2018 Everyone Agrees Mock Draft

jason

I used the draft simulator at fanspeak.com to generate this draft.

No trades.

I was torn between reaching for a WR or trying for more of a BPA approach, and I decided that Pace is gonna sign a WR in free agency. I know he will want more, but it freed me up to take value early, and the way it fell, I ended up taking an ILB.

This wasn't the draft I thought I would make, but it is excellent. I doubt we could pull this off, the site has some questionable rankings I guess, but if we did, we'd be a hell of a team to reckon with.

Round 1 - Pick 8 - LB Roquon Smith (Georgia)

Round 2 - Pick 7 - Edge Marcus Davenport (UTSA)

Round 4 - Pick 5 - WR Equanimeous St. Brown (Notre Dame)

Round 4 - Pick 15 - CB J.C. Jackson (Maryland)

Round 5 - Pick 8 - WR D.J. Chark (LSU)

Round 6 - Pick 7 - TE Tyler Conklin (Central Michigan)

Round 7 - Pick 6 - K Eddie Piniero (Florida)

It doesnt add to the OL, which is a problem, but it adds a LOT to the defense, and gives Trubisky more targets. If you assume a FA WR too, that's a shotgun approach to upgrading the WRs.

Look for WR and OL in Free Agency and make this happen Pace! LOL

You need to realize there is very little on the Oline in free agency. It will change the draft from a position stand point. Has to be draft for OL.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to realize there is very little on the Oline in free agency. It will change the draft from a position stand point. Has to be draft for OL.

2018 Free Agents

Andrew Norwell, G, Panthers. Age: 26

Justin Pugh, G/OT, Giants. Age: 28

Jack Mewhort, G, Colts. Age: 27

Ja'Wuan James, OT, Dolphins. Age: 26

Cameron Fleming, OT, Patriots. Age: 25

Here's from walkthemock,com (what site do you guys use?)

1:8 Roquan Smith LB Georgia

2:8 Equanimeous St. Brown WR Notre Dame

4:8 Tyrell Crosby OT Oregon

4:15 Scott Quessenberry G UCLA

5:8 Jalen Davis CB Utah St.

6:8 Keke Coutee WR Texas Tech

I took a look at OL, but it sure does look to me like Roquan Smith might be in the Bears' plans if there's no trade down.

I'd take a kicker in the 7th.

2018 Free Agents

Andrew Norwell, G, Panthers. Age: 26

Justin Pugh, G/OT, Giants. Age: 28

Jack Mewhort, G, Colts. Age: 27

Ja'Wuan James, OT, Dolphins. Age: 26

Cameron Fleming, OT, Patriots. Age: 25

The only 2 besides Nate Solder rated high was Norvell and Pugh. I think they will get a lot of money from their existing teams to stay. The rest I have never seen rated very high. (Massey again?)

Here's from walkthemock,com (what site do you guys use?)

1:8 Roquan Smith LB Georgia

2:8 Equanimeous St. Brown WR Notre Dame

4:8 Tyrell Crosby OT Oregon

4:15 Scott Quessenberry G UCLA

5:8 Jalen Davis CB Utah St.

6:8 Keke Coutee WR Texas Tech

I took a look at OL, but it sure does look to me like Roquan Smith might be in the Bears' plans if there's no trade down.

I'd take a kicker in the 7th.

As we project, I keep,seeing Crosby drafted in the 2 nd round. He won't last until 4th.

firstpick.com draft

took the trade down with washington went down to 13 to get Ridley, and picked up an extra 2nd.

heavy on WR and I like that :)

Your score is: 18362 (GRADE: B )

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 13 (WASH): Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama (A)

Round 2 Pick 7: Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame (B+)

Round 2 Pick 12 (WASH): Braden Smith, OT/OG, Auburn (B)

Round 4 Pick 5: Donte Jackson, CB, LSU (A+)

Round 4 Pick 15: Darius Leonard, OLB, South Carolina State (C+)

Round 5 Pick 8: Marquis Haynes, OLB/DE, Ole Miss (A+)

Round 6 Pick 7: Christian Sam, ILB, Arizona State (A+)

Round 7 Pick 6: Eddy Pineiro, K, Florida (A+)

I used the draft simulator at fanspeak.com to generate this draft.

No trades.

I was torn between reaching for a WR or trying for more of a BPA approach, and I decided that Pace is gonna sign a WR in free agency. I know he will want more, but it freed me up to take value early, and the way it fell, I ended up taking an ILB.

This wasn't the draft I thought I would make, but it is excellent. I doubt we could pull this off, the site has some questionable rankings I guess, but if we did, we'd be a hell of a team to reckon with.

Round 1 - Pick 8 - LB Roquon Smith (Georgia)

Round 2 - Pick 7 - Edge Marcus Davenport (UTSA)

Round 4 - Pick 5 - WR Equanimeous St. Brown (Notre Dame)

Round 4 - Pick 15 - CB J.C. Jackson (Maryland)

Round 5 - Pick 8 - WR D.J. Chark (LSU)

Round 6 - Pick 7 - TE Tyler Conklin (Central Michigan)

Round 7 - Pick 6 - K Eddie Piniero (Florida)

It doesnt add to the OL, which is a problem, but it adds a LOT to the defense, and gives Trubisky more targets. If you assume a FA WR too, that's a shotgun approach to upgrading the WRs.

Look for WR and OL in Free Agency and make this happen Pace! LOL

That draft would make me throw up at first. I'd absolutely despise an ILB at #8. That would be horrible.

But then nabbing Davenport later, and Eq in the fourth, would be ridiculous. Neither pick, by the way, is realistic from what I've seen. DJ Chark would be a crazy pickup in the 5th, but I don't think he'll last that long either.

The lack of OT would make me throw up again when the draft ends.

firstpick.com draft

took the trade down with washington went down to 13 to get Ridley, and picked up an extra 2nd.

heavy on WR and I like that :)

Your score is: 18362 (GRADE: B )

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 13 (WASH): Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama (A)

Round 2 Pick 7: Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame (B+)

Round 2 Pick 12 (WASH): Braden Smith, OT/OG, Auburn (B)

Round 4 Pick 15: Darius Leonard, OLB, South Carolina State (C+)

Round 5 Pick 8: Marquis Haynes, OLB/DE, Ole Miss (A+)

Round 6 Pick 7: Christian Sam, ILB, Arizona State (A+)

When we take a 20th ranked player, not sure that is a win win. The first 2 picks , Wrs, will never happen but everyone has there dreams. Every team slots values different but no WR willk be taken in the top 1/2 of the draft.

That draft would make me throw up at first. I'd absolutely despise an ILB at #8. That would be horrible.

But then nabbing Davenport later, and Eq in the fourth, would be ridiculous. Neither pick, by the way, is realistic from what I've seen. DJ Chark would be a crazy pickup in the 5th, but I don't think he'll last that long either.

The lack of OT would make me throw up again when the draft ends.

I agree that the sites are ridiculous. the middle picks are impossible, and it'd be a major home run if the draft played out like this.

But we DO have a need at ILB, and when you get a player of that caliber, it would allow Fangio to use him a lot of different ways.

He's great in coverage, and he has pass rush abilities. His presence would make Floyd better too.

I agree that's an impossible draft, but it'd be a damned good one.

I think GMs like to take BPA, and you are a bit too position-centric.

I agree that the sites are ridiculous. the middle picks are impossible, and it'd be a major home run if the draft played out like this.

But we DO have a need at ILB, and when you get a player of that caliber, it would allow Fangio to use him a lot of different ways.

He's great in coverage, and he has pass rush abilities. His presence would make Floyd better too.

I agree that's an impossible draft, but it'd be a damned good one.

I think GMs like to take BPA, and you are a bit too position-centric.

I understand this line of thought. There is a definite spectrum from true BPA to position-based drafting. For instance, Saquon Barkley might be the best player in the draft, but if he fell to the Bears it would be stupid to draft him. Very stupid, and it's not up for debate. That's the type of BPA that might get a transcendent player and a perpetually bad-to-mediocre franchise. There needs to be a mix.

The other part to my comment is the fact that I don't value ILBs in a 3-4 base that much. In large part, if the OLBs are good, and the NT is sturdy, the ILBs are hole-pluggers. Get two solid guys who are tackling machines, and they work out well in a 3-4. Sure, it's nice to have a superstar there, but it's not essential in my opinion. The big bucks need to be spent on OLB and NT up front if the 3-4 is to succeed.

I understand this line of thought. There is a definite spectrum from true BPA to position-based drafting. For instance, Saquon Barkley might be the best player in the draft, but if he fell to the Bears it would be stupid to draft him. Very stupid, and it's not up for debate. That's the type of BPA that might get a transcendent player and a perpetually bad-to-mediocre franchise. There needs to be a mix.

The other part to my comment is the fact that I don't value ILBs in a 3-4 base that much. In large part, if the OLBs are good, and the NT is sturdy, the ILBs are hole-pluggers. Get two solid guys who are tackling machines, and they work out well in a 3-4. Sure, it's nice to have a superstar there, but it's not essential in my opinion. The big bucks need to be spent on OLB and NT up front if the 3-4 is to succeed.

Well they cover TEs too, and pass rush and blitz.

Fangio has shown that he likes chess pieces. Look at his defense in SF. He had Patrick Willis and it made a huge difference. With Freeman likely gone, and Travathan injured we were terrible. Roquan Smith is a great player...

Anyway, overall I think that draft is both impossible and awesome. :)

OK guys, another first-pick.com draft.

No trades.

Your score is: 20687 (GRADE: B+ )

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 8: Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State (A+)

Round 2 Pick 7: Auden Tate, WR, Florida State (B )

Round 4 Pick 5: Brian O'Neill, OT, Pittsburgh (B+)

Round 4 Pick 15: Donte Jackson, CB, LSU (A+)

Round 5 Pick 8: Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia (A+)

Round 6 Pick 7: Javon Wims, WR, Georgia (A+)

Better?

Well they cover TEs too, and pass rush and blitz.

Fangio has shown that he likes chess pieces. Look at his defense in SF. He had Patrick Willis and it made a huge difference. With Freeman likely gone, and Travathan injured we were terrible. Roquan Smith is a great player...

Anyway, overall I think that draft is both impossible and awesome. :)

After watching him play in two playoff games I don't see anything about Roquan Smith that makes him a great player. He's a good football player, maybe very good, but at 225lbs his best attribute is his range. After all the hype I was expecting to see Ryan Shazier type speed but it wasn't there. He's still got excellent range for an ILB but will that still hold up, rather will he hold up in the NFL at 225lbs? If he can't outrun a Oline player to a spot he's definitely completely washed out of the play. I expect he'll be adding weight before the combine. He should still run well enough but his game, IMO, compares to what Trevathan does on the field for us. Again, good player and a guy you'd like to have on your team but I didn't see anything from him that's worth the 8th pick overall. He seems to fit better around 15-25 in the draft, maybe 20-30 as we get more info on other prospects like Marcus Davenport.

I'm with Jason that our scheme benefits far more from having excellent OLB play.

OK, I'm listening.

How's this one? Jason, do you like it?

no trades.

Your score is: 21054 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 8: Arden Key, DE/OLB, LSU (A+)

Round 2 Pick 7: Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame (A)

Round 4 Pick 15: Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina AT (A-)

Round 5 Pick 8: Deontay Burnett, WR, Southern California (A+)

Round 6 Pick 7: Wyatt Teller, OG, Virginia Tech (A+)

OK, I'm listening.

How's this one? Jason, do you like it?

no trades.

Your score is: 21054 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 8: Arden Key, DE/OLB, LSU (A+)

Round 2 Pick 7: Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame (A)

Round 4 Pick 15: Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina AT (A-)

Round 5 Pick 8: Deontay Burnett, WR, Southern California (A+)

Round 6 Pick 7: Wyatt Teller, OG, Virginia Tech (A+)

Assuming Key is really an OLB in this draft, I think I like it a lot. However, if I had my way, either the 5th or 6th round pick would be a true 3-4 DE, because no matter how much promise has been shown by other players, Mitch Unrein still started last year. And he sucks. Having said that, Deontay Burnett in the 5th would be difficult to ignore. His

show a great amount of body control, ability to get open, and superb hands. I think he'll end up being a pretty damn good slot.

Assuming Key is really an OLB in this draft, I think I like it a lot. However, if I had my way, either the 5th or 6th round pick would be a true 3-4 DE, because no matter how much promise has been shown by other players, Mitch Unrein still started last year. And he sucks. Having said that, Deontay Burnett in the 5th would be difficult to ignore. His
show a great amount of body control, ability to get open, and superb hands. I think he'll end up being a pretty damn good slot.

In doing all these mocks, one thing is standing out to me: You either LOVE one of the WRs, you trade down, or you're taking a different player at 8.

It'd be ideal if there was a WR who merited a top ten pick there for the taking, but I can see that just isn't the case this year.

So I think if we go a different way on the first round pick, the odds are that we will go WR in the 2nd. So who would that be? Over and over I ended up on Equanimeous St. Brown. He's tall, well regarded. I wonder who do people like at WR in the 2nd round?

That might help you dial in on the everyone agrees mock. If we get a good 2nd round WR, then that makes the 1st pick easier to discuss.

In doing all these mocks, one thing is standing out to me: You either LOVE one of the WRs, you trade down, or you're taking a different player at 8.

It'd be ideal if there was a WR who merited a top ten pick there for the taking, but I can see that just isn't the case this year.

So I think if we go a different way on the first round pick, the odds are that we will go WR in the 2nd. So who would that be? Over and over I ended up on Equanimeous St. Brown. He's tall, well regarded. I wonder who do people like at WR in the 2nd round?

That might help you dial in on the everyone agrees mock. If we get a good 2nd round WR, then that makes the 1st pick easier to discuss.

We do need a WR, but round 1 just doesn't seem like the place to take one. This is a deep draft for WR so I think we can get just as good a prospect in rd 2-3 as we would in rd 1. 3 guys I like in that range are Christian Kirk, James Washington, and Anthony Miller. They are smaller guys that can get separation, run routes, and have great hands. Trubisky needs that go to guy first before we find the big red zone or throw up and get it guy. We need one of those also and wouldn't mind doubling up in rd4 with Auden Tate or Michael Ateman. Don't think since we have Shaheen that the Bears won't take another TE high either. I can see them taking a Dallas Goedert TE as a more polished receiving threat if we can gain a 2nd or 3rd by trading down. Sign:Fuller,Amukamara, Daquan Jones DE, and Trent Murphy OLB.

1-Mike McGlinchey OT

2-James Washington WR

3-Dallas Goedert TE

4-Auden Tate WR

4-Ade Aruna OLB

5-Azeem Victor ILB

6-Austin Corbett OT/G

7-Kicker

What do you think of Tremaine Edwards as OLB? He is climbing the boards fast, a raw 19 year old with size and tremendous athletic ability. Fangio would be able to move him inside or as OLB. Hear some rumbles that he is Urlacherish being 6'5" 250 and similar speed. The drawback is he is raw and may lack instinct. Come April, he will most likely be a name associated with Chicago.

We do need a WR, but round 1 just doesn't seem like the place to take one. This is a deep draft for WR so I think we can get just as good a prospect in rd 2-3 as we would in rd 1. 3 guys I like in that range are Christian Kirk, James Washington, and Anthony Miller. They are smaller guys that can get separation, run routes, and have great hands. Trubisky needs that go to guy first before we find the big red zone or throw up and get it guy. We need one of those also and wouldn't mind doubling up in rd4 with Auden Tate or Michael Ateman. Don't think since we have Shaheen that the Bears won't take another TE high either. I can see them taking a Dallas Goedert TE as a more polished receiving threat if we can gain a 2nd or 3rd by trading down. Sign:Fuller,Amukamara, Daquan Jones DE, and Trent Murphy OLB.

1-Mike McGlinchey OT

2-James Washington WR

3-Dallas Goedert TE

4-Auden Tate WR

4-Ade Aruna OLB

5-Azeem Victor ILB

6-Austin Corbett OT/G

7-Kicker

Washington & Tate would be a good duo. McGlinchey would be fantastic at 8 if he was still there.

1-Mike McGlinchey OT

2-James Washington WR

3-Dallas Goedert TE

4-Auden Tate WR

4-Ade Aruna OLB

5-Azeem Victor ILB

6-Austin Corbett OT/G

7-Kicker

I'm still bitter the Bears didn't figure out a way to get Ryan Switzer. He would have been perfect with his college QB Trubisky.

Also, I HAAAAAAAATE picking a TE that early. HATE. Either Shaheen is the guy or he's not. The second TE spot can be filled by a random FA.

I'm still bitter the Bears didn't figure out a way to get Ryan Switzer. He would have been perfect with his college QB Trubisky. Also, I HAAAAAAAATE picking a TE that early. HATE. Either Shaheen is the guy or he's not. The second TE spot can be filled by a random FA.

Nagy is coming from Andy Reid's tree. Reid was one of the best two-tight end play callers in the league, so it wouldn't surprise me to see that on draft day.