Cordarelle Patterson gone

ASHKUM BEAR

5 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I get it. 5M is a lot of money to pay a returned...even one as good as Cordelle. At least sounds like he isn’t leaving on bad terms. I liked his personality a lot. 

agree. I do think he was a player and they could have found a position for him, but if they arent gonna use him, then they shouldnt keep him.

This may be a precursor to a bigger move, maybe at QB. If they are trying to squeeze every ounce out of the cap, they can bring a guy in for league minimum and get league average results. How many touchbacks did CPat take out of the end zone. Kickoff chances are becoming less and less likely so I am ok with this. I liked him better as a person and social media personality than a player.

He is definitely a top 5 returner as only 4 players had over a 26 yd return average and a TD last year with CPat being one of them. However, the other 3 were: Brandon Wilson, Devin Duvernay, and Isaiah Rodgers. I have no clue what teams those players are on.

Also, as good as he was in the return game, Nagy got too cute with him on offense and more times than not it would end in a negative play. I am good with more reps for Monty, and with Cohen back, it's hard to imagine Patterson getting as many touches this year.  For how explosive he was supposed to be, he only averaged 3.6 yds per carry and 6.3 yds per reception. In terms of scoring, he only accounted for a single TD on offense, and that was with Cohen out for most of the season.

Liked him and sad to see him go as he was a great teammate and was outspoken in trying to convince player to consider signing with the team.   On the bright side he won't be coming in to run the ball or catch a 2 yard pass on third and long.  He will be greatly missed as a returner he was always dangerous.  

It would be nice to have him but with a terrible cap situation, he would be a luxury. They tried to fit him into the offense, but  he was just best as a special teams guy. That 5 mil we might have to pay him can be used for a WR, TE or another RB. We cant keep everyone.

I don’t think we can assume he’s gone until he’s officially gone.  Today we are seeing a lot of first day big money deals.   There’s gonna be a ton of guys who have to take what they can get.  Patterson’s gonna be in that category.  Like at least half the league has MAJOR cap problems with no money to spend.  

Patterson will likely have to take a one year deal that if for far less than he wants.  If the Bears have the best offer—he will take it.  

39 minutes ago, bradjock said:

I don’t think we can assume he’s gone until he’s officially gone.  Today we are seeing a lot of first day big money deals.   There’s gonna be a ton of guys who have to take what they can get.  Patterson’s gonna be in that category.  Like at least half the league has MAJOR cap problems with no money to spend.  

Patterson will likely have to take a one year deal that if for far less than he wants.  If the Bears have the best offer—he will take it.  

So you are saying there is a chance? Hope he signs with the Bears on the cheap.  He is a luxury player, so he will have fewer suitors.  I can see NE bringing him back as they have money and are busy spending it early on