Guessing With Pace

lemonej

I don`t know how some of you can say definitively how Ryan Pace will draft especially after 2017.

Lets Review!

7  Kevin White

31 Eddie Goldman

71 Hroniss Grasu

106     Jeremy Langford

142 Adrian Amos

183 Tayo Fabaluge

9  Leonard Floyd

56  Cody Whitehair

72 Jonathan Bullard

113 Nick Kwiakoski

124 Deon Bush

127 Deondre Hall

150 Jordon Howard

185 DeAndre Houston-Carsen

230 Daniel Braverman

2 Mitchell Trubisky

45 Adam Shaheen

112 Eddie Jackson

119 Tarek Cohen

147 Jordon Morgan

This is his list and I honestly have no idea how he will draft ,making this very intriguing for me.

2 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

This year is gonna be the trickiest yet trying to guess what they do.  I would almost bet no one guesses the first 2 picks correct. Next Thursday will be interesting.

totally. this is FUN!

15 minutes ago, lemonej said:

Yes and there is a poster on this board who thinks that he has all the answers and knows what Pace will do come draft day

is it the same one who knows everything, but somehow doesnt value ILB at all?

I think that 3 QBs, Barkely and Chubb will be gone. The rest is a big crap shoot. We should have a choice of Fritzpatrick or Nelson if another QB is taken. I would have no problem with Fritz, Nelson, R Smith, Edmunds. Also I would not want Ward but that could end up being a good pick with all the passing done in the NFL these days.

I could understand us taking Davenport or Landry, if they believe to be blue chip edge rushers.

If reports are correct about trying to trade up in each of his first 2 drafts Pace has one shown IF he falls in love with a guy he will try to make a move to get him. 

1st draft - tried to trade up to get Marcus 

2nd Draft - tried to trade up for Carson 

3rd - Traded up for Floyd 

4th- traded up for Mitchel 

So who does he love?????? Pace likes to hide his cards. Kept the Mitchel meeting out of the media. Does Pace show his cards by drafting a pre draft visit this year? 

11 hours ago, Chitownhustla said:

If reports are correct about trying to trade up in each of his first 2 drafts Pace has one shown IF he falls in love with a guy he will try to make a move to get him. 

So who does he love?????? Pace likes to hide his cards. Kept the Mitchel meeting out of the media. Does Pace show his cards by drafting a pre draft visit this year? 

Damn good insight.  My guess is Chubb is the only player we’d move up for.  If he’s there at 6 we are definitely calling. 

That being said, Pace gave up a lot last year.  I feel like we REALLY want our #3 back.  I predict we find a way to get it back.  

15 minutes ago, bradjock said:

Damn good insight.  My guess is Chubb is the only player we’d move up for.  If he’s there at 6 we are definitely calling. 

That being said, Pace gave up a lot last year.  I feel like we REALLY want our #3 back.  I predict we find a way to get it back.  

I agree, I see trading down all over. If it plays out, we trade with Buf at 12 and gain a 3rd. Worst case Arz at 15 which gives them a 2nd RD.  I have a weird feeling on Harold Landry being a Bear. I'd prefer McGlinchey and he'd be my second target guess.

My dream scenario... We are at #8 with both Edmunds and Nelson still there and Chucky calls asking to trade up from #10 so he can take Roquan Smith.   We should net a 4th and 5th Rd pick in exchange.  We drop back to 10 and still get one of Edmunds or Nelson.   We can package a couple 4ths to move up into the 3rd Rd if we choose but I'm not opposed to taking 3 players in the 4th Rd this year.  We should see some good WR, CB, Oline, or RB options there.   

I see no way we move up. Chubb is the only one worth the move, but we dont have enough draft capital to do a move up to 4 to get Chubb. that would take our 2nd, both 4s and a high pick next year. He may go at 2 but I do not see him sliding past 5 at worst case. He traded up for the the 2 most valuable spots. We have a QB now and a pass rusher. He will stay at 8 to pick, Nelson, Fritz, R. Smith, or Edmunds. He could move back and still get Davenport or Landry. I see in a move back that would could draft Connor Williams and play him at OG, or M. McGil to replace Massie.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:52 AM, Chitownhustla said:

Pace has only 3 drafts. White, Floyd and Trubisky. Mariotta was in the same draft as White and Wentz was in the Floyd draft.

22 minutes ago, lemonej said:

Pace has only 3 drafts. White, Floyd and Trubisky. Mariotta was in the same draft as White and Wentz was in the Floyd draft.

You are correct he only has 3 drafts

Should read :

15 - tried to trade up for Mariotta

16- Tried to trade up to draft Carson, couldnt so then traded up to get Floyd

17 - Traded up to get Mitch.

You get the point he likes to trade up to get his guy.

If Nelson is not there, do not sleep on us potential drafting either Landry or Davenport at that spot. If Pace  is sold on a pass rusher,  you could listen to the argument they both would be better than Edmunds in that skill.

I think Nelson is a no brainier also I think R Smith and Fritzpatrick, possibly Ward are all in play as first choices.

Those 3 have an instant impact in the first year. Edmunds has upside but is more like Floyd that it will take a few years to develop.

Instant impact players I think has to be consider is Vea, teamed with Hicks and Goldman. 

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

If Nelson is not there, do not sleep on us potential drafting either Landry or Davenport at that spot. If Pace  is sold on a pass rusher,  you could listen to the argument they both would be better than Edmunds in that skill.

I think Nelson is a no brainier also I think R Smith and Fritzpatrick, possibly Ward are all in play as first choices.

Those 3 have an instant impact in the first year. Edmunds has upside but is more like Floyd that it will take a few years to develop.

Instant impact players I think has to be consider is Vea, teamed with Hicks and Goldman. 

I would prefer Harrion Phillips from Stanford round 2 over Vea if they want D Line that bad. 

On 4/19/2018 at 7:19 PM, ASHKUM BEAR said:

This year is gonna be the trickiest yet trying to guess what they do.  I would almost bet no one guesses the first 2 picks correct. Next Thursday will be interesting.

I gotta disagree.  I was stunned as hell that we traded up for Floyd.  Mocks had him going at 12 at the earliest.  Most in the late teens.  

Last year there was so much speculation about who was the top QB in the draft and then we signed Mike Glennon.  Who thought we’d trade up to get Trubisky?  

I’m currently happy with both those deals.  But we spend all this time speculating on what might happen and nobody saw either of those deals coming.  Two years ago with Kevin White went like we hoped and I feel like everybody was happy with that pick.  

Considering the value Pace places on impact players, that makes it less likely we move down.  

2 hours ago, bradjock said:

I gotta disagree.  I was stunned as hell that we traded up for Floyd.  Mocks had him going at 12 at the earliest.  Most in the late teens.  

Last year there was so much speculation about who was the top QB in the draft and then we signed Mike Glennon.  Who thought we’d trade up to get Trubisky?  

I’m currently happy with both those deals.  But we spend all this time speculating on what might happen and nobody saw either of those deals coming.  Two years ago with Kevin White went like we hoped and I feel like everybody was happy with that pick.  

Considering the value Pace places on impact players, that makes it less likely we move down.  

My statement was I dont think anyone will guess our first two picks right this year. I have no idea what way they go.  Last year I felt a QB, a few thought S. My guess this year is OLB, but I dont see one at 8 unless we move up for Chubb or down.  

I’ve been trying to analyze this draft based on what Pace has done in the past, and I can’t shake this feeling that Pace goes either Nelson or secondary in the first, then trades down in the second and ends up taking . . . Shaquem Griffin. Most have heard his story by now - LB/edge prospect from Central Florida who has no left hand but had 33 TFL and 18 sacks over the past two years. Look, after Chubb all the pass rushers have issues, but Pace has valued athleticism (Griffin ran a 4.38) and isn’t afraid to be daring (see Trubisky, Shaheen, Cohen). Most have him as a round 4-5 player, but he just screams Pace guy to me  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-draft-prospect-shaquem-griffin-im-definitely-not-just-a-feel-good-story/amp/

On 4/20/2018 at 2:31 AM, BearFan NYC said:

is it the same one who knows everything, but somehow doesnt value ILB at all?

Nope. Because I haven't been able to figure out any Bears GM in my entire life.

But you're right...I don't really value ILB in a 3-4 defense much. You need hole pluggers. Sure tacklers. The superstars need to be at OLB.

23 hours ago, bradjock said:

The trade up for Floyd came as a bit of a shock to most, but there were multiple people on the board who called that pick as being highly likely.

1 hour ago, jason said:

The trade up for Floyd came as a bit of a shock to most, but there were multiple people on the board who called that pick as being highly likely.

I’m sure you’re right.  That being said, didn’t Floyd seem like a bit of a reach at #11?  Then we traded up to get him.  Granted, we pretty much did the exact same thing last year, where we not only reached for Trubisky but traded up to do it.  

23 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

My statement was I dont think anyone will guess our first two picks right this year. I have no idea what way they go.  Last year I felt a QB, a few thought S. My guess this year is OLB, but I dont see one at 8 unless we move up for Chubb or down.  

You don’t see Tremaine Edmunds at 8? 

Besides that, I see what you’re saying and I feel the same way.  This draft does seem harder to predict than most.  We were desperate for a WR when we drafted White and we needed a long term QB last year.  This year?  Quenton Nelson would be great . . . But he’s just a guard.  Roquan Smith would be great . . . But he’s just an ILB.  Tremaine Edmunds would be great . . . But he’s a project and reminds everybody of Leonard Floyd. 

With ANY secondary player, it’s not a great need and Fangio doesn’t value them nearly the way he values linebackers.  Fangio values the secondary the way Belichick values running backs.  Meaning, he can always find one and make them good.  Not to mention, who is getting excited about a secondary player?