Trades

adam

Miami traded #3 to SF for #12, 2021 3rd, and SF's First Rounders in 2022 and 2023.

Miami then traded #12 and their 2022 first-rounder to Philadelphia for #6

So it ends up almost like a 3-team deal:

Miami trades #3 and their 2022 1st for #6, 2021 3rd, 2022 1st (SF), 2023 1st (SF). 
Philadephia trades #6 for #12 and 2022 1st (MIA)
SF trades #12, 3rd Rounder, 2 future 1sts for #3

41 minutes ago, 50england50 said:

What about trading for Jimmy G. On NFL.COM I states the 49ers would receive a massive cap relief. 

I'm worried about Jimmy's durability.  I think that's a big reason why SF is looking at getting away from him. And rumor has it that Belichek would like him back.   

4 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I'm worried about Jimmy's durability.  I think that's a big reason why SF is looking at getting away from him. And rumor has it that Belichek would like him back.   

lets hope, because NE is poised to jump ahead of us for Mac Jones

3 hours ago, adam said:

Hell, some are speculating SF is taking Jones at #3.

true, but then substitute whoever the 5th QB taken is for my comment.

I dont trust Pace to make a good decision between the five, but I feel like you cant really go wrong with any of them. Or rather, that the risk isnt easy to see at this point before they play in the NFL.

39 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

true, but then substitute whoever the 5th QB taken is for my comment.

I dont trust Pace to make a good decision between the five, but I feel like you cant really go wrong with any of them. Or rather, that the risk isnt easy to see at this point before they play in the NFL.

For SF, I think it would be different if trading 3x firsts and a 3rd would get you one of the top 2 QBs in the draft, but when all it does is get you #3, that seems like a big whiff. 

#3 = 2200
#12 = 1200, 3rd (assume 93) = 128, 1st (assume 29) = 640, 1st (assume 29) = 640 

So if SF gets to NFC Championship game in the next two years, they would still lose out on the trade by a mid-2nd rounder. The only way it works out for them is if they win or get to the SB in the next two years, unlikely with rookie QB in NFC West.

To me it seems like a desperate move for a team, coach, and GM that have done nothing since they took over.

4 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Zack Wilson looked good today.  His size scares the heck outta me.  He has no room to grow from 210.  He's got a ridiculous arm though.

yeah wasnt his arm is incredible?!! but he looks like one of the keebler elves. then again, there is no logical reason why Kyler Murray should be able to play in the league, and yet...

3 hours ago, adam said:

For SF, I think it would be different if trading 3x firsts and a 3rd would get you one of the top 2 QBs in the draft, but when all it does is get you #3, that seems like a big whiff. 

#3 = 2200
#12 = 1200, 3rd (assume 93) = 128, 1st (assume 29) = 640, 1st (assume 29) = 640 

So if SF gets to NFC Championship game in the next two years, they would still lose out on the trade by a mid-2nd rounder. The only way it works out for them is if they win or get to the SB in the next two years, unlikely with rookie QB in NFC West.

To me it seems like a desperate move for a team, coach, and GM that have done nothing since they took over.

I think they devalue future picks vs this year picks? And if you think the #3 QB is gonna be the guy, i guess hes worth almost anything. But can we know how any of these guys will actually be?

6 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

I think they devalue future picks vs this year picks? And if you think the #3 QB is gonna be the guy, i guess hes worth almost anything. But can we know how any of these guys will actually be?

They say that a future picks value is one round lower than its status. I suspect because they dont know the value of it. If you succeed and have a back of the first round draft then it is almost a 2nd round, ect. The first 5 QBs will be gone at the latest at 15 NE pick. So we should just make the roster better and draft a prospect in the third round. Mills, Trask although with the need of QBs , they may be gone by then. Darnold will be available, anyone think he is worth a 2d round pick?

6 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

Oh yeah, I know. Pace got a lot of flak for moving up one slot with 2x 3rds and a 4th, yet Lynch is hailed as a hero moving up 9 slots for 2x 1sts and a 3rd knowing he is getting the 3rd best QB.

14 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

They say that a future picks value is one round lower than its status. I suspect because they dont know the value of it. If you succeed and have a back of the first round draft then it is almost a 2nd round, ect. The first 5 QBs will be gone at the latest at 15 NE pick. So we should just make the roster better and draft a prospect in the third round. Mills, Trask although with the need of QBs , they may be gone by then. Darnold will be available, anyone think he is worth a 2d round pick?

Stinger, you are correct, they basically use the last pick in that round because that is the worst value in return they can get. The gaining team gets the extra value if the trading team plays bad. 

The draft is a crapshoot at best. Remember Trubisky was the no 1 rated QB and the only issue the analysts had with Pace was moving up 1 spot to pick him because everyone felt the 49ers didn’t want a QB and no one was going to move past the Bears. 

Although Jimmy G has some injury flags if we don’t get into a war with the Patriots or other teams I wouldn’t mind giving the 49ers our 1st next year to sign him. 

With a trade the 49ers would have 2.8 million in dead money and free up 23.6 million. This is from over the cap.

Maybe the 49ers would accept Robinson instead of a draft pick and this would help with signing Jimmy G.

This would then allow the signing of a quality OT to replace Leno. 

I don’t want to give lots of draft capital to move up to somewhere between the 10th and 15th pick.

41 minutes ago, 50england50 said:

The draft is a crapshoot at best. Remember Trubisky was the no 1 rated QB and the only issue the analysts had with Pace was moving up 1 spot to pick him because everyone felt the 49ers didn’t want a QB and no one was going to move past the Bears. 

Although Jimmy G has some injury flags if we don’t get into a war with the Patriots or other teams I wouldn’t mind giving the 49ers our 1st next year to sign him. 

With a trade the 49ers would have 2.8 million in dead money and free up 23.6 million. This is from over the cap.

Maybe the 49ers would accept Robinson instead of a draft pick and this would help with signing Jimmy G.

This would then allow the signing of a quality OT to replace Leno. 

I don’t want to give lots of draft capital to move up to somewhere between the 10th and 15th pick.

The 49ers are going to have a lot of issues shortly. They have $173M in cap hits for 2022 for only 24 players. So to fill out the top 51, they would need to sign 27 more players with $29M in projected cap space. JimmyG's cap hit for next year is $27M, which is ridiculous for his production.

I just don't understand the praise for Lynch and Shanahan. They have a losing record together and are in cap hell and now have traded away multiple first-round picks while their stars come out of their rookie deals.