1st annual "I'd Sh!t Myself" draft...🤑

Mongo3451

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

So you want the worst draft? Everyone should use the same mock draft simulator. I have been using PFN lately ( suggestion) Or pick your choice and let the group critique?

It can be great or terrible.  We can vote for both.  PFN sounds good to me.

Here's one that's gonna rub some people the wrong way. 

39. Devonte Wyatt DT Georgia 

48. Alec Pierce WR Cincy

71. Phidarian Mathis DT Bama

148. Nick Cross S Maryland

150. Jamaree Salyer IOL Georgia

186. Josh Jobe CB Bama

I wanted to go elsewhere at 71 but I couldn't pass up Mathis. Im not a huge fan of Jones and the DT room. Mathis and Wyatt creates a huge strength for this team and makes things easier for the rest of the team. 

Seems we are all on the same page for what we want.

Kendrick has no college team to return to and got in some legal trouble otherwise he'd be 1st or 2nd rd talent.  I would not have taken Evans the round before if I knew Kendrick was on the board even though hes a high risk

Screenshot_20220408-210855_Samsung Internet.jpg

The way this fell it was an odd day to draft at PFN but it was time to build the trenches:

39.  Devonte Wyatt.  DT Georgia. (With him and Kenyon Green on the board it was a tough decision but Wyatt generally has higher grades and it's much easier to find good interior Oline prospects later than a 3-tech)

48.  Kenyon Green.  OG Texas A&M.  (he's still available?  Thank you!) 

71.   Christian Watson. WR North Dakota State. ( I definitely don't see this happening but if it did, this would be the moment the title of this thread would occur)

148.  Cameron Jurgens.  OC Nebraska. (1 to 2 years to take over at C from Patrick)

150.  John Ridgeway. DT Arkansas (Akiem Hicks style player.  I still expect to see Quinn traded for either 1st Rd pick or multiple later rd picks BUT if we still have him our Dline would be good with Wyatt and Ridgeway in the rotation)

186.  Kellen Diesch.   OT Arizona State. (needs work on his technique but has the tools desired for the new offense.  At worst becomes a backup swing OT but you always need one of those and at this point in the draft that's reasonable value.  Gives us a year to assess his upside as a starter.  Also means we stay with Jenkins at LT and Borom at RT but I suspect we would sign a FA LT.   If we do sign one,  we might see a trade of Whitehair and put Green at LG with Borom at RG.  Otherwise Borom would be backup IOL and IMO that's a good option compared to where we've been in years past.).   

5 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Kendrick has no college team to return to and got in some legal trouble otherwise he'd be 1st or 2nd rd talent.  I would not have taken Evans the round before if I knew Kendrick was on the board even though hes a high risk

I'd be happy with this.   What little I can see of Kendrick he doesn't appear to be a 1st Rd talent but regardless at 186 I'm ok if we take a chance.   Based on draft profiles it appears he's a better fit for a zone heavy scheme vs. man since he struggles with deep speed but his quickness is a plus.  I suspect a young GM with such a heavy rebuild is likely to stay away from big character risks in his first draft.  

2 hours ago, AZ54 said:

The way this fell it was an odd day to draft at PFN but it was time to build the trenches:

39.  Devonte Wyatt.  DT Georgia. (With him and Kenyon Green on the board it was a tough decision but Wyatt generally has higher grades and it's much easier to find good interior Oline prospects later than a 3-tech)

48.  Kenyon Green.  OG Texas A&M.  (he's still available?  Thank you!) 

71.   Christian Watson. WR North Dakota State. ( I definitely don't see this happening but if it did, this would be the moment the title of this thread would occur)

148.  Cameron Jurgens.  OC Nebraska. (1 to 2 years to take over at C from Patrick)

150.  John Ridgeway. DT Arkansas (Akiem Hicks style player.  I still expect to see Quinn traded for either 1st Rd pick or multiple later rd picks BUT if we still have him our Dline would be good with Wyatt and Ridgeway in the rotation)

186.  Kellen Diesch.   OT Arizona State. (needs work on his technique but has the tools desired for the new offense.  At worst becomes a backup swing OT but you always need one of those and at this point in the draft that's reasonable value.  Gives us a year to assess his upside as a starter.  Also means we stay with Jenkins at LT and Borom at RT but I suspect we would sign a FA LT.   If we do sign one,  we might see a trade of Whitehair and put Green at LG with Borom at RG.  Otherwise Borom would be backup IOL and IMO that's a good option compared to where we've been in years past.).   

I've probably did 100 mocks never seen Green go to 71, several times he dropped to 39. Jurgens is a player Brandon Thorn has mentioned. I think most of the picks will be the offensive side of the ball. I see 5 starters and swing tackle coming out of that draft. I think the possibility exists that Bottom could be moved to LT and Jenkins goes to the right side. Seen that mentioned by some scouts.

11 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

OMG ❤❤❤!  Put Smith at LG and Petit-Frer at LT.  Smith was the number one rated run blocker last year.  Complete mauler!  

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

OMG ❤❤❤!  Put Smith at LG and Petit-Frer at LT.  Smith was the number one rated run blocker last year.  Complete mauler!  

I don't think this year but I expect them to draft a OG to replace Witehair next year. 12.5 is to much for him unless he plays at pro bowl level. Also they have a rostered player, Dieter Eislsen a OG that came as a UDFA. 6'3" 320 . He's South African and loves football, trained and went to a Ivy League school. Very smart, hard worker. He's been around a couple of years. I wonder if he may be ready to take a jump. He's the type of player Poles would find, and maybe already on the roster.

54 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I don't think this year but I expect them to draft a OG to replace Witehair next year. 12.5 is to much for him unless he plays at pro bowl level. Also they have a rostered player, Dieter Eislsen a OG that came as a UDFA. 6'3" 320 . He's South African and loves football, trained and went to a Ivy League school. Very smart, hard worker. He's been around a couple of years. I wonder if he may be ready to take a jump. He's the type of player Poles would find, and maybe already on the roster.

I remember him.  In watching him,  it was easy to see that he is very strong, but badly needed to work on his lateral agility.  As a practice squad player, he should have worked his ass on that.  Hopefully it paid off.

This is a no-trade BPA (top-rated PFN rated player available):

Lewis Cine
S Georgia

David Ojabo
EDGE Michigan

John Metchie III
WR Alabama

Erik Ezukanma
WR Texas Tech

Terrel Bernard
LB Baylor

Shaun Jolly
CB Appalachian State

No OLine, ouch.

13 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I've probably did 100 mocks never seen Green go to 71, several times he dropped to 39. Jurgens is a player Brandon Thorn has mentioned. I think most of the picks will be the offensive side of the ball. I see 5 starters and swing tackle coming out of that draft. I think the possibility exists that Bottom could be moved to LT and Jenkins goes to the right side. Seen that mentioned by some scouts.

I've never seen Green drop to 48.  He seems like a solid late 1st/early 2nd Rd prospect.    Given the lack of FA attention to the OT position I have to believe there is some level of comfort with our existing players holding the line there if needed.  That doesn't mean it won't get addressed either late here in FA or in the draft but considering Poles was aggressive on 3-tech and OC I have to think he viewed them as critical needs worth addressing aggressively.   

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I would have no problem if all they drafted was OL and WRs. Boost the two positions that help Justin the most. Maybe mix a TE in there.

Oddly in a couple mocks lately I've ended up taking Dulcich TE out of UCLA in the 3rd Rd.  For most of the the draft cycle I've really left that position alone but starting thinking lately that as receiving needs go there is no rule that says it has to be a WR.  In fact, adding a WR and a receiving TE (along with having an OC who knows how to use them) might be the best thing for Fields.  I've always admired what Baltimore did for Lamar Jackson and how they helped him with the 3 TE sets.  Not to say we'd do that but definitely having 2 good TEs can be an asset if used correctly, and maybe even that occasional 3rd TE set with Horsted.  

Dulcich reminds me of Deguara who I wanted a couple years back as late day 3 pick.  Deguara ended up in Green Bay and hasn't contributed much, just 245yds and 2 TDs last year.  Dulcich, in game tape, seems a bit better and might be a bit more agile in his cuts.  He's a former WR so maybe he just runs better routes because he seems to get better separation even from DBs, and they don't like tackling him.  Neither were good blockers in college.  Out of curiosity I checked the combine stats for both and they are fairly matched.   The question then is what does Getsy think will help Fields the most (2 young WR or 1 WR 1 receiving TE) and what did he what did he think about how Deguara fit into what they were doing in GB.   Or do they think Horsted can fill that receiving TE role for us?   Assuming we already have a WR drafted, I'd rather use a 3rd Rd pick on another Oline or even Dline than a TE but I'm not totally against the idea if they feel it will help Fields.  Dulcich isn't in the mold of Kelce, so there may very well be a TE later in the draft who can fill this role just as well for less draft capital.  

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/josiah-deguara/32004445-4770-3400-9fe2-3240dc1a9dab

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/greg-dulcich/32004455-4c26-9681-69d0-93e30ab63839

Not sure what post to put this in but. In all drafts , A player drops. Who is it going to be. The most WRs ever taken in the first round were 6. So its very possible that 8 are gone before pick 39. According to GBNreport, 7 are ranked in the top 40. Since I think Watson gets picked early, should have choices of Pickens, Moore and Pierce. Of the top 8 , who might drop . I think its Jahan  Dotson drops. So question 1 ) would you take Dotson over Pickens, Moore or Pierce?

If there is a run on WRs and 3 QBs get picked ahead of us, possibly that Zion Johson, Kenyon Green or Bernard Rainman drops. If any of them are there, question 2) would you take them over a WR? 

If a edge rusher drops, even though we have 3 solid pass rushers on the team, question 3) do you take them over our needs at WR or OL ?

Like many have expressed, unless address in FA pickups prior to the draft, my concerns are in three areas, OG/OT - CB/S - WR

I know BPA is a solid theory in drafting & building a team, but unless we protect Fields, the kid will never be able to show his true potential.

Once protected, Fields needs a set of reliable targets to throw to.

Then on defense, my main concern is our DBs. Opposing QBs loved playing against us last year. Our coverage sucked.

So to answer your question, I'd take a pass on an edge rusher, or any other position, unless we first address the 3 areas I mentioned.

7 hours ago, AZ54 said:

In fact, adding a WR and a receiving TE (along with having an OC who knows how to use them) might be the best thing for Fields.  I've always admired what Baltimore did for Lamar Jackson and how they helped him with the 3 TE sets

My choice would be Ohio St TE Jeremy Ruckert.  If they can net a high 4th round pick, I think he can be had there.