2018 Everyone Agrees Mock Draft

jason

First of all, here's the link to the 2017 version.

2017 EVERYONE AGREES MOCK - VER 2.0

1. Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama - Still a need <_>

2. Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech - Rookie QB acquired in Trubisky. Promising future.

3. Budda Baker, S, Washington - This pick was lost, but Eddie Jackson was selected. Promising future.

4. Chad Wheeler, OT, USC - Still a need <_>

4. Kevin King, CB, Washington - Still a need

5. Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA - Still a need

7. Pharaoh Brown, TE, Oregon - This pick was lot, but Shaheen may be the answer. Unknown future.

OT, CB, and DE were essentially ignored, and it showed in 2017.

OT - Massie sucked, and Leno was barely average. Trubisky and the offense suffered as a result.

CB - Prince was a bust, and only Kyle Fuller had the stats to prove he played an entire season.

DE - Mitch Unrein had a career year with 1.5 sacks, which is not a typo.

First things first, if you'd like to participate, do so by stating which of the following five positions you feel is the biggest need. That will obviously be the driving point to this entire endeavor. We ultimately disagreed on the QB thing last year, maybe this year will be different.

Wide Receiver

Offensive Tackle

Defensive End

Outside Linebacker

Cornerback

Also, if there is a position other than the 5 above you think the Bears need, add that. Keep in mind the Bears have the following picks in 2018: 1,2,4,4,5,6,7.

Just like last year, here are the rules:

-Please don't post your own mock. I'm going to scour this board over the last few weeks/months to write down comments/likes/dislikes/etc. to get a starting off point.

-There are no trades or FA considerations.

-I'll post the mock based on the aforementioned comments.

-Comment on what you like or dislike from the mock, and I'll update your restrictions as well as the draft.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest need WR and OLB in that order

Since

When the draft takes place , we will already have picked up some players in FA. The strength of FA is numerous Wrs and good CBs. So I think we bring back Fuller and another quality CB. By the way Prince was not a bust in any sense of conversation.

I also think we will add 2 WRs

So in draft order of need , I think we grab a OLB in the first round and still get one of the quality Ts in the second.

Williams

McGiintnry

Brown

Miller

Ranklin

Oneil

What ever OT we get will play RT this year.

Then in the 4th we grab WR and CB.

Jason you keep bringing up DE as a need and I believe they do not believe that it is with Bullard and RHH set to take a giant step forward.

Since

When the draft takes place , we will already have picked up some players in FA. The strength of FA is numerous Wrs and good CBs. So I think we bring back Fuller and another quality CB. By the way Prince was not a bust in any sense of conversation.

So in draft order of need , I think we grab a OLB in the first round and still get one of the quality Ts in the second.

Williams

McGiintnry

Brown

Miller

Ranklin

Oneil

Jason you keep bringing up DE as a need and I believe they do not believe that it is with Bullard and RHH set to take a giant step forward.

Thinking the same way Stinger.

Needs: OLB, OT, WR, CB

RD1: could go with any of these positions, depends on their grade. Need a pro bowl talent

OLB

OT

G

CB

RD2: whichever we don't fill rd1 and the highest grade

OLB

OT

WR

Biggest need is WR.

I expect first pick is WR. New Offensive Coach, OC from Oregon spread offense. If there is a WR that merits the pick, I think that's where it goes. If not, this year in particular is a likely year for a trade down, but I respect that you aren't doing that in this exercise. We also will be active in Free Agency for WRs too, but they will want their own guy too.

second picks is BPA: OLB, CB, OL

2 x 4 are BPA at the two positions not taken in the 2nd.

Since

Williams

McGiintnry

Brown

Miller

Ranklin

Oneil

In his post Jason said no trade or FA consideration. That is exactly why I went WR #1. Now if we grab a top WR or 2 in FA then that changes everything. But going off exactly as he said WR has to be 1of the top targets

In his post Jason said no trade or FA consideration. That is exactly why I went WR #1. Now if we grab a top WR or 2 in FA then that changes everything. But going off exactly as he said WR has to be 1of the top targets

This year we had perhaps the worst wide receiver group I have ever seen in the NFL. Maybe the 80s Bucs. We had nothing.

And with a top 10 defense, these offensive coaches are going to want a new toy to play with. Trubisky needs his Rice/Irvin.

I think the grades would have to work out very poorly for this not to happen. If, for example the staff only likes one WR and he is taken before our pick...

I truly think there will be a good chance of a trade down this year, but I understand that's outside the rules of this exercise, so FA or not, WR in round 1.

This year we had perhaps the worst wide receiver group I have ever seen in the NFL. Maybe the 80s Bucs. We had nothing.

And with a top 10 defense, these offensive coaches are going to want a new toy to play with. Trubisky needs his Rice/Irvin.

I think the grades would have to work out very poorly for this not to happen. If, for example the staff only likes one WR and he is taken before our pick...

I truly think there will be a good chance of a trade down this year, but I understand that's outside the rules of this exercise, so FA or not, WR in round 1.

Exactly. I would want to put a big time emphasis on trubisky. All about getting him some playmakers and a new RT

1. OLB

2. OT

3. WR

4. CB

5. DE

6. OL

7. HB

First of all, here's the link to the 2017 version.

2017 EVERYONE AGREES MOCK - VER 2.0

1. Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama - Still a need <_>

2. Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech - Rookie QB acquired in Trubisky. Promising future.

3. Budda Baker, S, Washington - This pick was lost, but Eddie Jackson was selected. Promising future.

4. Chad Wheeler, OT, USC - Still a need <_>

4. Kevin King, CB, Washington - Still a need

5. Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA - Still a need

7. Pharaoh Brown, TE, Oregon - This pick was lot, but Shaheen may be the answer. Unknown future.

OT, CB, and DE were essentially ignored, and it showed in 2017.

OT - Massie sucked, and Leno was barely average. Trubisky and the offense suffered as a result.

CB - Prince was a bust, and only Kyle Fuller had the stats to prove he played an entire season.

DE - Mitch Unrein had a career year with 1.5 sacks, which is not a typo.

First things first, if you'd like to participate, do so by stating which of the following five positions you feel is the biggest need. That will obviously be the driving point to this entire endeavor. We ultimately disagreed on the QB thing last year, maybe this year will be different.

Wide Receiver

Offensive Tackle

Defensive End

Outside Linebacker

Cornerback

Also, if there is a position other than the 5 above you think the Bears need, add that. Keep in mind the Bears have the following picks in 2018: 1,2,4,4,5,6,7.

Just like last year, here are the rules:

-Please don't post your own mock. I'm going to scour this board over the last few weeks/months to write down comments/likes/dislikes/etc. to get a starting off point.

-There are no trades or FA considerations.

-I'll post the mock based on the aforementioned comments.

-Comment on what you like or dislike from the mock, and I'll update your restrictions as well as the draft.

Since

Williams

McGiintnry

Brown

Miller

Ranklin

Oneil

We will do a second version of this bad boy after free agency. Right now, however, none of the above is really applicable. This is about where the team stands right now.

As for DE, they better believe it. If not, they're not as smart as they think they are. Neither Bullard nor RHH could beat out Mitch freaking Unrein, who pretty much sucks. He's probably the weakest link on the entire defense, or close to it.

Your right I just noticed that but trading down is a hard scenario to project, but FA will be over with. If we grab 2 wrs and 2 CBs, does anyone seriously think were drafting a WR or CB in first round . No way which makes this post unrealistic.

No Olbs or OTs in free agency so how can we judge a draft with some our needs filled in FA.

Your right I just noticed that but trading down is a hard scenario to project, but FA will be over with. If we grab 2 wrs and 2 CBs, does anyone seriously think were drafting a WR or CB in first round . No way which makes this post unrealistic.

No Olbs or OTs in free agency so how can we judge a draft with some our needs filled in FA.

The point is, we don’t know what they’ll do in FA. Could be two OTs. Or a CB and OLB. That’s why we are projecting this without and trades, and new mocks, or any trade downs within the draft. Trying to track all the variations is impossible.

I think WR should be ruled out RD1 by history alone. Unless there is a beast out there, find your guy further down. 36 WRs taken in the past 10 years and only a handful seem worthy.

2017: Corey Davis 1-5, Mike Williams 1-7, John Ross 1-9

2016: Corey Coleman 1-15, Will Fuller 1-21, Josh Doctson 1-22, Laquan Treadwill 1-23

2015: Amari Cooper 1-4, Kevin White 1-7, Devante Parker 1-14, Nelson Agholor 1-20, Breshard Perelman 1-26, Phillip Dorsett 1-29

2014: Sammy Watkins 1-4, Mike Evans 1-7, Odell Beckham 1-12, Brandon Cooks 1-20, KELVIN Bengiman 1-28

2013:Tavon Austin 1-8, DeAndre Hopkins 1-27, Cordarelle Patterson 1-29

2012: Justin Blackmon 1-5, Michael Floyd 1-13, Kendall Wright 1-20, AJ Jenkins 1-30

2011: 1-4 AJ Green 1-4, Julio Jones 1-6, Jonathon Baldwin 1-26

2010: Demaryious Thomas 1-22, Des Bryant 1-24

2009: Darrious Heyward- Bey 1-7, Michael Crabtree 1-10, Jeremy Maclin 1-19, Percy Garvin 1-22, Hakeem Nicks 1-29, Kenny Britt 1-30

2008: none drafted.

Whose worthy: Amari Cooper, Mike Evans, Odell Beckham, DeAndre Hopkins, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Demaryious Thomas, Des Bryant. Some are undetermined yet. A couple on my list could be question of too.

Unless we trade down, I wouldn't touch a WR just because it is a big need. Find a pro bowl talent even if it is a G or ILB or CB.(Nelson, R Smith, Fitzpatrick)

I think WR should be ruled out RD1 by history alone. Unless there is a beast out there, find your guy further down. 36 WRs taken in the past 10 years and only a handful seem worthy.

2017: Corey Davis 1-5, Mike Williams 1-7, John Ross 1-9

2016: Corey Coleman 1-15, Will Fuller 1-21, Josh Doctson 1-22, Laquan Treadwill 1-23

2015: Amari Cooper 1-4, Kevin White 1-7, Devante Parker 1-14, Nelson Agholor 1-20, Breshard Perelman 1-26, Phillip Dorsett 1-29

2014: Sammy Watkins 1-4, Mike Evans 1-7, Odell Beckham 1-12, Brandon Cooks 1-20, KELVIN Bengiman 1-28

2013:Tavon Austin 1-8, DeAndre Hopkins 1-27, Cordarelle Patterson 1-29

2012: Justin Blackmon 1-5, Michael Floyd 1-13, Kendall Wright 1-20, AJ Jenkins 1-30

2011: 1-4 AJ Green 1-4, Julio Jones 1-6, Jonathon Baldwin 1-26

2010: Demaryious Thomas 1-22, Des Bryant 1-24

2009: Darrious Heyward- Bey 1-7, Michael Crabtree 1-10, Jeremy Maclin 1-19, Percy Garvin 1-22, Hakeem Nicks 1-29, Kenny Britt 1-30

2008: none drafted.

Whose worthy: Amari Cooper, Mike Evans, Odell Beckham, DeAndre Hopkins, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Demaryious Thomas, Des Bryant. Some are undetermined yet. A couple on my list could be question of too.

Unless we trade down, I wouldn't touch a WR just because it is a big need. Find a pro bowl talent even if it is a G or ILB or CB.(Nelson, R Smith, Fitzpatrick)

As much as I want a WR with our pick if Nelson was there I'd think long and hard about him. I know it's G and not a position to take that high but I think he's special. Especially given the chance to work with heistand again. However my gut is telling me he comes off the board before us. I can't justify it other than saying it's my gut and well usually my guy isn't completely off.

The point is, we don’t know what they’ll do in FA. Could be two OTs. Or a CB and OLB. That’s why we are projecting this without and trades, and new mocks, or any trade downs within the draft. Trying to track all the variations is impossible.

There is only one high end OL in free agency, Andrew Norvell, the rest are below average. So to pretend they might take 2 OT, they need to upgrade not go backwards. Good luck with finding a good OLB, but CBs and Wrs, yes. It's not that complicated.

So I'll jump in when it becomes more realistic.

There is only one high end OL in free agency, Andrew Norvell, the rest are below average. So to pretend they might take 2 OT, they need to upgrade not go backwards. Good luck with finding a good OLB, but CBs and Wrs, yes. It's not that complicated.

I find it funny that your jumping all over this because it's not realistic but you can sit there and do all kinds of mocks where we trade several times and pick up all kinds of FAs? What part of that is realistic? Lighten up. More or less it's a game that we can play to kill some time during this down time until FA actually begins. And what they hell I just caught myself defending jason. The world must be coming to an end lol. I appreciate what he's attempting to do here

As much as I want a WR with our pick if Nelson was there I'd think long and hard about him. I know it's G and not a position to take that high but I think he's special. Especially given the chance to work with heistand again. However my gut is telling me he comes off the board before us. I can't justify it other than saying it's my gut and well usually my guy isn't completely off.

We can go a number of ways, but WR scares the hell out of me. Thank you Kevin White. What also scares me is GB taking Ridley and he becomes a rookie all pro. I like Ridley because of his competition level he faced, knowledge of routes and sound hands. I like Sutton because of his physical traits, which will catch Paces eye. Sorting this draft out will be complicated for Jason because we don't have a sure direction with multiple needs.

I find it funny that your jumping all over this because it's not realistic but you can sit there and do all kinds of mocks where we trade several times and pick up all kinds of FAs? What part of that is realistic? Lighten up. More or less it's a game that we can play to kill some time during this down time until FA actually begins. And what they hell I just caught myself defending jason. The world must be coming to an end lol. I appreciate what he's attempting to do here

This is something we've done multiple years in a row. Essentially the same way. It's about as close as we can get to a compromise on the board.

I'm not upset about anything. I'm just telling everyone it's impossible to try to integrate everyone's wish list, FA thoughts, trade concepts, and personal mocks. Where did I say something was realistic? If anything, I'm saying everything is realistic at this point.

Dude, don't participate if you don't want to.

The Bears could easily do any of the following:

1) Two FA OTs (Solder & Robinson) and focus on OLB & WR in the draft

2) One FA OT (Solder) and one FA WR (Landry) and focus on OLB & CB in the draft

3) One FA WR (Landry) and one FA CB (Trumaine Johnson) and focus on OT in the draft

4) One FA CB (Trumaine) and one FA OLB/DE (Ezekiel Ansah), and focus on WR in the draft

There are countless possibilities. We can't know what they will do, or if they'll snag a #1 guy. Has Pace's M.O. been to get the #1 FA? Nope. So that make the possibilities much more diverse than you're pretending. Sure, in a perfect world you might be right. The Bears go out and grab the top FA at the thinnest position, then draft accordingly. Problem is, if there is a guy they love in the draft at that position then the player gets ignored. Last but not least, there are several OGs available in FA this year.

even if they take a high ranking WR in Free Agency, theyll still look at WR hard in the first round.

These guys are going to want a fresh new toy on offense, and we need like 3 new receivers.

White will be #5, Inman will be #3 or #4, and there will be at least 2 new significant WR additions, maybe three.

even if they take a high ranking WR in Free Agency, theyll still look at WR hard in the first round.

These guys are going to want a fresh new toy on offense, and we need like 3 new receivers.

White will be #5, Inman will be #3 or #4, and there will be at least 2 new significant WR additions, maybe three.

Completely agree there. I think best guess is wright is the only one that returns. Maybe inman. However if I'm not mistaken aren't both FAs. I could be wrong on that. White will obviously be back for the final yr of his deal but I don't see any way the front office and coaching staff will go into 2018 counting on him at all.

After the White fiasco , we will not draft a wr in the first round, take it to the bank. None this year are valved top 10, Ripley is 15 to 25 range. We wi not reach at the first pick even though I agree we need a complete overhaul. We will keep Wright and maybe Merideth.

Dude, don't participate if you don't want to.

The Bears could easily do any of the following:

1) Two FA OTs (Solder & Robinson) and focus on OLB & WR in the draft

2) One FA OT (Solder) and one FA WR (Landry) and focus on OLB & CB in the draft

3) One FA WR (Landry) and one FA CB (Trumaine Johnson) and focus on OT in the draft

4) One FA CB (Trumaine) and one FA OLB/DE (Ezekiel Ansah), and focus on WR in the draft

There are countless possibilities. We can't know what they will do, or if they'll snag a #1 guy. Has Pace's M.O. been to get the #1 FA? Nope. So that make the possibilities much more diverse than you're pretending. Sure, in a perfect world you might be right. The Bears go out and grab the top FA at the thinnest position, then draft accordingly. Problem is, if there is a guy they love in the draft at that position then the player gets ignored. Last but not least, there are several OGs available in FA this year.

When I do silly mock drafts it is all my opinions but I do them with consideration of who I think we pick up in free agency. Trades on draft days would be impossible to project so I understand the reason to leave that out . I think to do a consensus draft it would not be very legitimate without considering free agency.

#1 Solder will not be leaving NE unless you give him a huge contract.

We will not be chasing guys over 30 , Sitton was 29 when he fell in our lap and carried a few pro bowls with him. Show me those in free agency?

#2 Demps was over 30 and how did that turn out for us?

#3 the Ansel thought is intriguing and would change our draft wishes if they think a DE can play our OLB spot.

I think Pace has shown the tendency to go after FAs going on there second contract,25 to 28 year olds.who fits that bill at the OT position? That is any good? The CB and WR positions have the most good players in free agency, so my thought is we fill those needs in FAgency and then draft the other positions. I also think he thinks Leno is good enough at his spot and will only draft a RT. I as you would like both replaced.

Since you are asking for input from everyone, I am giving my opinion before you start.

To make this realistic, let's do a free agency concesous first then add a draft concesous after.

Otherwise we may as j well ust do mock drafts and dream.