1st annual "I'd Sh!t Myself" draft...🤑

Mongo3451

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Not sure what post to put this in but. In all drafts , A player drops. Who is it going to be. The most WRs ever taken in the first round were 6. So its very possible that 8 are gone before pick 39. According to GBNreport, 7 are ranked in the top 40. Since I think Watson gets picked early, should have choices of Pickens, Moore and Pierce. Of the top 8 , who might drop . I think its Jahan  Dotson drops. So question 1 ) would you take Dotson over Pickens, Moore or Pierce?

If there is a run on WRs and 3 QBs get picked ahead of us, possibly that Zion Johson, Kenyon Green or Bernard Rainman drops. If any of them are there, question 2) would you take them over a WR? 

If a edge rusher drops, even though we have 3 solid pass rushers on the team, question 3) do you take them over our needs at WR or OL ?

No on the Dotson question.  I don't think he's a difficult player to land in any draft.    At 5'11". he ran a 4.43 forty but more disappointing is his 3-cone time of 7.28.  At his size you want to see something below 7s indicating an ability to separate especially   In contrast Jaquan Brisker S ran 6.91 at the pro day and that means Dotson had a chance to improve on his Combine 3-cone time but refused it.   Then there is the issue of need.  Mooney is going to stay outside.  We have Pringle to work the slot so our biggest gap is at the X.  That isn't what Dotson offers.  He'd have to challenge Pringle for reps out of the slot and again, that 3-cone lack of quickness means that's not likely his best home.   He probably needs to find a place where he can fill the same role Mooney does.  

I feel the same about Moore in that he's not an exceptional athlete.  However, I listen to some of the WR experts talking about his route running being excellent and that puts him ahead of Dotson.   It also means he's likely to find success earlier on the field either in the slot or outside.  Again, he doesn't really fit the mold of an X.  

That brings me to either Pickens or Pierce.  I prefer Pickens just based on his receiving ability, able to adjust to the ball anywhere, but that all depends on his health.  OTOH I really like having an X who can get deep with Pierce having because that forces the safeties to worry about both sides of the field.   He only ran a 4.41 so he doesn't have exceptional speed and he'll have to learn better route running especially on the shorter routes.  That's the same issue for both Pickens and Pierce.  

1 minute ago, AZ54 said:

That brings me to either Pickens or Pierce.  I prefer Pickens just based on his receiving ability, able to adjust to the ball anywhere, but that all depends on his health.  OTOH I really like having an X who can get deep with Pierce having because that forces the safeties to worry about both sides of the field.   He only ran a 4.41 so he doesn't have exceptional speed and he'll have to learn better route running especially on the shorter routes.  That's the same issue for both Pickens and Pierce.  

I spent a little time watching film on both Pickens and Watson.  I am intrigued by Watson and like his athletic abilities on KR and running jet sweeps, but Pickens I believe will be the better WR that can be a deep threat opposite of Mooney. The only hesitant feeling I get with Pickens is Georgia andt I think of Wims and Ridley .  I need to watch some Pierce film.  I do know the Bears sent a team to watch him at his pro day and skipped Ohio States. Either way, the target is the X position which St. Brown will also compete for.   

If we can land at offensive lineman and one of the three WRs Pickens,Watson, Or Pierce, I'd be happy on the start. They could go 3T and DB too, but they need to focus on building around QB.  

21 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I spent a little time watching film on both Pickens and Watson.  I am intrigued by Watson and like his athletic abilities on KR and running jet sweeps, but Pickens I believe will be the better WR that can be a deep threat opposite of Mooney. The only hesitant feeling I get with Pickens is Georgia andt I think of Wims and Ridley .  I need to watch some Pierce film.  I do know the Bears sent a team to watch him at his pro day and skipped Ohio States. Either way, the target is the X position which St. Brown will also compete for.   

If we can land at offensive lineman and one of the three WRs Pickens,Watson, Or Pierce, I'd be happy on the start. They could go 3T and DB too, but they need to focus on building around QB.  

Watching Watson, he is the freak of this draft.  At 6'4, he cuts like a guy 5'10.  Being so tall, he's the perfect compliment to Mooney and Pringle.  My vote is cast...😊

3 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

My choice would be Ohio St TE Jeremy Ruckert.  If they can net a high 4th round pick, I think he can be had there.  

He's not the most dynamic runner either but if we want TE depth a 4th Rd pick or even a 5th among players like Ruckert, Kolar, and others should be good enough to add depth.  

5 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

My choice would be Ohio St TE Jeremy Ruckert.  If they can net a high 4th round pick, I think he can be had there.  

Not a bad option.  What I like is he’s played with Fields.  And he’s a decent pass catcher and run blocker.  Watch the second block he makes on an LB (about 5-6th clip in).  Spectacular.  

2 hours ago, AZ54 said:

He's not the most dynamic runner either but if we want TE depth a 4th Rd pick or even a 5th among players like Ruckert, Kolar, and others should be good enough to add depth.  

He is not going to be flashy but has a good connection with Fields and is more of a  traditional TE.  I think similiar Pitt TE Pat Freiermuth was a player comparison. 

3 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Watching Watson, he is the freak of this draft.  At 6'4, he cuts like a guy 5'10.  Being so tall, he's the perfect compliment to Mooney and Pringle.  My vote is cast...😊

I think because GMs will like his measurements, he will go before our pick. Tape will say Pickens but would be excited with Watson, Pickens or Pierce. Any  TE pick after 71 would be fine. I suspect Kmet takes a step forward and becomes a core player.He had 60 catches last year and with a better passing game could become Fields #2 option in this offense.