Bears vs Packers Official Game Thread (Sun, Dec 9, 12:00 PM CST/FOX/Bears -6, O/U 45)

adam

The Bears have a chance to win the Division, while knocking GB out of playoff contention, in front of their home crowd, it doesn't get much better than this. It should be one of those "passing the torch" type of games with a win. We need to stay ahead of Dallas and depending on if LAR or NO tank, we have an outside shot at a bye.

GB is 2-5 since their bye and has fired McCarthy. They are 1-0 without him beating a hapless Falcons team 34-20. They do have an easy schedule after us (NYJ and DET), so there is still a sliver of hope if they somehow beat us and win out, which would put them at 8-7-1. The good thing is they can't pass us regardless of the outcome of the rest of the season. 

We really need to make it a hostile environment for Rodgers with the crowd playing as the 12th man. Rodgers has a consecutive passing attempt streak without an interception, and we lead the league with (25), basically 2 per game. Something has to give. I think the Bears get one.

I am hoping for an improved Trubisky and the same defensive intensity as we saw against the Rams. This will be a good measuring stick to see how much Trubisky has improved from Week 1. 

Bears 31-17 

Going back to week 1, it would seem the offense was holding it’s own (with a 20-0 lead) but wasn’t it the defense that eventually broke down?  Especially after Rogers came back?  I don’t see a repeat of that this time. 

Question I have is; will Aaron be wearing his Bose headphone as the ad suggests?  Something tells me it’ll be a fruitless endeavor. 

We need to finish what we started and then just flat bury them.  Our pass rush is better than it was in Week 1.  Back then Floyd was injured and playing for the first time with a cast.  Mack just got off the plane and hadn't played any football.  Plus the interior rush is more consistent now that earlier in the season.  Roquan Smith also has learned how to play well in our defense so he's out there instead of Kwiatoski.   The DBs are just working so well together right now.  One of the most impressive things I saw against the Rams was how much the D communicates with each before the snap.  That's at all 3 levels from the Dline, LBs, and DBs.  These guys are focused on their job and they've studied the opponent.  

One of two things will happen on offense.  Either the Packers gear up to stop the run and Trubisky and the WRs run wild downfield.  Or they sit back and try to cover in which case we will run over them.  They can't stop both and Nagy will figure it out.  

Beating the Pack at home, knocking them out of playoff hopes, and clinching our division is like killing a flock of birds with one stone.  It would be sweet revenge.  I want the Bears to absolutely murder the packers to the point someone will need to call 9-1-1 to ship their lifeless corpse back to GB.  

Az is right we are a vastly different team not only personal wise but on field play.  We are vastly improved that gap between GB and Chicago has disappeared.  Rodgers better have his life insurance policy up to date.  Bring it on!

3 hours ago, madlithuanian said:

There's nothing more that they'd like than to spoil our parade.  We must take them very seriously.  Go Bears!

I'm both looking forward to and dreading this game.  This is the Packers Superbowl and we should treat it as such.  They have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Interesting to see the Bears as the 2nd most likely win only behind Baltimore over TB.

The line also slide to -6 from opening - 4.5. 

Most people, including myself, harps on the need for the offense to be better, and it definitely does. However, the Bears record is solely based on the opponent's points scored. We are 9-0 when we allow 22 or less and 0-4 when the opponent scores 24 or more. Now the offense and special teams need to do their parts and not give up any points. If they don't (pick-6, safety, return TD, etc), we won't lose another game. 

Here we go, biggest game in a loonnnngggggg time. The NFC North title, a playoff berth, double-digit wins, a guaranteed winning record in the division, and potentially knocking GB out of the playoffs, and at Soldier Field. It doesn't get much better than this!

:bears:dabears

3 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I hate when the cuteness doesnt work, but have to like the aggression. You have a coach that believes in this team and that feeds a young team to feel encouraged. 

Couldn’t agree more.  Think it was just about timing.  Having to know that giving Rogers that type of field position can hurt. Pretty sure Nagy will learn from that. 

Overall, great win!!! Nice solid effort and what’s better...they come away with NFC North crown. 

Nothing comes easy against the Packers and Rodgers.  Great game by Mitch.  He played within his ability and made no mistakes.  Going forward, playing like this on all sides of the ball, will make this a tough team to beat.  

NFC North Champs and in the playoffs, playoffs!!

QB Comparison:

Trubisky: 20/28, 71.4%, 235 yds, 8.4 Y/A, 2 TD, 0 INT, 1 Sack, 120.4 QB Rating
Rodgers: 25/42, 59.5%, 274 yds, 6.5 Y/A, 0 TD, 1 INT, 5 Sacks, 68.9 QB Rating

Mack with 2.5 sacks, Floyd with 2, Jackson with 1 INT, Smith with 10 tackles

Great team win!

Let's just not run Mizzell on crucial 3rd Downs, leave it up to Cohen and Howard. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

Eddie Jackson with the pick, then gets his ankle twisted underneath him on the return. Ugh, it didn't look good.

Alleged to be lower leg sprain. ‘Jackson was seen in a walking boot afterwards.’  Hopefully not something more sinister like a cracked fibula.  Those have a tendency to get torqued when twisted like Jackson did at the end of the play. (Incidentally this was the opposite leg from his career ender at Alabama).  Good thing is he has a few weeks to sit before the playoffs.  Either way he should be good to go.  

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/16/eddie-jackson-suffers-sprained-ankle-in-week-15-win-over-packers/