What QB?

Bill

Based on cap estimates, which I have no idea who's right.  I have read they have at most is 15mil.  Now they of course will redo some contracts etc.  But what QB's that are free agents are still worth signing to even be a backup.  And I just don't see trading for almost any of the ones available.  Dalton. Foles, Newton, and maybe Carr.  I just don't see any way they can improve their QB play and will be lucky to get a backup better than Daniels was.  I can't believe they would sign Newton or Brady.  What say you?

when the music stops, some QB is going to be left standing without a deal, and they will get underpaid on a short term deal, which puts MT in a position to win the job, and likely we pick a QB in the first round next year.

4 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

when the music stops, some QB is going to be left standing without a deal, and they will get underpaid on a short term deal, which puts MT in a position to win the job, and likely we pick a QB in the first round next year.

That sounds amazing.  Why didn’t we play that game with Tight End as Eric Enron and others are still available?  

4 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

So what your saying is let's throw away the next three-four years of a good defense and start the whole process again?  Just seems like the Bears are again going to waste an above average defense with coulda, shoulda, QB decisions.

34 minutes ago, bradjock said:

That sounds amazing.  Why didn’t we play that game with Tight End as Eric Enron and others are still available?  

Pace took his guy, he had conviction on. Wonder what that conviction is he sees that can get more out of Jimmy G that Erin couldn't.  

1 hour ago, Bill said:

So what your saying is let's throw away the next three-four years of a good defense and start the whole process again?  Just seems like the Bears are again going to waste an above average defense with coulda, shoulda, QB decisions.

nah, if we had 30 Million in cap space we could sign a better QB, but we dont, so whats thew option? To get in early and overpay for a mid tier guy? We tried and Bridegwater got more than we could afford.

What did you want the Bears to do?

25 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

nah, if we had 30 Million in cap space we could sign a better QB, but we dont, so whats thew option? To get in early and overpay for a mid tier guy? We tried and Bridegwater got more than we could afford.

Go full Titan and build Oline and running game and hope Trubisky can just become a game manager who hits the occasional big play.  That apparently is worth $119mil.  

11 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

From my ignorant point of view.  Meaning I have no knowledge of what I speak.  QB to me is the number one problem.  We only have one and I don't believe he is better than anyone out there signed already.  OF line is next to protect who ever ends up back there.  Yes we would of had to try some cheaper options as in TE and OLB.  But I think the D would still of been good.  Now if Mitch can get up to average or better.  And I don't mean just in stats but maybe bringing up the play of those around him then they are doing things the right way.  But we still need two QB's and OL help in a bad way.

So maybe the last man standing is Winston and we get him.  That would at least be can't miss TV.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

So maybe the last man standing is Winston and we get him.  That would at least be can't miss TV

I like your way of thinking ... however, I’m not sure Winston or Cam would be the solution the Bears need.  With Winston his play is even more erratic than Trubisky.  Didn’t he throw something like 30 INTs last year?  This is something he’s carried over from his college days.  

Cam on the other hand is a bit more controlled in his playing.  Better pocket presence and still some mobility (which he would need).  Problem with him is his injury history.  He’s missed some significant playing time the last two years. NFL ESPN reporter Diana Russini speculates that is a lot of the reason he became available in Carolina and why he’s not having teams clamor to get him. 

And last but not least, they are way to mercurial for what the Bears need right now.  Jameis still really hasn’t matured since the stuff we saw him do in college and Cam...well let’s just say he doesn’t hide his emotions very well either. 

49 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I like your way of thinking ... however, I’m not sure Winston or Cam would be the solution the Bears need.  With Winston his play is even more erratic than Trubisky.  Didn’t he throw something like 30 INTs last year?  This is something he’s carried over from his college days.  

Cam on the other hand is a bit more controlled in his playing.  Better pocket presence and still some mobility (which he would need).  Problem with him is his injury history.  He’s missed some significant playing time the last two years. NFL ESPN reporter Diana Russini speculates that is a lot of the reason he became available in Carolina and why he’s not having teams clamor to get him. 

And last but not least, they are way to mercurial for what the Bears need right now.  Jameis still really hasn’t matured since the stuff we saw him do in college and Cam...well let’s just say he doesn’t hide his emotions very well either. 

I agree with you assessment of both Winston and Cam.  I don't see either helping us and I'm still waiting on Andy Dalton to show up with some significant cap space discount.  

In today's state of things.  Not being able to have team Dr,s Give a physical I don't know how you would sign Cam without a get our of jail clause which would hold up the whole process.  And also knowing he had to change his whole throwing motion the year before and never had time to work on it is just way to many red flags