NFL Draft - Day 2 Thread

DABEARSDABOMB

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here are 10 players that could help us. at least 4 will be available for us picking 7th

OL             Hernandez, Carter & Williams
WR            Sutton, Chark & St. Brown
EDGE        Carter & Landry
CB             Jackson & Oliver

14 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

A reporter on the score recently indicated Pace's attempt to trade back up into the 1st round was to try and draft Calvin Ridley.  

15 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

A reporter on the score recently indicated Pace's attempt to trade back up into the 1st round was to try and draft Calvin Ridley.  

Interesting.  I’m guessing at a minimum—it would have cost us a #2, #4, and next year’s #2

1 minute ago, bradjock said:

Interesting.  I’m guessing at a minimum—it would have cost us a #2, #4, and next year’s #2

I don't think it would have been that steep, but it would have cost us our 2nd and either a future 3rd or a both of our 4th's. Either way that would have been a pretty steep price to pay, imo.  

OLB - since we are thinnest here. 

Landry, Carter, Key, Hubbard

DE - Can Bullard and RRH take the torch?

Harrison Phillips would be a stud and can play NT if Goldman walks after the year 

G-in case they are not sure on Kush and Morgan.

Hernandez or William's

WR-some RD talent, but this draft is deep

Sutton or Kirk, sleeper Gallup

Just now, ASHKUM BEAR said:

OLB - since we are thinnest here. 

Landry, Carter, Key, Hubbard

DE - Can Bullard and RRH take the torch?

Harrison Phillips would be a stud and can play NT if Goldman walks after the year 

G-in case they are not sure on Kush and Morgan.

Hernandez or William's

WR-some RD talent, but this draft is deep

Sutton or Kirk, sleeper Gallup

DE would be great if he can play. That's what we need most right now. Is Phillips the guy? I havent studied him.

Listening to Lawrence Holmes on the Score, “We HAVE to get a pass rusher here.”  I gotta agree.  But then we could still get a day one starter at offensive guard.  AND we were probably trying to trade the rest of our draft last night for a WR.  Ought to be interesting. 

On a side note, I’m kind of hoping we trade down just so I have an excuse to be invested the rest of the night.   

Just now, bradjock said:

Listening to Lawrence Holmes on the Score, “We HAVE to get a pass rusher here.”  I gotta agree.  But then we could still get a day one starter at offensive guard.  AND we were probably trying to trade the rest of our draft last night for a WR.  Ought to be interesting. 

On a side note, I’m kind of hoping we trade down just so I have an excuse to be invested the rest of the night.   

Dunno about the pass rusher, but I like a pick on OL or WR here. Help Trubisky!

But there are good secondary players left too...

1 minute ago, bradjock said:

I have no issues with a trade down.  That could allow us to come back into the draft late in the 3rd round. 

Peace

10 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

DE would be great if he can play. That's what we need most right now. Is Phillips the guy? I havent studied him.

He is a fiery big man who would put pressure in the backfield.  I believe he had one of the higher explosion ratings from the combine too.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DJrsxpm1YUCE&ved=0ahUKEwixpuGozNvaAhUEuVkKHU3oAmYQtwIIJzAD&usg=AOvVaw3NsOVGtQZchLwZBQi1gsV0

1 minute ago, Stinger226 said:

Daniels/OC good pick

Looks like he can fire off the line and move well.  Will solidify the middle of the line.  Liked him better than Billy Price. Wish we can find a trade partner for Grasu, who may have had value if injury didn't riddle him. 

What we have is two starters from day one. Very different from last year. He will be a 10 year starter with some pro bowls along the way. Is just 20 years old, and will get better as he grows in strength. 

We still have two needs to fill but we fixed one spot right now. I still think we draft a OT prospect to take over for Massie after this year. I think what we forget is HH will raise everybodys play  along the line. I think HH had a lot of input in this pick. 

• Pixote unpinned this topic