Bears Resign Deon Bush to 1-year deal

dawhizz

Completely fine with this move and would be comfortable with him starting, though I assume they give him some competition in the draft.  He made some mistakes early in the year, but seemed better when he got reps near the end of the year.

we will draft a safety with one of the later round picks.

SUperstars at any position are hard to come by, but reasonable talent is available at RB and S lower in the draft than any other position for the simple reason that the positions dont require freakish athletic ability and physical size.

There are many more 5' 11" 220 pound people who run a slower 40 than 4.4 than there are 6' 7" athletes, or guys that run faster than 4.4 in the world, so the 80th best RB in the world is a better fit in the NFL than the 80th best OLT or CB

Tony Jefferson may be trolling the Bears, maybe not?  (check out the hyperlinked story embedded in this one about Cordarrelle Patterson trying to recruit players to the Bears — pretty funny. )

https://www.bleachernation.com/bears/2020/03/20/free-agent-safety-tony-jefferson-ii-tweets-that-hes-gonna-check-in-today-with-the-bears/

Anything helps, a lot of contracts now are on low deals.  Lots to choose from so I am very confident we get a good one. I think every position of need will have a vet brought in so that leaves us open to our picks being a OL or WR will be best value in that area of the draft.  I wouldn't have any problem with 2 OL either. 

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Anything helps, a lot of contracts now are on low deals.  Lots to choose from so I am very confident we get a good one. I think every position of need will have a vet brought in so that leaves us open to our picks being a OL or WR will be best value in that area of the draft.  I wouldn't have any problem with 2 OL either. 

+1 to two OL, although it might help me in our bet :)

On 3/20/2020 at 10:49 AM, Stinger226 said:

At worst a good backup. Maybe will surprise but will have competition. 

He could be a damn good starter for us this season.  With a ball hawking safety like Eddie Jackson, we really just need a solid tackler who’s smart enough to get to the right spot.  It shouldn’t be that difficult.  

To make things interesting while I take a break from my NetFlix binging; happened upon a thread where someone said there are trade rumors involving Jamal Adams.   Sounds like he hasn’t quite committed to going back to the Jets yet.  Here’s a story with a few other theories.  

https://beargoggleson.com/2020/03/20/chicago-bears-rumors-trade-jamal-adams/

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Bears sign former Steeler CB Artie Burns to a one year deal.   Who?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28936129/former-steelers-cb-artie-burns-agrees-join-bears

He was playing decently his first two seasons and he can flat out run.  We talked about him a lot as a possible option for the Bears when he was in the draft years ago.

48 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

To make things interesting while I take a break from my NetFlix binging; happened upon a thread where someone said there are trade rumors involving Jamal Adams.   Sounds like he hasn’t quite committed to going back to the Jets yet.  Here’s a story with a few other theories.  

I can't imagine Pace locking up that much cap space on two safeties...and for many years to come.  Somewhere soon he has to get spending on a QB or we ride with a rookie/Foles next year,  and the year after, and the year after.    

2 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I can't imagine Pace locking up that much cap space on two safeties...and for many years to come.  Somewhere soon he has to get spending on a QB or we ride with a rookie/Foles next year,  and the year after, and the year after.    

If he spends anymore big, do so along the oline.  

4 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

In my ignorant understanding there is no way they can spend top dollar for any free agent.  They are just to cash strapped now and into the soon to be future.  You can only restructure so may contracts going forward.  We have a few big needs that can be addressed with lower tier FA's.  Which will give us options in the draft.  I'll let them chose which spots are a priority and can be filled with lower level FA or draft picks.

Pace is laying low as usual.   There have been rumors over at DBB that Robinson's extension has been agreed upon but not announced because the Bears have to complete some other deals to clear cap space.  No matter what Pace does we won't find a lot more space.  Burns' deal might prevent us from signing one the best remaining safeties.  

https://twitter.com/dabearsblog?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^embeddedtimeline|twterm^profile%3Adabearsblog&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdabearsblog.com%2Fdabearsblog.com

5 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Maybe not such a bad option (Qb that is) if Foles works out and you get a decent QB for a five year rookie deal.

And the speculation here is they could really bolster the defense enough that they wouldn’t need to spend much more on the offense.  Maybe pick up a few low hanging  FA oline men or draft.  And add one more skill player; RB or WR.  🤔

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Maybe not such a bad option (Qb that is) if Foles works out and you get a decent QB for a five year rookie deal.

And the speculation here is they could really bolster the defense enough that they wouldn’t need to spend much more on the offense.  Maybe pick up a few low hanging  FA oline men or draft.  And add one more skill player; RB or WR.  🤔

Yes we could do that with this defense.  Just make it elite because all the right pieces are there.  Get a running game and let it ride with a mediocre QB.  Many Superbowls have been won on the back of a great D.  

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

The SF model of last year is what we should shoot for.  I think no problem for the D, but we have to run the ball well for this to work. 

We'll be drafting a RB.  The kid from Memphis Antonio Gibson or later  AJ Dillon are my targets on day 3.  We have to draft someone from Memphis don't we?  

On 3/20/2020 at 7:13 PM, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Tony Jefferson may be trolling the Bears, maybe not?  (check out the hyperlinked story embedded in this one about Cordarrelle Patterson trying to recruit players to the Bears — pretty funny. )

https://www.bleachernation.com/bears/2020/03/20/free-agent-safety-tony-jefferson-ii-tweets-that-hes-gonna-check-in-today-with-the-bears/

THis would be a nice move. I remember wanting him a couple years ago.