Artie Burns, CB signs with Bears

adam

Wow this is surprising. He can run with anyone but was always a bit light on the tackling side of things.  If he can get his technique down we might have something but at worst we have added experienced depth behind Tolliver.  It's really similar to what we did with Prince a few years back.  Toss in a rookie on day 3 to fill out the roster but we could also be done here:   NB Skrine with Shelley as his backup,   CB:  Fuller, Tolliver, Burns, and for depth/practice squad we still have Denmark and Joseph and this signing from the CFL Tre Roberson (not expecting much from him).   

I think Tre Roberson is a wild card here. He miight just be a depth signing from an inferior league, but he was playing pretty damned well there, and a number of teams made offers for him.

Who knows? I won't be counting on him, but he could well surprise.

2 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Wow this is surprising. He can run with anyone but was always a bit light on the tackling side of things.  If he can get his technique down we might have something but at worst we have added experienced depth behind Tolliver.  It's really similar to what we did with Prince a few years back.  Toss in a rookie on day 3 to fill out the roster but we could also be done here:   NB Skrine with Shelley as his backup,   CB:  Fuller, Tolliver, Burns, and for depth/practice squad we still have Denmark and Joseph and this signing from the CFL Tre Roberson (not expecting much from him).   

Decent pickup who could benefit from our DLine if he earns the starting spot.  He had the talent to be drafted rd1 and even started, hope a new team rejuvenates him.

On 3/21/2020 at 2:59 PM, bradjock said:

Nice pick-up!  The #2 CB spot is going to be one of the most interesting position battles.  

One of which is likely a draft pick (probably one of our earlier picks).  I'd like to move down a bit and target a couple wideouts, some DB's, some olinemen.  If a TE were to fall, that would be great too.  

On 3/21/2020 at 3:08 PM, Alaskan Grizzly said:

In another thread I added that there are rumors, although more along the lines of murmurs that the Bears are talking to Jamal Adams.  This was a story on how that could happen.  

https://beargoggleson.com/2020/03/20/chicago-bears-rumors-trade-jamal-adams/

I would be really annoyed if we gave up even more future draft picks.  

On 3/21/2020 at 6:16 PM, BearFan NYC said:

I think Tre Roberson is a wild card here. He miight just be a depth signing from an inferior league, but he was playing pretty damned well there, and a number of teams made offers for him.

Who knows? I won't be counting on him, but he could well surprise.

I agree - There is reason to be cautiously excited about Roberson.