Cohen==the new Sayers

ChileBear

23 minutes ago, ChileBear said:

Wow, Cohen moves and jukes like my fav, Sayers. Pace got a gem, like Papa Bear did. I really missed this type of football. Loved it in 64-65, adore it now.

Sayers was just a bit before my time but from highlights I’ve seen I can see what you’re saying.  I may have misjudged Cohen.  He seems to be a bit of an enigma with quick twitch ability. 

I absolutely love Cohen. I cannot say enough good things about him.

However, I was 16 and in high school when Sayers was a rookie. I watched him in awe. If he had stayed healthy, he would still hold records never to be broken.

With that said, as much as I love Cohen, He is not anywhere close to the player Sayers was.

That is not saying anything negative about Cohen. 

It just says how great Sayers was, IMO.

Sayers and Payton were more than just generational players.  Tough to compare anyone to them.  Especially at this point in his career.  But damn he is just fun to watch, even when he is making a bad choice.  He can just make grown men look silly, and announcers!!!

51 minutes ago, Pixote said:

I absolutely love Cohen. I cannot say enough good things about him.

However, I was 16 and in high school when Sayers was a rookie. I watched him in awe. If he had stayed healthy, he would still hold records never to be broken.

With that said, as much as I love Cohen, He is not anywhere close to the player Sayers was.

That is not saying anything negative about Cohen. 

It just says how great Sayers was, IMO.

I never watched Sayers live but even in his highlights its' clear Sayers was a really rare athlete.  Cohen is a great athlete but he's not in Sayers class iMO.  

The reason I became a Bears fan was in my teens watching Sayers and Butkus and the asshole neighbor Packer fan. Cohen isnt Sayers, but a very good player and is the most important weapon on the field. Dont get me wrong, A-ROB is a #1 and we have good skill players, but he makes all DC know where is on the field. He makes the rest of the offense go. Very important to this offense.