Bears at Rams Official Game Thread

AZ54

10 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

That is exactly the point regarding context.  We were beating the brakes off of the number one team in the league and you were critiquing.  That's just weird to me.  Trubisky is more than Grossman ever was.  He'll win us a Superbowl, but it may be his way, not yours.

You understand context is a subjective thing right?  Dogs and simple animals live for the moment and only focus on that.  I focused, at that moment (ergo context), on what I saw as an egregious error on Trubiskys part.  Other more advanced primates etc look beyond that and consider the big picture.

Not saying you or I are one or the other.  Just suggesting that I relish the win, just like you or any other Bears fan does.  But worry about the big picture and how his play could affect our chances of advancing into the playoffs. That’s my style.  

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

You understand context is a subjective thing right?  Dogs and simple animals live for the moment and only focus on that.  I focused, at that moment (ergo context), on what I saw as an egregious error on Trubiskys part.  Other more advanced primates etc look beyond that and consider the big picture.

Not saying you or I are one or the other.  Just suggesting that I relish the win, just like you or any other Bears fan does.  But worry about the big picture and how his play could affect our chances of advancing into the playoffs. That’s my style.  

Since, you now, are being a condescending dick.  Let me point out that I actually played football.  I seriously doubt you have.  As far as the simpleton comment is concerned, I find it laughable, as your football IQ is usually not worth responding to.  Context...

You may now have the final word, because I'm out.

9 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Since, you now, are being a condescending dick.  Let me point out that I actually played football.  I seriously doubt you have.  As far as the simpleton comment is concerned, I find it laughable, as your football IQ is usually not worth responding to.  Context...

You may now have the final word, because I'm out.

Well good. That explains a lot.  Yes I’ve played.  Since the age of 9 in fact. Coached too.  But that doesn’t make me any better at understanding the game.  If you think me condescending, fine.  Im personally not a fan of being told to “STFU” because of a comment I made. Tomato..toMAHto I guess. 

I knew this was going off the rails for what amounts to football talk anyhow.  I’ll bow out here too.  

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Oddly enough it wasn’t the “first thing out of my mouth”.  If you look at this history of this thread the ‘first thing’ I commented on was about my looking forward to the game (like Mad Lith) and my concern with Trubiskys long game.  It was actually the 9th post on this thread made sometime Saturday afternoon.  

My first comment during the actual game on Sunday was how I just heard about the severity of Trubiskys injury and again my concern with how it would affect his play.  I also quipped that I had hoped he would have improved his sliding game (or something to that effect).  

It’s your focus of my negativity, or at least proving it, that clouds your perception.  

This is stupid to be talking about you being a negative person, everybody has known that since you have been on here.Its ok to criticize , we all do , its just your theme song. You have made comments all day and no one said anything. The comment Mongo was referring to was at the end of game. Look at the timeline. You should learn to enjoy life a little, we beat a very good team and everybody was excited, and you throw your little comments in and then spend days trying to back pedal.

Somebody tell me again how much better Trubisky is at running the Offense than Daniel?  If it weren’t for the D...this game would be a pure disaster. 

MV5BYTEzNGVkNTctZjgwMi00MDQ3LTk3ZGEtZTY3NmQxYTRjYmZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQxNjcxNQ@@._V1_.jpg

Sad to see fellow Bears fans at each others throats.  I have never played competitive football.  But I have watched a ton.  I was alive and watched in 63. 85-97. 2006.  And almost every game for almost 60 years.  Yes it was a great win on Sunday and I was standing in my living room making quiet fake cheers and hand claps for the whole fourth quarter, not to wake anyone up, wishing I was at the game.  I'm almost 70 and don't have much time left to see a Bears team become not only relevant but DOMINATE.  And with QB play like Sunday night that's not going to happen.  Yea, it was great and is great but winning in the reg. season is not the Holy Grail for me.  They will not win a Super Bowl with QB play like we have seen more times than not this season.  I hope Mitch get it right.  He is our guy for the next ten years.  I have seen games where he did but it all together.   But I'm tired of just being a great defense team with no SB's. 

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

Sad to see fellow Bears fans at each others throats.  I have never played competitive football.  But I have watched a ton.  I was alive and watched in 63. 85-97. 2006.  And almost every game for almost 60 years.  Yes it was a great win on Sunday and I was standing in my living room making quiet fake cheers and hand claps for the whole fourth quarter, not to wake anyone up, wishing I was at the game.  I'm almost 70 and don't have much time left to see a Bears team become not only relevant but DOMINATE.  And with QB play like Sunday night that's not going to happen.  Yea, it was great and is great but winning in the reg. season is not the Holy Grail for me.  They will not win a Super Bowl with QB play like we have seen more times than not this season.  I hope Mitch get it right.  He is our guy for the next ten years.  I have seen games where he did but it all together.   But I'm tired of just being a great defense team with no SB's. 

Bill, MT is being developed. Since we have a dominate defense, it seems like now MT is expected to be good every game. Developing a QB does not work that way. Next year he will be more consistent  and make less mistakes, unfortunately their is no fast track to making a QB good, it takes several years. He had his worst game of the year coming back from an injured shoulder. Ride his ass after a few games if he isnt playing better, dont think is the game we start the a  dump Trubisky swansong. Keep in mind with a new coach, new system and several new players, we were not suppose to be good until next year, this is just a bonus, enjoy it.

P.S.  I just had a great ribeye steak cooked on the grill outside tonight.  I love Cali even if I can't go to Bears games often enough.  And I love it when we beat the niners.  But remember 89 I believe.  When they went into Chicago and kicked our ass 28-3.  Even with Bear weather.  Still sticks in my craw hearing Montana giving the pre game talk!!!  Not good QB play that game.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

This is stupid to be talking about you being a negative person, everybody has known that since you have been on here.Its ok to criticize , we all do , its just your theme song. You have made comments all day and no one said anything. The comment Mongo was referring to was at the end of game. Look at the timeline. You should learn to enjoy life a little, we beat a very good team and everybody was excited, and you throw your little comments in and then spend days trying to back pedal.

Somebody tell me again how much better Trubisky is at running the Offense than Daniel?  If it weren’t for the D...this game would be a pure disaster. 

MV5BYTEzNGVkNTctZjgwMi00MDQ3LTk3ZGEtZTY3NmQxYTRjYmZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQxNjcxNQ@@._V1_.jpg

You're right it is "stupid" to discuss this personality trait you are obsessed with, yet you continue to do it. It has become clear to me why the psychologist angle didn’t work out.  Your analytics suck.  Not sure where you got ‘back-peddling ’, but ok.  That post you quoted from me above was during the game...right after he threw his third INT.  

Moving on. 

58 minutes ago, Bill said:

Sad to see fellow Bears fans at each others throats.  I have never played competitive football.  But I have watched a ton.  I was alive and watched in 63. 85-97. 2006.  And almost every game for almost 60 years.  

Bill, I apologize to you and the other true fans here that I’ve bothered with my antics and bickering and participation of the derailment of this thread.  My passion for this team does crazy things to my psyche...or is it that I live in Alaska?  I’m like you and wish and hope our team will some day again reach the pinnacle of the NFL and win it.  You sir are unquestionably a TRIED and true fan and deserve to see the Bears win it all...again and again.  I hope they do it this year and the next and the next, I really do.  Best of luck to you and them and us. 

...and we won!  Imagine what's going on with the Rams fans after their QB threw 4 INTs and had a fumble.  As the announcers said during the game Goff is still a young QB and it showed.  What's great about the talking heads on TV is that none of this applies to Trubisky. 

I also think we're ignoring history when people say we can't win a Superbowl with an average performing young QB, who has ups/downs during the regular season, but who is backup up by a great defense.  Check out Roethlisberger's game logs from 2005 vs. Trubisky. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RoetBe00/gamelog/2005/

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TrubMi00.htm

The excitement from the victory over the Rams is simply the fact that for the first time we saw our young defense put together a dominating performance start to finish.  We all knew the potential was there because we've seen it for 3 quarters in most games this season.   Those of us who are old(er) know that kind of defense can take you a very long way in the playoffs, and even win a Superbowl.  

I'm glad we have Nagy running the show.  He stays positive through the rough spots and stays behind his players.  I see him all fired up on the sidelines during games and I'm sure the players see that too.   They know the intensity that is expected of them.  I think they've all come to learn that a bad game won't end the season for them. 

9 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

You're right it is "stupid" to discuss this personality trait you are obsessed with, yet you continue to do it. It has become clear to me why the psychologist angle didn’t work out.  Your analytics suck.  Not sure where you got ‘back-peddling ’, but ok.  That post you quoted from me above was during the game...right after he threw his third INT.  

Moving on. 

thank you, remember I am not the one that started this thread going, just added my opinion just like you and everybody else. There is two ways to look at things in life, some people look at something to find fault and some people look at things to feel good about. 

Edited by Stinger226
add more content