DC: Alan Williams (IND)
DL: Travis Smith (LV)
LB: Dave Borgonzi (IND)
DB: James Rowe (IND)
S: Andre Curtis (SEA)

Ast. DB: David Overstreet (IND)
ST: Richard Hightower (SF)

27 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Lots of unknowns there....we won't know until we actually know how this will work out.  

I like the diversity, not a lot of coaches from the same org and a lot of relatively new names which in itself could be good or equally bad.  

I was pleasantly surprised at how many guys switched teams without needing to, just to work with Eberflus. A few guys mentioned that. 

4 hours ago, adam said:

Some great press conferences from Getsy, Williams, and Hightower. This feels soooo much better than with Nagy. 

I think we all feel refreshed like this after every new regime starts lol. 

The good part is the Defense should be a smooth transition with all of Fluses Indy personal on the staff.  Offense will take some time and be a mystery.  It is in Gets hands.  

5 hours ago, adam said:

Some great press conferences from Getsy, Williams, and Hightower. This feels soooo much better than with Nagy. 

Getsy was really impressive, he seems like he gets it. Play to the players strengths. I think defensively we will be very competitive, offense can't be as bad as last year and if Fields has growth, we will have something good going on.

11 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I think we all feel refreshed like this after every new regime starts lol. 

The good part is the Defense should be a smooth transition with all of Fluses Indy personal on the staff.  Offense will take some time and be a mystery.  It is in Gets hands.  

Oh sure, especially when comparing where the outgoing regime was just a short time ago. However, if you go back to the Nagy intro, his OC was Mark Helfrich, who had never coached in the NFL at that point. Fangio was obvious the key, but he wasn't hired, he was retained. If you look back, the staff Nagy hired was completely random dudes and outside of Fangio and maybe Tabor, pretty underwhelming.

Also, it was pretty interesting that none of Nagy's OCs ever went on to become HCs anywhere. Helfrich, Lazor, and even DeFilippo have gotten jobs anywhere else at OC or HC. 

Getsy may be the best OC we have since Ed Hughes in the 80s. 

Alan Williams seems like a future HC. I hope the Bears can keep the same staff intact for at least 2-3 years before these guys get hired as HCs.

12 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Getsy was really impressive, he seems like he gets it. Play to the players strengths. I think defensively we will be very competitive, offense can't be as bad as last year and if Fields has growth, we will have something good going on.

Getsy will be a head coach in the next 2 to 3 years. He was very impressive. Our reward will be him fixing our offense and unleashing Fields potential. 

Peace

5 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

Getsy will be a head coach in the next 2 to 3 years. He was very impressive. Our reward will be him fixing our offense and unleashing Fields potential. 

Peace

If Getsy or Williams are getting interviews for HC positions in a few years, that means good things are happening in Lake Forest.

1 hour ago, adam said:

If Getsy or Williams are getting interviews for HC positions in a few years, that means good things are happening in Lake Forest.

Agree and while it stinks to have good coaches poached by other teams, it means that they were successful and therefore their unit was successful.  If Getsy gets this offense humming, and develops Fields, replacing that OC position suddenly becomes easier to get good replacements as quality coaches will want a part of that.  Replacing an OC when the offense is putrid will attract a different kind of coach and you often go from bad OC to bad OC in part because your HC can't identify good coaches, or no good coach wants to be associated with that mess.

There are also things you can do to try and retain a successful coordinator by offering a promotion like assistant HC.  I'd much rather see our staff change because we are successful on field rather than because we ned a scapegoat or we've hit the reset.

Here are the unit DVOAs for offense and defense for our OC and HC/DC's former teams over the last two years:

OFF DVOA GB
2021 - 2nd (CHI - 26th)
2020 - 1st (CHI - 25th)

DEF DVOA IND
2021 - 8th (CHI - 13th)
2020 - 7th (CHI - 8th)

So the hope is the defense can stay relatively close to top 10 while the offense at least jumps inside the top 15.

11 hours ago, adam said:

Associate Head Coach is a big deal. It almost seems like Carroll will just turn the team over to Desai when he is ready to retire. Great hire for Seattle.

Glad to see this.  I think he did a great job last year considering what he had to work with and his experience.  Hicks out, Mack out, only Johnson effective at DB.  Yet he kept them productive.  One of the traits I'm always looking for in coaches is can they make the sum of the talent better than the parts.  He had some mistakes along the way but overall I think he learned from them and late in the season they looked better than the talent level predicted.  I was hoping he'd stick around but his background doesn't fit what Eberflus runs on D so not surprised he's moved on and landed in a good spot.