Footnotes

Stinger226

Kyle Long is already injured and could miss training camp.  I make the call he doesn't play this year. 

Bryd,  Mooney,  Goodwin, along with Cohen and D. Williams gives us one of the speediest groups in the NFL,  plus add 4.44 Justin Fields everyone under 4.45, and 3 WRs under 4.38. I like!!! Also I read where 4.6 David Montgomery cut 1.5 seconds off his time with a speed coach. What to see that. 

For Long, it is tough to come back when you get out of shape. He hasn't played in a few years and retired with injuries, so he probably won't play very much this year. 

Monty added 1.5 mph to his top speed, which would shave a few decimals but not 1.5 secs from his 40 time. 

On 6/10/2021 at 10:09 PM, Stinger226 said:

Kyle Long is already injured and could miss training camp.  I make the call he doesn't play this year. 

Agreed.  He was injured in non contact drills and it was lower leg again.  He was done when we retired him. Time for him to do commercials for the Good Feet store.

Something to think about.  Read an article on Devante Adams and this is his last year under contract.  If Rodgers is gone, should he play under a worst QB?  or hold out to get his money before he plays this year? If he has a bad yr because of a bad QB,  that could cost him 5 mil a year when he goes after a new contract. That would be awesome he Rodgers leaves and Adams holds out for a contract extension. 

43 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Something to think about.  Read an article on Devante Adams and this is his last year under contract.  If Rodgers is gone, should he play under a worst QB?  or hold out to get his money before he plays this year? If he has a bad yr because of a bad QB,  that could cost him 5 mil a year when he goes after a new contract. That would be awesome he Rodgers leaves and Adams holds out for a contract extension. 

would be even sweeter if we lure Adams away from GB if we can't keep Robinson.  Having Adams on our roster and us getting the better of GB would be fun.

ARob is a year younger, so I would go with him. He is also already familiar with the system, etc, which is a fairly big deal.

ARob has also done more with less considering who has been throwing to him over his entire career compared to Adams and Rodgers.

ARob has been great for us. I think we will sign him soon. Especially now that we know we have a rookie QB deal for the next 4 years on our cap and not something like Russell Wilson etc.

The only way we don't sign ARob is if we know there is going to be a glut of top tier WR Free Agents next year. A first round stud wont do it because it takes time for a #1 WR to develop.

I say it's at least 2 to 1 that we will sign Robinson to a long term deal before the season starts.

5 hours ago, adam said:

We are pretty thin at TE, so this is interesting.

Funny you say that and just purely by coincidence saw an article yesterday speculating about the Bears maybe being interested in Zach Ertz.  I can’t really see this happen for a lot of reasons (money, cap, need elsewhere and money) but maybe? 

https://247sports.com/Article/Zach-Ertz-trade-Buffalo-Bills-Chicago-Bears-teams-to-watch-Philadelphia-Eagles-166537449/

Ertz cap hit to Philly will be 12.5 for the current year if he stays in there.  8.5 mil is his this year salary.  I think if traded we would only have to pay the salary. Not sure. No one is trading for TE with that kind of a salary with his recent injury history. If they cut him they get to save 8.5 towards their cap. If we can pick him up on a 1 yr 5 mil. GO FOR IT

5 players have been invited for tryouts this week at the Bears minicamp.

Chicago has welcomed five players to minicamp on a tryout basis, which includes former Michigan tight end Jake Butt. Also in attendance are defensive back E.J. Gaines, tight end Sal Cannella, offensive lineman Tyrone Wheatley Jr. and defensive lineman Michael Pennel.

On 6/15/2021 at 11:05 PM, Alaskan Grizzly said:

And they tried out Brandon Marshall (the LB not WR) Monday.  Played a few years with Danny T while in Denver then left football in 2018.   Might be a good cheap depth add?

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2021/06/14/former-broncos-linebacker-brandon-marshall-workout-bears/

He was pretty good in 14, 15, and 17 where he had over 100 tackles, would be a very solid depth piece if healthy. 

Was looking over our team speed at WR and RB

Goodwin  4.27

Bryd         4.25

A Miller  4.38

Mooney  4.38

Rodney Adams   4.38

Tarek Cohen   4.44

Damien Williams 4.45

Justin Fields  4.44

We are now one of the faster teams in the league on offense. 

1 minute ago, Stinger226 said:

Was looking over our team speed at WR and RB

Goodwin  4.27

Bryd         4.25

A Miller  4.38

Mooney  4.38

Rodney Adams   4.38

Tarek Cohen   4.44

Damien Williams 4.45

Justin Fields  4.44

We are now one of the faster teams in the league on offense. 

no doubt, we have some team speed on offense for sure. We also have a pretty good double TE set, and a punishing back in Montgomery, and with any luck, some new road graders on the OL.

Someone ought to be able to call plays to make this offense work. This is Nagy's best opportunity to show what he's got. If he can only produce mediocrity with them, then he should be gone. Maybe Pace would stay. If on the other hand, Nagy can turn this into a really potent modern offense that gets a lot of production and praise, then maybe we will all be saying that it was Mitch's fault alone. And then that looks good for Nagy and less good for Pace.

Of course all of this is oversimplified, but it's how fans and writers tend to see things, so it will become real messaging, even if levels of nuance are lost.

This is a big season for us. I really want to see Fields lighting it up to all these different weapons. Lets go!