Brown definitely has the potential for LT success, and Jones has a chance to translate to either OT position.

Brown does on size alone, he has a nearly 7 foot wing span with incredible strength. His foot speed and plays tall won't be anything to brag about but being that large will be tougher for pass rushers to get around, so he could play LT in a pinch if need be. As for Jones, I dont know much about him other than he played LT for OSU last year and reports say he looks more like a RT. I think they should target one prospect suited for LT instead of 2 guys who are slotted for the RT. That is why i threw out Parker. Conner Williams may also drop to rd 2-3.

For fun or torture, I traded pick 7 for Cleveland's 3 2nd rd picks and then traded pick 2-1 from Cle to NE for 2-11 and 2-32. Was hoping one of the top OTs would fall to the top of rd2 or a top OLB, so it failed but improvised.

Your Picks:

Round 2 Pick 3 (CLE): Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State (B)

Round 2 Pick 5 (NYJ): Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State (B+)

Round 2 Pick 7: D.J. Chark, WR, LSU (B)

Round 2 Pick 11 (N.E.): Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia (B-)

Round 2 Pick 31 (N.E.): Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State (A-)

Round 4 Pick 5: Holton Hill, CB, Texas (A+)

Round 4 Pick 15: Josh Sweat, DE/OLB, Florida State (A-)

Round 5 Pick 8: Deontay Burnett, WR, Southern California (A+)

Round 6 Pick 7: Javon Wims, WR, Georgia (A+)

Round 7 Pick 6: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

3 WRs, 6' 170 ,6-3 185, and 6'4 215 gives new targets at x,y,z. Also a flashier TE for two TE sets. I'd sign Allen Robinson to a 1 year deal and re-sign Meredith. Kevin White also sticks.

For fun or torture, I traded pick 7 for Cleveland's 3 2nd rd picks and then traded pick 2-1 from Cle to NE for 2-11 and 2-32. Was hoping one of the top OTs would fall to the top of rd2 or a top OLB, so it failed but improvised.

Your Picks:

Round 2 Pick 3 (CLE): Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State (B)

Round 2 Pick 5 (NYJ): Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State (B+)

Round 2 Pick 7: D.J. Chark, WR, LSU (B)

Round 2 Pick 11 (N.E.): Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia (B-)

Round 2 Pick 31 (N.E.): Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State (A-)

Round 4 Pick 5: Holton Hill, CB, Texas (A+)

Round 4 Pick 15: Josh Sweat, DE/OLB, Florida State (A-)

Round 5 Pick 8: Deontay Burnett, WR, Southern California (A+)

Round 6 Pick 7: Javon Wims, WR, Georgia (A+)

Round 7 Pick 6: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

3 WRs, 6' 170 ,6-3 185, and 6'4 215 gives new targets at x,y,z. Also a flashier TE for two TE sets. I'd sign Allen Robinson to a 1 year deal and re-sign Meredith. Kevin White also sticks.

I would hate any draft that involves us trading out of the top 15 much less out of the 1st Rd all together

I would hate any draft that involves us trading out of the top 15 much less out of the 1st Rd all together

This would be a very good draft with 6 potential starters on it and Price, and Rankin would start the first year. Carter and Sweat both have 10 sack year potential. Hill will eventually be a starter and Burnett and Clack would be in our top5 WRs.

Hard to say, there is always a price tag. I wasn't excited about all those picks but I do like the thought of having 3 top 50 players over getting 1 top 10. That top 10 could be a Kevin White, it's always a gamble.

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2018 at 4:53 PM, jason said:

We will do a second version of this bad boy after free agency. Right now, however, none of the above is really applicable. This is about where the team stands right now.

As for DE, they better believe it. If not, they're not as smart as they think they are. Neither Bullard nor RHH could beat out Mitch freaking Unrein, who pretty much sucks. He's probably the weakest link on the entire defense, or close to it.

How about getting the after FA draft everyone agrees with again. We now have a good idea the direction we could go. 

Round 1 Pick 15 (ARI):  Edmunds, Tremaine, OLB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 2 Pick 7:  Washington, James, WR, Oklahoma State (B-)
Round 2 Pick 15 (ARI):  Miller, Kolton, OT, UCLA (B)
Round 3 Pick 15 (ARI):  Smith, Braden, OG, Auburn (A)
Round 4 Pick 5:  Thomas, Chad, DE, Miami (FL) (A+)
Round 4 Pick 15:  Toliver II, Kevin, CB, LSU (A+)
Round 5 Pick 8:  DeLuca, Nick, ILB, North Dakota State (C)
Round 6 Pick 7:  J Hall, P, DT, Sam Houston State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 6:  Edmonds, Chase, RB, Fordham (A)
Here is a draft where I made one trade with ARZ for the 15th, 2nd and 3rd round pick.

I addressed the OLB, ILB and 5t with Thomas. Also a backup NT in J P Hall

Also got a OG and OT to help with our line depth.

Grabbed Washington is the second as BPA.

On 3/30/2018 at 8:37 PM, Stinger226 said:

Round 1 Pick 15 (ARI):  Edmunds, Tremaine, OLB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 2 Pick 7:  Washington, James, WR, Oklahoma State (B-)
Round 2 Pick 15 (ARI):  Miller, Kolton, OT, UCLA (B)
Round 3 Pick 15 (ARI):  Smith, Braden, OG, Auburn (A)
Round 4 Pick 5:  Thomas, Chad, DE, Miami (FL) (A+)
Round 4 Pick 15:  Toliver II, Kevin, CB, LSU (A+)
Round 5 Pick 8:  DeLuca, Nick, ILB, North Dakota State (C)
Round 6 Pick 7:  J Hall, P, DT, Sam Houston State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 6:  Edmonds, Chase, RB, Fordham (A)
Here is a draft where I made one trade with ARZ for the 15th, 2nd and 3rd round pick.

I addressed the OLB, ILB and 5t with Thomas. Also a backup NT in J P Hall

Also got a OG and OT to help with our line depth.

Grabbed Washington is the second as BPA.

If you can trade back to #15 and still get Edmunds you've already won the draft.   There's a few spots I'd like to see with different players:

1/15:   Edmunds  ILB

2/7:   Lorenzo Carter OLB  We desperately need more talent and now the D front seven is complete even if it takes 2 season to fully realize this potential

2/15:  Kolton Miller  OT    needs a year to get technique down then bye bye Massie, and he could eventually take over at LT

3/15:  Braden Smith  OG

4/5:   Ade Aruna   OLB  Seems like a better OLB prospect because he's much faster.  Chad Thomas just looks like he'll never be more than a depth player so I'll take a chance on the upside.   Yes, I'd double dip at this position.  

4/15:  Kevin Toliver CB

5/8:  Nick DeLuca  ILB   Great find here. I hadn't see any film on him yet but after watching a few minutes he's got some Kwiatkoski style play when he fills gaps but he seems to be more mobile in pass coverage.  I'm not even sure he'll still be there in the 5th Rd.  

6/7:   PJ Hall    I don't see him having any length, strength, quickness that help him compete in the NFL level.   Maybe bring him in as a UDFA?  

7/7:   Jarvion Franklin  RB.    At 6'1"  230lb with the vesatility to contribue in the passing game 

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

If you can trade back to #15 and still get Edmunds you've already won the draft.   There's a few spots I'd like to see with different players:

1/15:   Edmunds  ILB

2/7:   Lorenzo Carter OLB  We desperately need more talent and now the D front seven is complete even if it takes 2 season to fully realize this potential

2/15:  Kolton Miller  OT    needs a year to get technique down then bye bye Massie, and he could eventually take over at LT

3/15:  Braden Smith  OG

4/5:   Ade Aruna   OLB  Seems like a better OLB prospect because he's much faster.  Chad Thomas just looks like he'll never be more than a depth player so I'll take a chance on the upside.   Yes, I'd double dip at this position.  

4/15:  Kevin Toliver CB

5/8:  Nick DeLuca  ILB   Great find here. I hadn't see any film on him yet but after watching a few minutes he's got some Kwiatkoski style play when he fills gaps but he seems to be more mobile in pass coverage.  I'm not even sure he'll still be there in the 5th Rd.  

6/7:   PJ Hall    I don't see him having any length, strength, quickness that help him compete in the NFL level.   Maybe bring him in as a UDFA?  

7/7:   Jarvion Franklin  RB.    At 6'1"  230lb with the vesatility to contribue in the passing game 

I would make a few changes myself.  Since we took Edmunds and Carter, I would back off on double dipping on both LB positions.  If Aruna slips into the 5th or after, then we can take a shot.  I would prefer a WR in the 3rd or 4th and maybe even double dip here since Meredith and White may not be here long term.

1 hour ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I would make a few changes myself.  Since we took Edmunds and Carter, I would back off on double dipping on both LB positions.  If Aruna slips into the 5th or after, then we can take a shot.  I would prefer a WR in the 3rd or 4th and maybe even double dip here since Meredith and White may not be here long term.

I wouldn't mind that at all.  I think there's a lot of good WR talent that will be on the board in the middle of the draft.  

We should start having a couple debates, like setting up rounds 1 and 2.

Round 1 - Quentin Nelson G, Tremaine Edmunds LB, and Roquan Smith ILB, Minikah Fitzpatrick DB, Marcus Davenport OLB

These are a few popular names that seem to slot around pick 8.  There is no guarantee they will be there, but if we were to build a champion, who do we start with? (Feel free to add more)

Round 2 - Lorenzo Carter OLB, Arden Key OLB,  Kohlton Miller OT, Isiah Wynn G.  

So I'd say, whatever you do, Arden Key is not a good pick for the 2nd round because of his attitude issues.

I have pretty much removed him and Orlando Brown from my draft list until at least the 3rd or 4th round. And seeing as how we have no 3rd rounder, until the 4th I guess.

ALso if Billy Price is there in the 2nd, he'd be a great choice if you didn't take Nelson in the 1st.

My preference is Edmunds in round 1, and either an Edge/DE or OL in the 2nd.

Edmunds / Price would be fantastic.

So would Edmunds / Miller, Wynn, McGlinchey, Jones, Williams, Rankin, Ragnow, O'Neill, Crosby etc. There will be a bunch of quality OL in the 2nd, and Hiestand should know who the winners are. He'll also give us the best possible intel on Nelson too.

And if there is another true impact defender in the 2nd round, that's cool too.

But my money is on Edmunds and an OL going 1st and second.