Week 9 Official Game Thread: CHI (+6.5) at PIT, O/U 39, MNF, NOV 8, 7:15PM CST / ESPN

adam

Steelers at home only favored by 6.5 is shocking. That's only 3.5 pts on neutral field which means Vegas thinks this game will be closer than the SF game where the Bears were underdogs at home. 

There is a chance that Mack and Monty will be back. Borom now has a full week under his belt. I am not confident that the Bears can get a win outside of playing DET, NYG, and MIN. So this is probably a loss unless Fields takes another step in his development. The defense was literally a wet paper bag last week. If they are not better, it is going to be a long night. 

Steelers 31-24 

Bears defense still bad, Bears offense a little better (3 TDs). 

We will find out a lot about our team this week. After a lousy performance, do they fold or inspire to play better. Steelers arent a very good team but obviously they dont have to be to beat us. It seems like every time we have expectations, they play bad and we think they dont have a chance , we get surprised. I think we play better but it will come down to a a if we get some turnovers. 23-17 either way. 

7 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

We will find out a lot about our team this week. After a lousy performance, do they fold or inspire to play better. Steelers arent a very good team but obviously they dont have to be to beat us. It seems like every time we have expectations, they play bad and we think they dont have a chance , we get surprised. I think we play better but it will come down to a a if we get some turnovers. 23-17 either way. 

After a lousy performance, try 3. They have lost 3 straight and 2 at home. Looking ahead, it could easily be 5 straight losses going into Thanksgiving game on short rest at 3-7. 

What sucks is of all years to suck is when you don't have a 1st Round pick. NYG may end up with 2 top 10 picks. 

13 hours ago, adam said:

After a lousy performance, try 3. They have lost 3 straight and 2 at home. Looking ahead, it could easily be 5 straight losses going into Thanksgiving game on short rest at 3-7. 

What sucks is of all years to suck is when you don't have a 1st Round pick. NYG may end up with 2 top 10 picks. 

Who cares. The bears will suck until they have a real QB. There is none available in this draft so not giving up a pick in this draft to get one with Fields upside a year ago…makes the decision even more justifiied as far as I am concerned!

6 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Who cares. The bears will suck until they have a real QB. There is none available in this draft so not giving up a pick in this draft to get one with Fields upside a year ago…makes the decision even more justifiied as far as I am concerned!

If Fields turns out to be a legit franchise QB, it is all worth it and won't matter. 

On 11/5/2021 at 9:59 PM, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Nervous to play Steelers on road. 

Stranger things have happened. Atlanta (3-4) beat New Orleans (5-2) on the road.  Denver (3-4) beat the snot out of Dallas (formerly 6-1) on the road and as I type this, Minnesota (3-4) is tied up (31-31) with the Ravens (5-2) in Baltimore and heading into OT.  

5 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Stranger things have happened. Atlanta (3-4) beat New Orleans (5-2) on the road.  Denver (3-4) beat the snot out of Dallas (formerly 6-1) on the road and as I type this, Minnesota (3-4) is tied up (31-31) with the Ravens (5-2) in Baltimore and heading into OT.  

Jags also beat the Bills. Crazy week. 

4 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

And Titans are beating up the Rams in LA.

Somehow AZ won without Kyler Murray.  They’re pretty solid and gonna be hard to beat in the NFC.  

They did it without Henry which is mind boggling. They made Stafford look like backwards hat Matty Stafford who throws pick-6s for a living. He had one 1 garbage time TD, that's it, now that's the Stafford we all know and love. 

Speaking of Love, did anyone see his performance against one of the worst defenses in the NFL? 7 pts, shutout for 55 minutes, scored on 53 yard drive. A QBR of 27.4. That's after sitting for a year watching arguably a top 5 QB of all time, getting first team reps and multiple pre season games in the off season. 

Can the defense stop the run after the last few weeks of looking like crap. As we seen yesterday, its hard to predict anything in the NFL. Maybe Fields throws for 3 TDs and over 300 yds.(Nah, just dreaming). The only thing I can predict at this stage is a low scoring game, and it will go down to the end of the game. 

6 hours ago, adam said:

Speaking of Love, did anyone see his performance against one of the worst defenses in the NFL? 7 pts, shutout for 55 minutes, scored on 53 yard drive. A QBR of 27.4. That's after sitting for a year watching arguably a top 5 QB of all time, getting first team reps and multiple pre season games in the off season. 

That’s the thought I had earlier. Although this was Love’s ‘first official start’ he doesn’t look nearly as ready as he should be.  Whereas Fields, a rookie with soon to be six (?) starts looks a heck of a lot better.  

I don’t get the impression Rodgers is necessarily a very good mentor.  I think he’s more like a Joe Flacco type; not his responsibly to teach the new guy.  I like where things will stack up after this year. 

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Can the defense stop the run after the last few weeks of looking like crap. As we seen yesterday, its hard to predict anything in the NFL. Maybe Fields throws for 3 TDs and over 300 yds.(Nah, just dreaming). The only thing I can predict at this stage is a low scoring game, and it will go down to the end of the game. 

I'm hoping for six TD's from the off.  I need 50 points to claw a win in FF and down to Herbert, Moony and Santos.  Has not been a good year for me.

4 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

That’s the thought I had earlier. Although this was Love’s ‘first official start’ he doesn’t look nearly as ready as he should be.  Whereas Fields, a rookie with soon to be six (?) starts looks a heck of a lot better.  

I don’t get the impression Rodgers is necessarily a very good mentor.  I think he’s more like a Joe Flacco type; not his responsibly to teach the new guy.  I like where things will stack up after this year. 

Drew Brees made a point about this. He said that a ton of Rodgers great plays are non-traditional or things that guys like Love shouldn't be emulating, especially as a young QB. In practice, those passes can be made, but in a game, those are INTs. The other issue is very similar to other QBs, Rodgers' offense is Rodgers offense, not GBs where they can plug any QB not named Rodgers into. That was has been this way for at least the last 6-7 years. GB is 9-14 when someone other than Rodgers has started since he took over as starter. 

Everyone is spouting off on how great LaFleur is with a 33-8 record. His record without Rodgers is 0-1. He is 2-2 in the playoffs and one of those wins was against Jared Goff. Let's see how good he is w/o Rodgers for a full season. 

So hard to judge the team when there was a flag thrown against the Bears on every drive for either team. That doesn't include the non calls against the Steelers. This may have been the worst called game I have ever watched. 

Fields is legit, Borom is playing solid, the defense held up down 4 starters. WRs played better but still don't get any separation. Kmet was 6-87. 

Regardless 3-7 looms large going into bye. 

22 minutes ago, adam said:

Fields is legit, Borom is playing solid, the defense held up down 4 starters. WRs played better but still don't get any separation. Kmet was 6-87. 

Right. Good player development, but with those ingredients, the chefs couldnt win it. Fire Nagy, but for sure keep some of the players on this team.

27 minutes ago, adam said:

So hard to judge the team when there was a flag thrown against the Bears on every drive for either team. That doesn't include the non calls against the Steelers. This may have been the worst called game I have ever watched. 

Kmet, Borom, and Fields being legit was huge.  This team is not near as far away as people think on offense. It needs help but I think we are close. New HC, Jenkins/Borom/Fields development, another wideout or two to join Kmet, Montgomery, Herbert, and Mooney...and this will become a very young, very fast, and very exciting offense (obviously Fields is key).  

Kmet blocked well and made plays in the passing game. We need to see more of it, but he has had 3 or 4 straight very good games (this one was less quiet than the past couple).  I really like what I've seen from him - dude is a complete TE. He isn't Kettle or Kelce but he's pretty good.  

30 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Kmet, Borom, and Fields being legit was huge.  This team is not near as far away as people think on offense. It needs help but I think we are close. New HC, Jenkins/Borom/Fields development, another wideout or two to join Kmet, Montgomery, Herbert, and Mooney...and this will become a very young, very fast, and very exciting offense (obviously Fields is key).  

Kmet blocked well and made plays in the passing game. We need to see more of it, but he has had 3 or 4 straight very good games (this one was less quiet than the past couple).  I really like what I've seen from him - dude is a complete TE. He isn't Kettle or Kelce but he's pretty good.  

+1