Trubisky Time...

Mongo3451

14 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Trubisky is probably counting down the days to get out of dodge and hopes to avoid any more injury. Belichick will pluck him from FA and turn him into a solid 10 yr QB.  

If Trubisky is the competitor I believe he is, he wants to play. It's obvious that Foles has lost confidence and is seeing ghosts. He needs to sit for a while. He can be your backup the next couple of years since you have to pay him anyway but he is not the starter. 

Peace

They brought former #1 pick Deshone Kizer in for a workout this week.  I remember many here, myself included, suggesting he would have been nice to see play in Chicago when he was in the draft. 

In an unfortunate twist of fate it wouldn’t be all that surprising the Bears have two former #1 picks at QB on the roster.  Neither of which has been very good in the pros. 

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2020/11/18/21574204/bears-deshone-kizer-tryout-quarterbacks-mitch-trubisky-nick-foles-injured-notre-dame-tyler-bray

nothing more than kicking the tires.  I did like him coming out of college but, he's not shown much at this level.  There's not much worth looking at in the FA market for QB's but at this point it's like trying to put used tires on a car you drug out of the salvage yard.  There's no fixing this team this year they are what they are, we might see one or two more wins at most.  

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Good story on what I think they should do going forward.  And Kiser just signed with Titans PS, no worry there, unless the Bears put him on the 53.

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2020/11/21/21585518/keys-for-the-chicago-bears-to-finish-the-2020-season-mitch-trubisky-lazor-nagy-whitehair-cole-kmet

100% if Coward never sees the field again.  Ifedi has been much better than him.

What a shit show. You have no choice but to go back to Trubisky, but probably should've done it a few weeks back. Foles has not looked the same since that Atlanta game. He literally started to do the same bad habits that everyone picked on Trubisky about. Throwing off his back foot, inaccurate passes, missing wide open players, throwing into double coverage. Foles essentially morphed into Mitch Folbisky with zero mobility. 

The Bears should just put Foles on IR, and let Trubisky play for a new contract. There is a chance that he learned something in the last two months since he was benched. We will see. It would be great if he came out on fire against GB. We need our team to play angry. Our defense does (outside of Skrine), but our offense is timid. 

5 hours ago, adam said:

What a shit show. You have no choice but to go back to Trubisky, but probably should've done it a few weeks back. Foles has not looked the same since that Atlanta game. He literally started to do the same bad habits that everyone picked on Trubisky about. Throwing off his back foot, inaccurate passes, missing wide open players, throwing into double coverage. Foles essentially morphed into Mitch Folbisky with zero mobility. 

The Bears should just put Foles on IR, and let Trubisky play for a new contract. There is a chance that he learned something in the last two months since he was benched. We will see. It would be great if he came out on fire against GB. We need our team to play angry. Our defense does (outside of Skrine), but our offense is timid. 

True, all the talking heads were saying the Bears only started Trubusky because of Pace and now that he got pulled we will see how this offense is supposed to be ran. What excuse did we hear from the same talking heads after the garbage Foles brought, let's blame the oline.  Maybe Trubisky could have been the QB we wanted if they would have invested in the oline instead of Roquan.  Mike McGlinchey was taken immediately after.  Love Roquan, but LTs are rare and a must even if they just extended Leno.  

54 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

And then instead of trading up for WR Miller, taken Orlando Brown Jr for RT.

1st RD - Mike McGlinchey. LT

2nd RD - James Daniel's C/G

3rd RD - Orlando Brown Jr RT

We would be better my a milestone.

yes

If you just look back at Pace's entire draft history, he should be fired.

Just looking at the first 3 rounds, where Pace drafted defense, and then picking offensive players within the next 10 picks. Beyond that the player value at the time of the draft would probably warrant a draft down vs a pick. So I just looked at offensive players missed with the drafting of a defensive player or complete offensive bust (Shaheen). 

2016 -
1st - Floyd (passed on Laremy Tunsil - OT, Taylor Decker - OT, Ryan Kelly - C)
3rd - Bullard (passed on Joe Thuney - G, Kenyan Drake - RB, Austin Hooper - TE)

2017 -
1st - Trubisky (passed on Mahomes, Watson, Fournette, McCaffrey) + the 3rd Rounder lost in the trade: (missed on Kamara, Kupp, Elflein - C, Feeney - G)
2nd - Shaheen (passed on Mixon)

2018 - 
1st - Smith (passed on McGlinchey - OT)
2nd - Miller (passed on Chark - WR, O'Neill - OT)
3rd - Trubisky Trade (missed on Gallup - WR, Orlando Brown Jr - OT)

2019 - 
2nd - Miller trade (missed on DK Metcalf - WR)
3rd - Montgomery (passed on Nate Davis - G)

2020 - 
2nd - Kmet (passed on Chase Claypool - WR)

I know it is easier to draft after the fact, but these players were rated as high if not higher than the player drafted by the Bears. To think our O-Line and offense as a whole could look like this from the Pace era from only the first 3 rounds of picks:

Sutton - WR (instead of Daniels)
O'Neill - T (instead of Miller)
Thuney - G (instead of Bullard)
Kelly - C (instead of Floyd)
Davis - G (instead of Montgomery)
McGlinchey - T (instead of Smith)
Trubisky - QB
Mixon - RB (instead of Shaheen)
Metcalf - WR (instead of Miller)
Claypool - WR3/TE (instead of Kmet)

Graham - TE
Mooney - WR3/4

Whitehair is your Super Sub, since you didn't need Daniels, you pick Sutton. I did not use anything from the Trubisky trade or pick. Take that offense and we ultimately lose Roquan, Miller, Montgomery and Kmet plus the entire O-Line from the current roster. You then can re-sign Kwit or KPL to replace Smith, and all others are already replaced by the new picks. You don't need to sign A-Rob either. So money could be spent on extending some of these guys. That team is unstoppable. 

Another wild option was replacing McGlinchey with Lamar Jackson, and Trubisky with Ramczyk, both one for one:

Sutton - WR (instead of Daniels)
O'Neill - T (instead of Miller)
Thuney - G (instead of Bullard)
Kelly - C (instead of Floyd)
Davis - G (instead of Montgomery)
Ramczyk - T (instead of Trubisky)
Jackson - QB (instead of Smith)
Mixon - RB (instead of Shaheen)
Metcalf - WR (instead of Miller)
Claypool - WR3/TE (instead of Kmet)

I know it seems like a lot of moving pieces, but the way this would cascade year over year is actually somewhat realistic.