Cuts starting - Dazz Newsome

adam

I doubt very much they tinker with the OL very much if someone is cut. They seem to be set on the young guys going forward. If maybe there is a better option than Schofield as a backup, maybe. I can see them maybe bringing in another LB or WR but I think they think they are set. The DBs have a lot of youth and will not want to mess with the progress of them. Injuries of course will affect their choices.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

I doubt very much they tinker with the OL very much if someone is cut. They seem to be set on the young guys going forward. If maybe there is a better option than Schofield as a backup, maybe. I can see them maybe bringing in another LB or WR but I think they think they are set. The DBs have a lot of youth and will not want to mess with the progress of them. Injuries of course will affect their choices.

They just need to replace guys at the bottom end of the roster if there are better players available. Normally that is associated with the last WR, DB, LB, DL, and OL positions.

Chicago Bears

WR Kevin Shaa
C Corey Dublin
S Jon Alexander
WR Dazz Newsome
OT Julie'n Davenport
FB Jake Bargas
DT LaCale London
CB BoPete Keyes  
DL Carson Taylor
LB Christian Albright
LB C.J. Avery
TE Rysen John
LB Noah Dawkins
S Michael Joseph (injured)
CB Jayson Stanley (injured)
LB Javin White (injured)

21 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

I’m a little surprised to see Mario Edwards and Trevon  Coley both cut.   That’s less about losing them as much as I’m curious as to who earned a spot ahead of them.  

My assumption is they are clearing space to sign other guys that got cut from other teams. That would be the only logical explanation. 

15 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Also Schofield got cut, you wait and see in will end up in TB. They are really hurting for OL.

Just saw that.  It's pretty surprising, not that he played that great, but they've either got someone else in mind or more likely we're going with at least one of the rookies.  

It looks like they are letting some veterans go early so they have a better chance of signing with another team.  I don't know how the chess match is played here.  Maybe you let Schofield go early and hope he gets picked up by someone like SF so that if later you cut Carter or Thomas they have a better shot at landing on our practice squad.  

21 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

It looks like they are letting some veterans go early so they have a better chance of signing with another team.  I don't know how the chess match is played here.  Maybe you let Schofield go early and hope he gets picked up by someone like SF so that if later you cut Carter or Thomas they have a better shot at landing on our practice squad.  

That makes a lot of sense. 

Edwards, Coley, and Schofield are the surprises so far. 

Waived:

Allen, Coulter, Dew-Treadway, Eiselen, Evans, Finke, Gates, Graham Jr, Kamara, Simmons, Snowden, AJ. Thomas, Tuggle, Webster.

Cut:

Coleman, Coley, Edwards, Harris, Peterman, Schofield, Stroman

Other:

O'Shaughnessy, Young

First 53-man:

QB: Fields, Siemian
RB: Montgomery, Herbert, Ebner, Blasingame, Tonges
TE: Kmet, Griffin
WR: Mooney, St. Brown, Pringle, Jones, Pettis, Sharpe, Harry
OT: Jones, Borom, Reiff
OG: Whitehair, Jenkins, Carter, Thomas
OC: Patrick, Mustipher

DE: Quinn, Muhammad, Gipson, Robinson
DT: Jones, Blackson, Tonga, Pennel
LB: Smith, Morrow, Sanborn, Thomas, Adams, Johnson
CB: Johnson, Gordon, Vildor, Shelley, Jackson, Jones
S: Jackson, Brisker, DHC, Cruikshank, Hicks

P: Gill
K: Santos
LS: Scales

1 hour ago, adam said:

First 53-man:

QB: Fields, Siemian
RB: Montgomery, Herbert, Ebner, Blasingame, Tonges
TE: Kmet, Griffin
WR: Mooney, St. Brown, Pringle, Jones, Pettis, Sharpe, Harry
OT: Jones, Borom, Reiff
OG: Whitehair, Jenkins, Carter, Thomas
OC: Patrick, Mustipher

DE: Quinn, Muhammad, Gipson, Robinson
DT: Jones, Blackson, Tonga, Pennel
LB: Smith, Morrow, Sanborn, Thomas, Adams, Johnson
CB: Johnson, Gordon, Vildor, Shelley, Jackson, Jones
S: Jackson, Brisker, DHC, Cruikshank, Hicks

P: Gill
K: Santos
LS: Scales

No way they go into the season with just 2 TE on the roster. 

Peace

Tonges can play TE so they need one more. Of course they have to do the injury desigation with Young and Harry so there is 2 they can bring back. Many will be going to the PS (16). Who backs up Justin Jones at 3 T ? must be Blackson . Pennel and Tonga are strickly NTs.

If they add anyone it will be at TE and DL.

This is a young group but IMO it will prove to be better than most national writers have predicted. Flus likes to rotate his DL so definitly need to watch the waiver wire for DTs.