Refs

NAMEDSONPAYTON2

The Marsh call was bad - but the phantom call on the Bears TD pass was even worse. First off, it wasn't a chop block...2nd half...it was legal.  Difference in the game.  Still - way too many penalties in that game - sign of discipline issues, etc.  Can't win games doing that. But despite all that...JUSTIN FIELDS.  2 straight weeks of real progress and to do that on the road, after a rough first half - pretty special.  

Really nice to see Alan Robinson show up for first time all season too....that could be a huge key / indicator as we look to the 2nd half of the season.  I think the Bears are going to surprise us in 2nd half - we are going to have some fun (frustration too - but I think it is going to be kind of fun and in a good way).  The future is here and near!  

35 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

we are going to have some fun (frustration too - but I think it is going to be kind of fun and in a good way).  The future is here and near!  

👆All this👆 

Didn’t get to watch the game until the end of the 3rd quarter (listened on radio before) but man what a different team that last quarter!  

2 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

The Marsh call was bad - but the phantom call on the Bears TD pass was even worse. First off, it wasn't a chop block...2nd half...it was legal.  Difference in the game.  Still - way too many penalties in that game - sign of discipline issues, etc.  Can't win games doing that. But despite all that...JUSTIN FIELDS.  2 straight weeks of real progress and to do that on the road, after a rough first half - pretty special.  

Really nice to see Alan Robinson show up for first time all season too....that could be a huge key / indicator as we look to the 2nd half of the season.  I think the Bears are going to surprise us in 2nd half - we are going to have some fun (frustration too - but I think it is going to be kind of fun and in a good way).  The future is here and near!  

I"m 100% with you on this.  I saw Adam's post on the NYG having the 8th pick in the draft.  That won't hold but even if it does I don't care because we have Justin Fields and I feel pretty good about that right now.  

Adding insult to injury, the league fined Marsh for the penalty:

Yet the corrupt ref who hip checked him gets to collect his gambling earnings on the game. Unbelievable. 

One good thing about the game on MNF, everyone got to see the Bears get screwed by the refs as it has been a regular occurrence for a few years now.

Now this is interesting. Behind the scenes, some word is there is agreement that at least three calls were blown by refs.

From NFL.com:

NFL officials acknowledge refs erred on multiple calls against Bears in Week 9 loss to Steelers

From bearswire.usa.com:

NFL privately admits to officiating mistakes in Bears-Steelers game

Sadly admitting fault and steps taken to ensure it won't continue to be a regular thing are two entirely different things.  The NFL will screw you and will only admit fault after the fact but nothing ever changes.   Fields should also be as protected as other QB's in the league.  Tired of seeing him hit late, and hit after he slides with no call, look at the Baltimore game Thursday night defender barely breathes on Jackson and there's a flag. For as long as I can remember the league has allowed our QB's to get killed and only once in a while throwing a flag. 

As a QB, you shouldn't have to earn protection from the NFL. The no call on the 3rd down that should have been a roughing the passer was complete BS. The league has gone out of their was to protect the QB yet shit like that happens. There is no excuse for missing that call. 

I continue to believe the only way to fix the officiating in the NFL is to go to younger, full-time referees. Hire college players that are not good enough to play in the NFL. Pay them 100K plus and work them year round so they can refine their craft. There should not be any PT referees. 

Peace

2 hours ago, Connorbear said:

As a QB, you shouldn't have to earn protection from the NFL. The no call on the 3rd down that should have been a roughing the passer was complete BS. The league has gone out of their was to protect the QB yet shit like that happens. There is no excuse for missing that call. 

I continue to believe the only way to fix the officiating in the NFL is to go to younger, full-time referees. Hire college players that are not good enough to play in the NFL. Pay them 100K plus and work them year round so they can refine their craft. There should not be any PT referees. 

Peace

Totally agree.  The NFL's greed and stubbornness is hurting the brand.  While on topic, they really need to expand what a coach throw the challenge flag for.  IE: three of the egregious calls that cost us the game are easy to review.  While I'm on a rant, no game should ever end in a tie.  If NCAA can get it right, so can NFL.