Buffalo...

Mongo3451

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

From what I'm seeing tonight, we cannot take Buffalo for granted.

No but you also know it was a division game and they threw everything at the Patriots.  It'll be hard for them to come back with as much emotion and energy against Chicago.  Their D has talent and will be a good matchup for us on the road especially with a new RG.  I noticed they didn't follow Fangio's lead and decided to get after Brady...and it worked.  

I think Mongos onto something.  I was thinking the same thing.  Benjamin looked good going for some of those 50-50 balls and Anderson didn’t look all that stressed considering he’s been out of football for the last decade or so.  The Bears D has a way of making washed up QBs look legit (see Osweiller).  Their D is pretty solid and could make things difficult up front.  This isn’t a game the team can take for granted. 

This has the feel of a potential trap game, with 3 straight key division games after Buffalo.   We can't take Buffalo or any team lightly. The Bills have some talent but they average just under 11 points per game and give up an average of 25 points per game.  4 of their 6 losses were fairly lopsided.   The Vikings game seems more of an anomaly for both teams.  Their last two outings they've been outscored 11-62.  This is a game we absolutely should not lose but we can't go in overconfident.  They got after Brady, and we have a new RG.  We might see Mitch taking off a little more but it's something he does well.  The game could be closer than it should, I didn't think the NE/Buff game would be as close as it was for that long till the pats pulled away in the 4th.  What I hope happens is we jump out on them and not give them any hope.  The longer you let a team like that hang around the harder it is to put them away.  

10 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I think Mongos onto something.  I was thinking the same thing.  Benjamin looked good going for some of those 50-50 balls and Anderson didn’t look all that stressed considering he’s been out of football for the last decade or so.  The Bears D has a way of making washed up QBs look legit (see Osweiller).  Their D is pretty solid and could make things difficult up front.  This isn’t a game the team can take for granted. 

They absolutely have a legit defense. Probably Top 5 in the league if it was paired with a decent offense. They can make plays and the Bears could find themselves on the wrong side if they give up the big plays offensively and/or make too many mistakes offensively (i.e, turnover prone).  I'm hoping they can get up early on Buffalo and put them away from start to finish...you don't want to start off the game by digging a big hole...gives the other team too much hope and puts you in a tough spot (i.e., Miami / Arizona games).  

1 hour ago, BearFan2000 said:

This has the feel of a potential trap game, with 3 straight key division games after Buffalo.   We can't take Buffalo or any team lightly. The Bills have some talent but they average just under 11 points per game and give up an average of 25 points per game.  4 of their 6 losses were fairly lopsided.   The Vikings game seems more of an anomaly for both teams.  Their last two outings they've been outscored 11-62.  This is a game we absolutely should not lose but we can't go in overconfident.  They got after Brady, and we have a new RG.  We might see Mitch taking off a little more but it's something he does well.  The game could be closer than it should, I didn't think the NE/Buff game would be as close as it was for that long till the pats pulled away in the 4th.  What I hope happens is we jump out on them and not give them any hope.  The longer you let a team like that hang around the harder it is to put them away.  

I agree with this statement, however, after the Miami and New England game, I feel like they are better prepared to come out and keep coming.  I also think if Mack is out, the defense kind of knows it has to "step up" and will bring its A game.  

Poor Peterman.  Started as a backup to the rookie; who was eventually injured, then replaced by a third stringer who only a week before was doing something with fantasy golf or something rather.

A little behind the scenes on Peterman; after transferring from Tennesee his Junior year he became a starter for Pittsburgh after two games of that season. He stayed the starter through the reminder of his senior year.  Of note one of Pittsburgh’s wins that year was against the Clemson Tigers; their only loss.  Peterman ended up passing for 5,142 yards with 47 TDs and 15 INTs as the starter.  His current passer rating is something like 31%.  The short of it is, the Bears can’t go to sleep on the kid as sad a story as he may seem.