Tevin Jenkins

ASHKUM BEAR

This is great news, work him in during the bye. I would work him in as a backup tackle right now. Spell Peters or Borom for a drive here and there to get him back up to game speed. 

If he and Borom turn out to be bookend tackles, this draft would include Fields, Jenkins, Borom, Herbert, and Tonga which is impressive. They need to bring Dazz back up and get some fresh blood in at WR. 

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

You’re making a case for Pace to be a competent GM.  😣

Could you imagine if they fire Pace and this draft is the core to multiple SB's 🤔😂? 

Paces biggest issue is his damn convictions. It looks like he got the biggest piece solved at QB. LT is the next piece and then a long term OLB pass rusher is 3rd. 

With the Thanksgiving game only 4 days after BAL, it might make sense to dress Jenkins for BAL, but only use as an emergency, then start him in DET because I don't know how well Peters will recover in 4 days. Then you can re-evaluate after the mini-bye after Thanksgiving to determine if Jenkins is ready or not. 

3 hours ago, adam said:

With the Thanksgiving game only 4 days after BAL, it might make sense to dress Jenkins for BAL, but only use as an emergency, then start him in DET because I don't know how well Peters will recover in 4 days. Then you can re-evaluate after the mini-bye after Thanksgiving to determine if Jenkins is ready or not. 

interesting. I still think Jenkins will play Left Guard this year, allowing Whitehair to move to center.

7 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

allowing Whitehair to move to center.

I've been reading more and more criticism of how well (or not in this case) Mustipher is playing.  Some weeks ago I saw the criticism and wanted to see what Kreutz' take on it was and shared an article on this thoughts.  I didn't get the feeling that Mustipher was THAT bad and admittedly I haven't seen where all the critique is coming from.  It seems the running game is clicking pretty well, especially in the zone blocking scheme (a huge success due in part to what the Center does before and after the snap) and the rushing of the quarterback is coming from the edges and not the interior.  In fact I saw a stat somewhere that shows Mustipher with only being credited for one sack all year.  So what gives?  Is there film somewhere showing this colossal breakdown solely on the play of Sam?  

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Is there film somewhere showing this colossal breakdown solely on the play of Sam?  

I record all of the games.  It's my only resource.  Mustipher tends to get bull rushed at a higher than normal rate.  He doesn't get blamed for the sack, but definitely is a major cause of a collapsed pocket.  

And the case for Mustifer from Krutz.  He has stood up for him as far out playing his non draft status.  An UDFA working his way up to starting in the NFL at center.  He might not be the answer but your getting a lot for nothing really.  He is exceeding his  non draft position.  And does do some good things in blocking calls for the run game.

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I record all of the games.  It's my only resource.  Mustipher tends to get bull rushed at a higher than normal rate.  He doesn't get blamed for the sack, but definitely is a major cause of a collapsed pocket.  

I'll have to take a closer look going forward.  

During that interview with Kreutz he was somewhat cryptic as to why he thinks neither Daniels or Whitehair are playing Center.  The impression I got was they either weren't able or better served playing as Guards.  

16 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

During that interview with Kreutz he was somewhat cryptic as to why he thinks neither Daniels or Whitehair are playing Center.  The impression I got was they either weren't able or better served playing as Guards.  

I agree I thought he was saying that neither could call blocking alinements  or protections as well as Mustifer

1 hour ago, Bill said:

And as another thought .  Maybe have him replace Bars just to get a feel for everything and not over use him or force him to be the guy at any position. Got that idea from other site sorry.

I think that's a great idea.  We bring Bars in on mauling packages and that's what Jenkins does best.

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I think they are best suited at guard.  Whoever our next center is, they need to live with Justin Fields so they learn to finish each other's sentences.

I have heard they might have Jenkins at LT, and then slide Peters into LG where he played some with the Eagles last year. If you then slide Daniels or Whitehair to center, that is a pretty decent group as long as Jenkins can hold his own on the edge.

For Jenkins' development, you don't want to put him anywhere he is not going to play. If he is your LT, put him there. With BAL on Sunday, give him until Thanksgiving (next THU) to play so he can get his conditioning up. Also, DET should be an easier opponent than BAL.

10 minutes ago, adam said:

I have heard they might have Jenkins at LT, and then slide Peters into LG where he played some with the Eagles last year.

Isn't him playing Guard why he wanted out of Philly?  It seems crazy to uproot him from a position he prefers over another he does not. Then add on replacing him with a player that is not only an untested rookie but one that has spend the whole season on IR.  

Of course to make matters more confusing....Jenkins may practice at both Left and Right Tackle

https://www.bleachernation.com/bears/2021/11/16/the-bears-will-give-teven-jenkins-practice-reps-at-left-and-right-tackle/