2018 Everyone Agrees Mock Draft

jason

After the White fiasco , we will not draft a wr in the first round, take it to the bank. None this year are valved top 10, Ripley is 15 to 25 range. We wi not reach at the first pick even though I agree we need a complete overhaul. We will keep Wright and maybe Merideth.

I dont think White's injuries would stop anyone from drafting the next Randy Moss or Michael Irvin.

Your second argument is much stronger tho. I have no idea what is available as far as talent is concerned, and if we pick at 8, I dont see us reaching for a WR who is ranked 15th. I think Pace will stay near to BPA.

If the point of this game is to pick the position we'd take if talent was equal at all positions, I still think WR wold be the obvious choice. But if there is no talent on the board worthy of the pick, then of course that would change things.

Im still saying WR for this game, but if you're right, the talent available will totally affect the pick.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Miller's latest mock draft assuming no trades has us taking Conner Williams at #8 and then in the 2nd Rd going with the WR from Maryland DJ Moore. He's citing that as much as WR is the best need this off-season none of them are worthy of that #8 pick but says Williams is a natural LT but could transition over to RT or I wonder if you keep Williams at LT but move Leno over the right. Anyone have thoughts on this

Matt Miller's latest mock draft assuming no trades has us taking Conner Williams at #8 and then in the 2nd Rd going with the WR from Maryland DJ Moore. He's citing that as much as WR is the best need this off-season none of them are worthy of that #8 pick but says Williams is a natural LT but could transition over to RT or I wonder if you keep Williams at LT but move Leno over the right. Anyone have thoughts on this

I think the first year they play him at RT , his weakness is he needs to play stronger. I think they give Leno 1 more year under HH and see how he progresses. If not his contract is set up that he could be let go in Year 3. Then Williams could move to LT or Leno gets good and have Jack Conklin type problem, 2 good OTs.

They will rebuild the line this year or get a lot better under HH.

When I do silly mock drafts it is all my opinions but I do them with consideration of who I think we pick up in free agency. Trades on draft days would be impossible to project so I understand the reason to leave that out . I think to do a consensus draft it would not be very legitimate without considering free agency.

#1 Solder will not be leaving NE unless you give him a huge contract.

We will not be chasing guys over 30 , Sitton was 29 when he fell in our lap and carried a few pro bowls with him. Show me those in free agency?

#2 Demps was over 30 and how did that turn out for us?

#3 the Ansel thought is intriguing and would change our draft wishes if they think a DE can play our OLB spot.

I think Pace has shown the tendency to go after FAs going on there second contract,25 to 28 year olds.who fits that bill at the OT position? That is any good? The CB and WR positions have the most good players in free agency, so my thought is we fill those needs in FAgency and then draft the other positions. I also think he thinks Leno is good enough at his spot and will only draft a RT. I as you would like both replaced.

Since you are asking for input from everyone, I am giving my opinion before you start.

To make this realistic, let's do a free agency concesous first then add a draft concesous after.

Otherwise we may as j well ust do mock drafts and dream.

Noted. It's hard enough to get a general consensus for the draft picks. Doing so for free agency, which then gets into money, years, salary cap implications, dead cap considerations, cuts to make room for FAs, etc., and it's an impossible endeavor. Because you can't think about FA unless you consider the money as well.

I'll mark you down as not participating.

I dont think White's injuries would stop anyone from drafting the next Randy Moss or Michael Irvin.

Your second argument is much stronger tho. I have no idea what is available as far as talent is concerned, and if we pick at 8, I dont see us reaching for a WR who is ranked 15th. I think Pace will stay near to BPA.

If the point of this game is to pick the position we'd take if talent was equal at all positions, I still think WR wold be the obvious choice. But if there is no talent on the board worthy of the pick, then of course that would change things.

Im still saying WR for this game, but if you're right, the talent available will totally affect the pick.

The talent available definitely skews what you'd like to do in the first round. So if we can't factor in trades - because possibilities are endless - then factor in who you'd want at #8 based upon talent available. Nothing was ever said about that. If anyone believes the Bears should go NT first because the talent at the other positions of need are horrible for the #8 spot, then so be it.

Noted. It's hard enough to get a general consensus for the draft picks. Doing so for free agency, which then gets into money, years, salary cap implications, dead cap considerations, cuts to make room for FAs, etc., and it's an impossible endeavor. Because you can't think about FA unless you consider the money as well.

I'll mark you down as not participating.

Your right if you want to get complex you would have to consider money, but you will simplify draft by excluding FA. Got it.Everything you said is why a simple draft is unrealistic. I'll jump after FA when we can have legitimate arguments. Have fun.

The talent available definitely skews what you'd like to do in the first round. So if we can't factor in trades - because possibilities are endless - then factor in who you'd want at #8 based upon talent available. Nothing was ever said about that. If anyone believes the Bears should go NT first because the talent at the other positions of need are horrible for the #8 spot, then so be it.

If the chance 4 QBs and 1 RB goes in top 7 so if that is the case, we have much more than a NT to choose from.

Your right I just noticed that but trading down is a hard scenario to project, but FA will be over with. If we grab 2 wrs and 2 CBs, does anyone seriously think were drafting a WR or CB in first round . No way which makes this post unrealistic.

No Olbs or OTs in free agency so how can we judge a draft with some our needs filled in FA.

This is not designed to be realistic. It's designed to get fans' thoughts on what they value and who they value in the draft. In other words we're starting to get some names in frames from all over the country. All of us watch the Bears so we know the needs but we also watch different college teams and conferences. We need that input so we can be smarter than Ryan Pace. Or maybe not depending on your point of view.

Jason,

I know you're researching the board's history to put together the first mock. What are you seeing as far as positions go? I'd like to start there before we put down some names. At the moment it appears we favor a first pick of: WR, OT, or OLB. Probably in that order (# votes) based on what I've read.

This is not designed to be realistic. It's designed to get fans' thoughts on what they value and who they value in the draft. In other words we're starting to get some names in frames from all over the country. All of us watch the Bears so we know the needs but we also watch different college teams and conferences. We need that input so we can be smarter than Ryan Pace. Or maybe not depending on your point of view.

I get what your saying but it makes sense to have realistic projection in my opinion. It's like when people say let's go sign the top 4 free agents, sure that sounds great but would never happen. It's like projecting a draft and listings 1st round picks in the 4th, it would be great but would never happen.

I get what your saying but it makes sense to have realistic projection in my opinion. It's like when people say let's go sign the top 4 free agents, sure that sounds great but would never happen. It's like projecting a draft and listings 1st round picks in the 4th, it would be great but would never happen.

Agreed, but just because it isn't realistic now doesn't mean you won't learn something of value that will help you build that realistic scenario later on.

In the end nobody even knows what is realistic because zero people suggested the Chiefs and Bears trades last year to get those two QBs. If the draft was "realistic" it wouldn't be must see TV for most of us.

Personally I'd like to have your perspective as we begin this process to try to figure out what is a realistic draft scenario. If you want to wait until later in the process that's ok too.

Agreed, but just because it isn't realistic now doesn't mean you won't learn something of value that will help you build that realistic scenario later on.

In the end nobody even knows what is realistic because zero people suggested the Chiefs and Bears trades last year to get those two QBs. If the draft was "realistic" it wouldn't be must see TV for most of us.

Personally I'd like to have your perspective as we begin this process to try to figure out what is a realistic draft scenario. If you want to wait until later in the process that's ok too.

I listen to something interesting, HH was asked about how much rebuild would need to be done during the coaches pree conference. He thinks that both OTs will do great under system. I can see the potential for Leno but he thinks Massie will do well. Does that change the first two rounds for the draft?

I listen to something interesting, HH was asked about how much rebuild would need to be done during the coaches pree conference. He thinks that both OTs will do great under system. I can see the potential for Leno but he thinks Massie will do well. Does that change the first two rounds for the draft?
not sure if I buy that statement. If he can't block a guy on the edge, I don't think a system is going to help him.

I think we have a good idea what positions we want. We can probably put together a list of 10 prospects to narrow it down. Then we can debate this early list to learn more about prospects.

Here is my list of considerations.

OLB/DE - Bradley Chubb, Arden Key, Marcus Davenport, Harold Landry

OT: Mike McGlinchey, Orlando Brown

WR: Calvin Ridley, Courtland Sutton

CB: Minkah Fitzpatrick

G:Quentin Nelson

ILB: Roquan Smith

RB: Saquan Barkley

I think we have a good idea what positions we want. We can probably put together a list of 10 prospects to narrow it down. Then we can debate this early list to learn more about prospects.

Here is my list of considerations.

OLB/DE - Bradley Chubb, Arden Key, Marcus Davenport, Harold Landry

OT: Mike McGlinchey, Orlando Brown

WR: Calvin Ridley, Courtland Sutton

CB: Minkah Fitzpatrick

G:Quentin Nelson

ILB: Roquan Smith

RB: Saquan Barkley

You might want to add DB Derwin James to that list, just to be complete, but yes I think if we stay at 8, we will definitely be picking one of those players.

This may be a better way to go about determining the first round pick and therefore which positions will go in the 2nd and both 4th round picks.

And any of those guys would help our team a lot too.

You might want to add DB Derwin James to that list, just to be complete, but yes I think if we stay at 8, we will definitely be picking one of those players.

This may be a better way to go about determining the first round pick and therefore which positions will go in the 2nd and both 4th round picks.

And any of those guys would help our team a lot too.

Yep, James would help put a defense over the top and should be in the mix. I want to start reading about who and why, kinda have to get the first pick out of the way. I left Conner Williams off bc it sounds like he may be a 3rd round pick.

I left Conner Williams off bc it sounds like he may be a 3rd round pick.

Where did you see that?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000090...edskins-take-qb

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751411...son-predictions

The one name that really stands out on Daniel Jeremiah's first mock is Marcus Davenport at #7 overall.

Where did you see that?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000090...edskins-take-qb

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751411...son-predictions

The one name that really stands out on Daniel Jeremiah's first mock is Marcus Davenport at #7 overall.

They say strength issues grade him down there. Walfersfootball I believe was the site. Not sure i would believe them fully but can see it. I would prefer McGlinchey whose has strength but not footwork for speed. Leno has the foot work but not strength imo. We need to build some OT versataltie, I hate that Leno cannot move right which every meathead Chicago fan suggests. I think the brass may be content with our o-line unfortunately and address it later.

Here's a draft I did. I traded down once for more picks. It's based on signing a good FA WR, Meredith, Inman and Wright. My thought was to spend heavy on offense and draft heavy on D.

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 13 (WASH): Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech (B-)

Round 2 Pick 7: Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State (B+)

Round 2 Pick 12 (WASH): D.J. Chark, WR, LSU (B+)

Round 3 Pick 14 (WASH): R.J. McIntosh, DE/DT, Miami (FL) (A+)

Round 4 Pick 5: Darius Phillips, CB, Western Michigan (A)

Round 4 Pick 15: Jeff Holland, OLB, Auburn (A)

Round 5 Pick 8: Kendrick Norton, DT, Miami (FL) (A)

Round 6 Pick 7: Tyrone Crowder, OG, Clemson (A+)

Round 7 Pick 6: Eddy Pineiro, K, Florida (A+)

Here's a draft I did. I traded down once for more picks. It's based on signing a good FA WR, Meredith, Inman and Wright. My thought was to spend heavy on offense and draft heavy on D.

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 13 (WASH): Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech (B-)

Round 2 Pick 7: Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State (B+)

Round 2 Pick 12 (WASH): D.J. Chark, WR, LSU (B+)

Round 3 Pick 14 (WASH): R.J. McIntosh, DE/DT, Miami (FL) (A+)

Round 4 Pick 5: Darius Phillips, CB, Western Michigan (A)

Round 4 Pick 15: Jeff Holland, OLB, Auburn (A)

Round 5 Pick 8: Kendrick Norton, DT, Miami (FL) (A)

Round 6 Pick 7: Tyrone Crowder, OG, Clemson (A+)

Round 7 Pick 6: Eddy Pineiro, K, Florida (A+)

What site do you use to do that?

I used the draft simulator at fanspeak.com to generate this draft.

No trades.

I was torn between reaching for a WR or trying for more of a BPA approach, and I decided that Pace is gonna sign a WR in free agency. I know he will want more, but it freed me up to take value early, and the way it fell, I ended up taking an ILB.

This wasn't the draft I thought I would make, but it is excellent. I doubt we could pull this off, the site has some questionable rankings I guess, but if we did, we'd be a hell of a team to reckon with.

Round 1 - Pick 8 - LB Roquon Smith (Georgia)

Round 2 - Pick 7 - Edge Marcus Davenport (UTSA)

Round 4 - Pick 5 - WR Equanimeous St. Brown (Notre Dame)

Round 4 - Pick 15 - CB J.C. Jackson (Maryland)

Round 5 - Pick 8 - WR D.J. Chark (LSU)

Round 6 - Pick 7 - TE Tyler Conklin (Central Michigan)

Round 7 - Pick 6 - K Eddie Piniero (Florida)

It doesnt add to the OL, which is a problem, but it adds a LOT to the defense, and gives Trubisky more targets. If you assume a FA WR too, that's a shotgun approach to upgrading the WRs.

Look for WR and OL in Free Agency and make this happen Pace! LOL