NFL Draft - Day 2 Thread

DABEARSDABOMB

Listening to the SCORE and they are talking about how Cody Whitehair was so much better as a center than a guard.  

That being said, do you think we worried about Whitehair snapping the ball?  

I’m okay with the pick as it fills a need. That being said, I was really hoping for Harold Landry or a trade down. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

They traded pick 105 from the 4th and next years #2 pick from next year.

Wish Pace would start trading down. But he is not messing around. He brought in 3 starters, two that will help Trubisky blossom. Still have 4, 5, 6, and 7th to grab some sleepers.

1 minute ago, Stinger226 said:

They think he is the real deal, that is why they gave up draft capital for next year.

I have been reading scouting reports about him and a couple have mentioned he is similar to Antonio Brown, 4.46 speed and quick, good route runner.

He also played in a RPO offense and turned short routes into huge gains. He will become a high target and will be a blast to root for.

Whitehair has had issues with snaps.  We can now move him over.  I like the pick.  Bears should have a very good offensive line.  This Bears team is shaping up. I still want another receiver.  I wish I could count on Kevin White being health, but you just can't.

4 minutes ago, jason said:

I’m not a fan of Pace trading up every year.  If he were going to trade up, I would have hoped it was for edge rusher.

I hear you, it is nerve racking losing picks each year. I think once they have a their starting core, they can reverse mortgage and start gaining picks. I like what they are doing and hope they can still end up with Brandon Parker OT for development and a OLB.

It wasnt much of a trade up - more like taking our next year's 2nd pick early this year. The price to accelerate the pick was a 4th.

So the price wasn't our 2nd next year, that's just the pick we made, the price was one of our 4ths. If hes the slot receiver I think he is, we did well.

7 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

At least the line should be pretty settled. No more massive questions over Whitehair and where he will play.

True. I was hoping Grasu would pan out and allow Whitehair to move left, but it didn’t work out. I’d still like an OT.

Miller has been compared to Antonio Brown, except Miller was more dominant with back to back 1,400 yd seasons with 32 TDs over those two years. 

We ended up basically trading 2nd rounders (this year for next year), and giving up a 4th this year to do that. The only issue I have is I wish we gave up our 2nd 4th rounder and not our original (105 vs 115).

• Pixote unpinned this topic