PFF Mock Draft Simulator

adam

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I have done several mocks on PFF, some of the situations seem totally unrealistic, no way in hell Becton makes it out of the top 15 let alone fall to 43.

Their big board must not be too accurate. I do think we may see one impressive name slide to 43, then Pace will end up taking that TE Hopkins.  

I'm sure someone like a Higgins or Josh Jones could drop down but a top 4 OT will never make it out of the first round. I think they just haven't adjusted their board, a lot of players have moved up  the board. Erza Cleveland was not even in the top 100 player and now he could go in the first round. 

26 minutes ago, Elgin Slim said:

image.png

I'd be happy with the first two.  Eason drives me crazy when I watch him play...don't need to see more of that.    Tanner Muse is an interesting prospect but he's not very agile.  In a straight line downhill he'll make some big hits but I think NFL players will just cut around him.  He's like the safety version of Ryan Nall.  

I read some draft profiles on Muse and flexibility was a question  but most said he makes up for that with football IQ.  He was a team captain and has the ability to cover TEs and RBs.  A good tackler but was suggested he put on 10 lbs and become a LB, weakside or middle in the 3-4. Sounds more like a backup than a starter but Kwit had some of the same characteristics put on him when he came out. They said a hard worker and rentless pursuit.  They're many better options but sounds at the least a good special teams player and NFL backup. Plus 4.41 speed doesn't hurt. 

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

I read some draft profiles on Muse and flexibility was a question  but most said he makes up for that with football IQ.  He was a team captain and has the ability to cover TEs and RBs.  A good tackler but was suggested he put on 10 lbs and become a LB, weakside or middle in the 3-4. Sounds more like a backup than a starter but Kwit had some of the same characteristics put on him when he came out. They said a hard worker and rentless pursuit.  They're many better options but sounds at the least a good special teams player and NFL backup. Plus 4.41 speed doesn't hurt. 

Doing many mocks, Muse always seemed like the last resort at SS but he didnt leave you feeling skepticle. You felt his floor was high enough to be alright, but not sure there much of a ceiling.   Solid player and maybe someone we can compare to as Kwit as Stinger mentions

5 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Doing many mocks, Muse always seemed like the last resort at SS but he didnt leave you feeling skepticle. You felt his floor was high enough to be alright, but not sure there much of a ceiling.   Solid player and maybe someone we can compare to as Kwit as Stinger mentions

Kwit is not a bad comparison.  He also started out as a safety in college.  

9 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

A comparable late round guy I’m really loving recently is Antoine Brooks from Maryland. Started at linebacker and moved to safety, but maintained the same mentality and has a whopping 27 TFL in his career, which is unheard of for a safety. I’ve never seen a DB make so many plays at or behind the line of scrimmage. 

15 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I have done several mocks on PFF, some of the situations seem totally unrealistic, no way in hell Becton makes it out of the top 15 let alone fall to 43.

Just read Becton failed a drug test. I doubt it drops him down to the 2nd, but may drop him 5-10 slots 

4 hours ago, dawhizz said:

A comparable late round guy I’m really loving recently is Antoine Brooks from Maryland. Started at linebacker and moved to safety, but maintained the same mentality and has a whopping 27 TFL in his career, which is unheard of for a safety. I’ve never seen a DB make so many plays at or behind the line of scrimmage. 

Good find.  He fits the downhill role perfectly and the way he gets off blocks is outstanding.  Downside is listed below.  I'd be perfectly good adding him to the roster late in the draft, even if we drafted another safety earlier.  I like having good hard-nosed football players on the defense.  I'm not that enamored with Bush or DHC either and while he's limited in coverage somewhat he brings a lot to the table in and around the LOS that those other safeties don't have.   Since we have ILBs who can cover TEs or RBs Pagano could mask his deficiencies if he had to be on the field due to injury.   

https://www.thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings

CONS: Total liability in man coverage. Tight hips and heavy feet make him a liability carrying anyone into space. Doesn’t feel vertical push well at all in his pedal. Zone drops are erratic and he rarely reaches his landmarks. Cover spacing is mostly off and he gets caught between zones or covering grass. Has minimal range and well below average makeup speed. Cannot be trusted in deep zone coverage. 

If BPA ends up being 2 Safeties in this draft, that's  not a bad thing provided we get extra picks. In many mock drafts I took Delpit in the second round and Brooks was still there with our late picks.  Like AZ said before, SS is huge to be able to allow EJac more freedom in the back end and covering TEs. 

The PFF Simulator now starts at the 2nd round. Pretty cool.

I ran it and tried to pick BPA, a lot of great options. What I don't understand is why PFF would give a different grade at the same pick for the same player just based on who is available. Like somehow Winfield was a better pick the 2nd time:

download.png

download (1).png