Ted Phillips retiring at end of the year

DABEARSDABOMB

I read where the Chicago Park District (or whoever deals with Soldier Field) is going to seriously upgrade it and try to make it into something much better so they can use it to attract other teams, sports and events.

Um. Why didnt you do that before when it mattered?

I swear most people are idiots, all over. (everyone on this board excepted of course, including me LOL)

On 9/3/2022 at 1:24 AM, BearFan PHX said:

I read where the Chicago Park District (or whoever deals with Soldier Field) is going to seriously upgrade it and try to make it into something much better so they can use it to attract other teams, sports and events.

I swear most people are idiots, all over. (everyone on this board excepted of course, including me LOL)

Heard that Chicago is broke and they didn't start trying to assist until they got pressure.  

On 9/3/2022 at 12:24 AM, BearFan PHX said:

The Chicago Jaguars, coming in 2025 

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

wow, thatd be something.

The Jaguars are most likely to be the first NFL team in Europe.  London Jaguars.  There is a reason Shahid Khan is always sending his team for games in London.  Plus he is always over there with them which means he's meeting decision makers.  This year again they have the Wembley stadium game against Denver.   I'd say that if they can figure out all the logistics the Jaguars moving to London is all but a done deal.   Games and travel won't be as big of a deal  since we'll be in the supersonic jet age (again) in 2025.  East coast to London will be less than a 4hr flight but I expect they'll shuffle the divisions to get a better East coast alignment.  United and American both have orders for the new jet.   

They litterly dont have the money to redo Soldier Field. Littlefoot is just trying to get reelected. When they redid it before, in order to get 70 thousand seats they said they would have to tear the whole structure down to do it. BUT the Park District wouldnt let them. Bears leaving is a good thing. When the only thing to keep them there is the Skyline, thats not a good reason. Easier to get to, even in you live in Chicago, many amenities, closer to Ohara, Malls, entertainment. 

50 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

Chicago is not going to get a 2nd team - no way, no how. 

Peace

I tend to agree, I was just saying wow at the idea, since its so unexpected, and the reason its so unexpected is... cuz youre right it's not gonna happen LOL

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I tend to agree, I was just saying wow at the idea, since its so unexpected, and the reason its so unexpected is... cuz youre right it's not gonna happen LOL

I brought it up because Khan is University of Illinois Alumni and Lightfoot said if the Bears leave they will attract another team to take their place.  The rumor mill instantly connected the dots that Chicago could pull the Jaquars in. 

28 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I brought it up because Khan is University of Illinois Alumni and Lightfoot said if the Bears leave they will attract another team to take their place.  The rumor mill instantly connected the dots that Chicago could pull the Jaquars in. 

if Chicago ever got a second NFL team, it would be hard to predict what would happen over 5 or 10 years, especially if they started winning. I dont anticipate it any time soon, but it sure would be interesting to watch the dynamics.

It's like how Chicago is a Cubs town. The Sox are cool, they have fans, and when they do well, the town gets excited, but when the Cubs do well, then you see where the heart of the city really lies.

On 9/5/2022 at 8:34 PM, BearFan PHX said:

if Chicago ever got a second NFL team, it would be hard to predict what would happen over 5 or 10 years, especially if they started winning. I dont anticipate it any time soon, but it sure would be interesting to watch the dynamics.

It's like how Chicago is a Cubs town. The Sox are cool, they have fans, and when they do well, the town gets excited, but when the Cubs do well, then you see where the heart of the city really lies.

And when it all comes down, the Chicago Bears own the city over the whole lot of local franchises.  I'm sure the city could support another team, but why would they want Soldier Field?  They would be inheriting the same problems the Bears and their fans have had to endure.