Nagy is losing it under pressure

BearFan PHX

My understanding is you can have a 2-hour get-to-know-you Zoom interview if the other team gives permission. Really, it's not a big deal. Just keep Nagy on until the end of the year and blow him up on Black Monday. 

The bigger issue is who is going to be doing the interviews and hiring?  You can't really move forward on a new coach until you know that. 

Peace

4 hours ago, Connorbear said:

My understanding is you can have a 2-hour get-to-know-you Zoom interview if the other team gives permission. Really, it's not a big deal. Just keep Nagy on until the end of the year and blow him up on Black Monday. 

The bigger issue is who is going to be doing the interviews and hiring?  You can't really move forward on a new coach until you know that. 

Peace

It would be awesome to see Trace Armstrong come in and clean house.  I wouldn't mind if he kept Pace as long as he handcuffed him on trading.  Love to see Trace shut the McCaskeys completely out of decisions because I think they have a huge input in players.

9 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

At the end of the day how does it affect the team going forward?  Is there really any harm in him coaching until the end of the season?  As we’ve seen the last few weeks the team is still playing inspired football despite knowing Nagys got one foot out the door.  Besides that, most of the better candidates are still (or will be) coaching into the playoffs.  With this new rule I noticed a team with a prospective HC candidate on its staff has to give consent to interview.  I could see some wanting to exercise that to avoid distracting the team as they prepare for the post-season.  

The main negative to letting him coach is that reps matter. He’s trying to prove something, and he would be making different personnel decisions if he were safe next year. Well, he’s not very bright, so maybe he wouldn’t, but the philosophy is sound. Borom not starting for instance.

Play calling as well. Running Mooney on hitch after hitch is sub-moronic. How about unleashing something we haven’t seen yet, and testing the players’ limits? Enough gadget BS. Enough freaking RPO like this is the damn Big 12. And for the love of everything the football gods hold dear, enough of the wildcat.

Get rid of him ASAP and let the players see what a real coach and a real offense looks like.

6 hours ago, jason said:

The main negative to letting him coach is that reps matter. He’s trying to prove something, and he would be making different personnel decisions if he were safe next year. Well, he’s not very bright, so maybe he wouldn’t, but the philosophy is sound. Borom not starting for instance.

Play calling as well. Running Mooney on hitch after hitch is sub-moronic. How about unleashing something we haven’t seen yet, and testing the players’ limits? Enough gadget BS. Enough freaking RPO like this is the damn Big 12. And for the love of everything the football gods hold dear, enough of the wildcat.

Get rid of him ASAP and let the players see what a real coach and a real offense looks like.

The hitch and stick routes and the Wildcat have to be the most maddening things I have ever seen. How about after success in the hurry up, he calls a timeout. Then after that timeout, it is a penalty or some kooky play.

His scheme actually makes it harder on the offense. Just send 1 guy in motion, that's it. No need to line up, then have 3 guys shift, then 2 guys in motion, then hard count. It fools no one but the offense. 

I just thought about this, did Nagy's playing days in the Arena Football League have any impact on his play calling and scheme today? Sure seems like it. 

11 hours ago, jason said:

enough of the wildcat.

Couldn't agree more. Having him call this over and over is really embarrassing.  

11 hours ago, jason said:

If he (Nagy) left now, would we really see what a "real offense" looks like before the end of this season?  I'm still not convinced Lazor or even DeFlip 'are those guys'. 

On 12/28/2021 at 10:47 AM, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Couldn't agree more. Having him call this over and over is really embarrassing.  

If he (Nagy) left now, would we really see what a "real offense" looks like before the end of this season?  I'm still not convinced Lazor or even DeFlip 'are those guys'. 

I dont think there is anything that would make a difference this year. The only question is does it matter if you keep Nagy or not? Does it put you behind the 8 ball on coordinator interviews?

I started this thread based on Nagy's performance in that press conference. Since then, he does seem to be getting more comfortable with the idea that hes fired, so he can pilot this sinking ship for the rest of the year if we dont care about coordinator interviews. Its not what it was last week. Now it's just bad, but not psychologcally scarring.

I am confident that Fields knows Nagy is gone, so I dont think Nagy can hurt him.

Nagy is a fake tho.

54 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

Now it's just bad, but not psychologcally scarring.

I am confident that Fields knows Nagy is gone, so I dont think Nagy can hurt him.

Nagy is a fake tho.

Yeah i see this has evolved from what you started to what we are discussing  is about whether Nagy will stay until the end of the season let alone until next year.  We all agree he shouldn’t and probably won’t be back next year.  As far as him staying until the end of the year, it’s kinda moot now for the reasons you cited above.  

Fields seems to have ‘moved on’ as do most of his teammates. Especially the defense who has played really well these last two games, or at least measurably better despite many starters out from the back end.