Week 7 Official Game Loss Thread - CHI @ NE , +8, O/U 39.5, MNF 10/24, 7:15PM CT - ESPN

adam

This one could be another stinker. NE is actually the top defense the Bears will have faced yet. Then next week, the Bears get a better defense to play against in DAL. 

So Fields may be out or injured by Week 9 unless they fix this O-Line and protection.

The Bears are known for making unknown QBs look good, so I expect a 300-yd, 2 TD game from Bailey Zappe while Fields stays on average for 190 yds passing on 15-24 passing, 1 TD, 1 INT, 5 sacks, 1 fumble, 55 rushing yards. 

The Patriots have a QB controversy. So far, Zappe has looked better than Jones, 4-1 TD-INT to 2-5 TD-INT for Jones. The big thing for Zappe is he is prone to fumbles with 3 already in only 70 pass attempts. 

In their last two games, they beat DET 29-0 and CLE 38-15. Both sides of the ball are on a roll. The Bears have to play error free football which is a rarity nowadays. Zero turnovers while forcing 2 is the only way I see the Bears winning this one.

I am going to call this one a loss: Patriots 27-16

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, adam said:

The Patriots have a QB controversy. So far, Zappe has looked better than Jones,

Ironically the Cowboys are in the same predicament with Rush going 4-0 (until losing last week) in place of Prescott who was injured during the week one loss.  

In more “positive” news…

The way NE has played the last two weeks, its seems like a win for us is improbable but they have lost 3 times this yr so there is always a chance. The key will be if we can not turn the ball over and be able to run the ball. Their strength is rushing the ball , so if should be a low scoring game which we should be able to keep it close the whole game. I would say we win 17-13.  In their 3 losses they turned the ball over 8 times. In two of the losses they run the ball well also but in the GB game they gave up 199 yards rushing. 

13 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Ironically the Cowboys are in the same predicament with Rush going 4-0 (until losing last week) in place of Prescott who was injured during the week one loss.  

In more “positive” news…

It was all doom and gloom for Dallas when Prescott went down, and now they are actually playing solid all around. When Prescott plays, it is almost like everyone sits back and makes him do all the work. 

Zappe over Jones is going to be interesting, like Brady over Bledsoe. The Pats can't strike gold again, can they? I was hoping for them to have Jones and average offense for the next 10 years. Zappe actually makes their offense more explosive because he can actually throw the ball down the field.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

The way NE has played the last two weeks, its seems like a win for us is improbable but they have lost 3 times this yr so there is always a chance. The key will be if we can not turn the ball over and be able to run the ball. Their strength is rushing the ball , so if should be a low scoring game which we should be able to keep it close the whole game. I would say we win 17-13.  In their 3 losses they turned the ball over 8 times. In two of the losses they run the ball well also but in the GB game they gave up 199 yards rushing. 

Those losses were with Jones and Hoyer. Zappe is much different. He takes deeper shots and has a higher comp% without somehow less INTs, but takes more sacks and fumbles more.

I just watched some highlights of Zappe.  The pocket he's working inside of is often 5 yards wide.  Cleveland got to him a bit but just as often didn't and when he has all day to throw he'll find someone.  We will have to find a way to get pressure on him and that likely means blitzes.  

44 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

I just watched some highlights of Zappe.  The pocket he's working inside of is often 5 yards wide.  Cleveland got to him a bit but just as often didn't and when he has all day to throw he'll find someone.  We will have to find a way to get pressure on him and that likely means blitzes.  

amen!

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

Belichick has always had a great OL.  You might think other franchises, et hem Bears, would have caught on by now.

15 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Belichick has always had a great OL.  You might think other franchises, et hem Bears, would have caught on by now.

I'd expect Poles to be all in on the OL this next year via FA and/or draft.

I dont remember for sure but didnt everyone want Leno gone? I know I did. He can get all of the decent PFF numbers but the eye test said you wanted better. Now the problem with installing rookies at that position there is a learning curve that looks bad to. Unless you have a top 15 pick and put him at LT , they all look bad in their first year, we just dont get to see it. Many high picks havent looked good but people seem to just say (he's young) but hammer a late round pick mainly because he struggles. We have no idea if Jones will ever be good but he has a learning curb to , just need the eye test to see progress. I think the coaching staff just needs to chip and have help for him basically all the time which limits our O but I find it necessary. We will know by the end of the year, but Fields may not be QBing then because of injury. 

Not sure if the new lineup will be better, but you have to try something because the previous line up wasnt working. 

21 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Speaking of oline.  Not sure this official but…

Schofield at G is better than Mustipher at C, and I think Patrick at C is better than Patrick at G, so this should be an upgrade. Patrick is better at pre snap calls where watching Mustipher, I never saw that from him. 

20 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Somewhere, Charles Leno is laughing and counting his money...😜

I would take the Washington Leno over the Chicago Leno any day. Once he got paid in CHI, he got lazy. It was easy to see on tape. The move obviously motivated him, and that is great. He always seemed like a nice guy. 

A few things to be optimistic about going into this game:

1. Mini-bye and no players on the injury report, which is a very rare occurrence.

2. Patrick finally at Center = no Mustipher, who was the weakest link. Pressure up the middle is the worst.

3. N'Keal Harry debut, not that I am expecting anything big, but even 3-4 receptions would be a big deal in this offense. 

4. It looks like Mac Jones will start. He is not 100% and has missed some time. So he may not be sharp. 

5. Velus can't fumble punts if he is not returning them; ISM can't get the ball taken out of his hands like a baby from a mother if he is no longer on the team = both big wins.

8 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

This is the best image of the day.   Lol.  What a dbag. 

FE11910A-336B-436B-85B5-CA39599C5855.png

Yes, I watched the last few minutes. They looked worse than the Bears against Washington. Rodgers always expects a flag. During the last play he got the lateral back to him and got hit as he threw it and flopped like that to try and get a flag. LMAO, what a loser. Funny how he looks without DaVante Adams and how their stupid HC is not that great without All-Pro players at every position. It feels like this if finally the end for them. Nowhere to go but down and I am loving it. A GB loss is a Bears win!

2 hours ago, adam said:

Yes, I watched the last few minutes. They looked worse than the Bears against Washington. Rodgers always expects a flag. During the last play he got the lateral back to him and got hit as he threw it and flopped like that to try and get a flag. LMAO, what a loser. Funny how he looks without DaVante Adams and how their stupid HC is not that great without All-Pro players at every position. It feels like this if finally the end for them. Nowhere to go but down and I am loving it. A GB loss is a Bears win!

lol totally.

I guess they just cant win without Getsy! :)

9 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

The Bears were not suppose to win, 2-4, GB, TB, SF were suppose to be prime contenders. All 3-4. Football is a strange game. 

This season is weird, Jets 5-2, Pats 3-3 in last.

LVR 2-4 after getting Adams, DEN 2-5 after getting Wilson (they were supposedly a QB away last year). LAC added Mack, but still lost to JAX and SEA, while barely beating CLE and DEN. Their other wins are against LVR (2-4) and HOU (1-4-1).

The Giants are 6-1, yet not in first (PHI 6-0). CAR fires HC, trades top players, then wins.

DET was supposed to be much improved and are 1-5 (4-18-1 since last season). GB 3-4 and already 2.5 GB for division.

TB is 3-4 but still the division leader, lol.

Somehow SEA is 1st in West at 4-3 with no other team with a winning record (LAR 3-3 = look terrible, SF 3-4 = how's that CMC trade working out, ARZ 3-4 = Kyler is tiny).

What sucks for the Bears, this was one of those crazy years to make some noise. Even if it was beating NYG and WAS, even though technically they should have beaten MIN too. 4-2 would be WC #3 right now and would play MIN, the current #1 seed. The #3 seed is SEA lol. 

Great start, defense forces 3 and out, then offense drives down field and get 3 pts. 

Fields looks pretty good, one miss to St Brown, but he needs to make a better attempt at the pass. Monty dropped a pitch. Several rollouts, which was nice to see.