Ryan Poles is the Man!

Mongo3451

Chicago Bears Mobile: Poles talks Bears-Patriots on pregame radio show
https://www.chicagobears.com/news/poles-talks-bears-patriots-on-pregame-radio-show-justin-fields-trade-deadline

Read the article first, then replay the game in your mind.  I couldn't love this impromptu interview anymore.  It's almost like he's telling you what's about to happen three hours before the game.  This leadership crew gets it!

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Chicago Bears Mobile: Poles talks Bears-Patriots on pregame radio show
https://www.chicagobears.com/news/poles-talks-bears-patriots-on-pregame-radio-show-justin-fields-trade-deadline

Read the article first, then replay the game in your mind.  I couldn't love this impromptu interview anymore.  It's almost like he's telling you what's about to happen three hours before the game.  This leadership crew gets it!

I really like Poles. Night and day compared to Pace. I am so glad Pace is gone.

Pace was a flexible and loyal team player, which is awesome at most positions, but not at GM, especially when you have a fraud as head coach who needs firing and reigning in, not enabling! Add in a consistent multi year threat from ownership that you're about to lose your job each year, plus ownership also allowing you to spend future salary cap and draft capital in inefficient ways to try to save your job and you get a disaster that takes several years to dig out of.

Frankly, we're lucky that Poles and Flus wanted this job. We dont know yet if Poles will have the golden eye for talent in the draft. So far he's done very well. The coach is doing an excellent job installing a culture, and preparing his team to play hard and grow.

It all looks really good on paper right now, and last night was tangible proof of where this is headed. Nothings for sure yet, but we are definitely making progress.

3 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Pace was a flexible and loyal team player, which is awesome at most positions, but not at GM, especially when you have a fraud as head coach who needs firing and reigning in, not enabling! Add in a consistent multi year threat from ownership that you're about to lose your job each year, plus ownership also allowing you to spend future salary cap and draft capital in inefficient ways to try to save your job and you get a disaster that takes several years to dig out of.

Frankly, we're lucky that Poles and Flus wanted this job. We dont know yet if Poles will have the golden eye for talent in the draft. So far he's done very well. The coach is doing an excellent job installing a culture, and preparing his team to play hard and grow.

It all looks really good on paper right now, and last night was tangible proof of where this is headed. Nothings for sure yet, but we are definitely making progress.

I just hated Pace's attitude, smartest guy in the room. He did that with the Trubisky pick instead of using the normal logic with Watson and Mahomes. He got cute with Shaheen. Mike Glennon's contract? He had a lot of head scratchers.

Or Nagy and the scouts did, and he allowed it. The whole thing seemed out of control - it's hard to say who was in control, and that alone is a failure at GM.

In a way, it's not Nagy's fault he's not a good coach. If Pace had chosen a 10 year old child to be head coach it wouldnt be the child's fault. It would be Pace's. And yet you never really saw him lead, he was always showing togetherness with everyone.

Seriously, if someone Im thinking of hiring to be an NFL head coach tells me that he writes "Be You" on his call sheet to remember something, (I dont know what), Id show him the door immediately.

And on that same thought, McCaskey and Phillips allowed it, and allowed them to spend future value to try to hide their ineptitude. If its Pace's fault, then it's McCaskey and Phillips' fault.

Gosh it's been a long time since we were a professional football team.

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

Or Nagy and the scouts did, and he allowed it. The whole thing seemed out of control - it's hard to say who was in control, and that alone is a failure at GM.

In a way, it's not Nagy's fault he's not a good coach. If Pace had chosen a 10 year old child to be head coach it wouldnt be the child's fault. It would be Pace's. And yet you never really saw him lead, he was always showing togetherness with everyone.

Seriously, if someone Im thinking of hiring to be an NFL head coach tells me that he writes "Be You" on his call sheet to remember something, (I dont know what), Id show him the door immediately.

And on that same thought, McCaskey and Phillips allowed it, and allowed them to spend future value to try to hide their ineptitude. If its Pace's fault, then it's McCaskey and Phillips' fault.

Gosh it's been a long time since we were a professional football team.

That is a scenario too.  I titled this thread "Poles is the Man", but indeed Polian is the man as well. I truly believe the Polian hiring is the key to ALL of this.  He educated the top to let football people be football people.

5 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

That was his fatal flaw.  Why did he trade up so many times?  It's because he knew something about the player that nobody else did.  What an arrogant jackass!

And the crazy part is how half this board was all "trust the process" and "give him a few years" when several of us were saying "WTF is this clown doing" during the entire mess.

Poles came into a bad situation. No first round pick and terrible roster. Cap space sucked and I think he has managed it well. His philosophy is not a one year fix. Build thru the draft and not bring in any high paid FAs that would effect you down the road. He put the team in a favorable position next year. So far this year , his draft has looked promising. He went with best player available theory. I think his rebuild is a 3 yr plan. In his first year at 3-4 i think its hard to grade him yet. The end of the year will give a better measurement of his progress. There is 3 games we had a chance to win at the end of the game. A few bad plays took those away from us. Now the work he has done show great progress in beating NE at home. We dominated them. Just think if we have that kind of game against Dallas. Boy will the narrative change. 

8 hours ago, jason said:

And the crazy part is how half this board was all "trust the process" and "give him a few years" when several of us were saying "WTF is this clown doing" during the entire mess.

Looking back, it's blatant.  I never saw so many defacto nominations for Bearstalk GM in any other administration.  The liberal use of trading draft picks was insane.  And paying that giraffe neck QB 15 mil was 😱.