Over analyzed

ASHKUM BEAR

Does anyone else feel the media is pressuring  the Bears to trade Tevin Jenkins? Something happened and they do not like him being first string RG.  I've seen them say they are parading him for a trade.  Why not embrace him. He was a highly ranked college draftee.  The media has power to sway opinion and I hate seeing that. 

The media spends about 30s preparing for any Bears reports. Fields played great against Cleveland and yet there was nothing on NFL.com news section regarding the game.  Plenty of other games got at least a brief mention.  It clear in the broadcast of the Seattle game that they've just written this team off for the season.  

It makes no sense to trade a starting caliber RG on his 2nd year of a rookie deal.

The media are like sharks, blood in the water. They all want to get the scoop or be the one that is quoted asking a specific question or a snarky question. What a way to live. 

They need to move on from asking Jenkins about being traded. 

For Fields, he has 3 things against him, Ohio St QB, Bears QB, and Black QB. That is a lot of stigmas to overcome. Everything he does wrong will be amplified and anything he does right will be lessened (it's only preseason, the WRs ran good routes, anyone can make that throw). He has 10x the critics than he does in backers. 

The only way to stop the noise now is to ball out. 

There are a ton of Bear centric writers, they are always pushing stories just from someone's opinion and not necessarily facts. An example is Quinn wanting to be traded because he didn't show up for a required practice. Right before the draft someone interviewed him and he said he hopes he don't get traded. No one ever heard him say he didn't want to be here. When training camp started, all he did was say he wanted to be here. How could that be , with all the stories that writers posted . They made it up on projection. Every time someone might be cut, they keep saying we need to trade for that person, just junk stories.

55 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I'm not sure if Jenkins has put it to rest.  In his last interview, he was in a lot better mood, but there was subtle language he used that could have been worded differently.  It looks like he's accepted his role.

Correct Jenkins didn't put it to rest but he also didn't say he wanted a trade.  As I heard him, he basically said that is outside his control, he wasn't aware of anything ongoing, and he was just focused on earning the starting job at RG.  

I think Jenkins still believes he a tackle.  But he knows he's not getting that with the Bears at this time.  I don't want to trade him, now..  Let him play guard for a year and then see where he's at.  I don't think he will be less of an asset next year.  Suck it up, kick ass and you could be the jewel in a trade etc.  Or be an anchor on a bears line for years?

My understanding is his small sample size playing last year showed he struggled at OT and Poles and Flus were not sure were he would play so they were shopping him. 

I figured Jenkins would struggle because he had no training camp, little strength training since it was his back and when he was able to practice it was do or die because the Bears were not slowing down for him to get up to speed.  If Jenkins was disgruntled, it was probably because he was told he will be sitting out as they shop him so he didn't get injured.  No one offered the Bears enough value, so they moved to plan b. 

I assume they were shooting for a 1st or 2nd round pick. 

1 hour ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

My understanding is his small sample size playing last year showed he struggled at OT and Poles and Flus were not sure were he would play so they were shopping him. 

I figured Jenkins would struggle because he had no training camp, little strength training since it was his back and when he was able to practice it was do or die because the Bears were not slowing down for him to get up to speed so late into the season.  If Jenkins was disgruntled, it was probably because he was told he will be sitting out as they shop him so he didn't get injured.  No one offered the Bears enough value, so they moved on to plan b. 

I assume they were shooting for a 1st or 2nd round pick. 

17 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Here's a good study on Jenkins and Jones.

There is a lot to like about what Jenkins can do at RG.  I believe he'll become the leader on the line.  I know Mustipher gets a lot of criticism but right now Borom looks like the weak link.  That's because I think Mustipher has improved quite a bit over last year.  I still prefer to see Patrick at C but with Jenkins in place I think the floor for the line's performance has moved up quite a bit.  These guys are all young and in a new scheme with what appear to be good coaches.   It should only get better from here.   

27 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

It was such a strange deal.  Hope he becomes a probowl level player for us.  

I think it was the process he had to go through to get Jenkins to accept playing OG. These days you gotta be a Psychologist to be a GM.

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I think it was the process he had to go through to get Jenkins to accept playing OG. These days you gotta be a Psychologist to be a GM.

Agreed.  Players these days come with a lot of media hype and pressure.  This all leads to false pride.  Instead of feeling fortunate to have a job, he felt insulted.  In the NFL, everyone has talent.  A good mental approach and hard work become the keys to success.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Agreed.  Players these days come with a lot of media hype and pressure.  This all leads to false pride.  Instead of feeling fortunate to have a job, he felt insulted.  In the NFL, everyone has talent.  A good mental approach and hard work become the keys to success.

for sure, and you can say the same for coaching. you can have all the club dub all male dance parties in the world, but it is the teams that preach accountability who win. We still need to see Xs and Os and all that, but it sure looks like we finally got a good coach who will provide that accountability.

14 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

You are correct and we are seeing a GM take control of the roster that we haven't seen since Jim Finks was the Bears GM. He had a solid plan that he stuck to and Poles looks like he is doing the same.

4 hours ago, lemonej said:

You are correct and we are seeing a GM take control of the roster that we haven't seen since Jim Finks was the Bears GM. He had a solid plan that he stuck to and Poles looks like he is doing the same.

I think just avoiding the mistake of thinking if you add some free agency pieces you can win right away is already dodging a bullet that the previous several administrations didnt.

And the irony is in not tying yourself down to 70%-ers with 4 year deals, we actually could surprise some people without that!

I know the roster has holes, but I havent seen a Bears team ready to play on opening day like it seems this one is in a long time.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Pace was a snake oil salesman.

and Emery, Angelo and Hatley...

at some point you gotta blame ownership for the clown parade. Thankfully, we seem to have gotten it right this time. Only time will tell if they will be enough to put us over the top, but they sure seem to be professionals, which is more than i can say for the last 15+ years in Chicago