Jenkins back surgery

McGowan

16 hours ago, adam said:

Yeah this sucks for a 2nd rounder you traded up for. Now you use a year and he essentially becomes a rookie in 2022. I just hope this is not a long term issue.

As long as it isn't long term, it sucks, but its football and we move on and hopefully get a shot to see what he can do at some point this year and he can build in and still become the player they think they are in the long run.  

I've waited to post to see if they'd get someone else in here.

Ok, so we signed Jason Peters.  What's next?  We need another tackle.  Peter's was slated to play right guard last year for Philly,  because they replaced him at LT.  He had to move back to LT due to injury.  He played ok, but got hurt and only played 8 games.  He's a future HOF, but he's 39.  Let's go to Ifedi.  He's missed all of training camp because of a conditioning drill.  I don't trust that at all.  He's a marginal player anyway, so just cut him and sign Russell Okung.  I'm sick of this crap.  Get someone in here now.

8 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I've waited to post to see if they'd get someone else in here.

Ok, so we signed Jason Peters.  What's next?  We need another tackle.  Peter's was slated to play right guard last year for Philly,  because they replaced him at LT.  He had to move back to LT due to injury.  He played ok, but got hurt and only played 8 games.  He's a future HOF, but he's 39.  Let's go to Ifedi.  He's missed all of training camp because of a conditioning drill.  I don't trust that at all.  He's a marginal player anyway, so just cut him and sign Russell Okung.  I'm sick of this crap.  Get someone in here now.

I am sure we will add another body. I think Okung and Wagner are still available.

2 hours ago, ParkerBear7 said:

Why is everyone wanting to cut Jimmy Graham? Didn't he have 8 TD’s last year?  He is still very productive and a great redzone threat!  Find another way to free up cap space like cutting Danny Trevethan.

I'm with you.  I think the only reason Graham is mentioned is due to his salary with relative low cap hit if released (or so I understand).  But with his productivity last year, it makes little sense to get rid of him especially if you compare him to players like Foles.  I'm one who thinks Danny T still has something to offer but could see them releasing him in a scenario where they need to get another OT especially given Ogletree is doing as well as he is and doesn't cost all that much.  

This article highlights a few other players that really shouldn't be on the roster for much longer; Nall, Wims and Austin Calitro among them.

https://dawindycity.com/2021/08/18/chicago-bears-2021-players-next-roster-cuts/

3 hours ago, ParkerBear7 said:

Why is everyone wanting to cut Jimmy Graham? Didn't he have 8 TD’s last year?  He is still very productive and a great redzone threat!  Find another way to free up cap space like cutting Danny Trevethan.

I would cut my mother for a good OT!  Graham and Trevathon would be nothing in the grand scheme.