Packers loss is a Bears win

adam

That was a satisfying Packers loss (now 4-7). At home, in Prime Time, Rodgers folds like a wet noodle in the 4th. He ended up with a 5.8 Y/A and most of his throws were quick throws behind the LOS. His QBR is 40.9, which is also laughable. Him and LaFleur sure don't look like juggernauts when they don't have HoF level receivers. 

The Packers are basically screwed due to Rodgers. His contract is reedonkulous. Dead cap for 2023? 99.7M! LMAO! In 2024? $68M. In 2025? Just 45.4M. So they are stuck with him for at least 2023 and maybe even 2024 (41 yrs old). 

To make matters worse, they only have $5.3M in cap space for 2023 with only 44 players signed. The have 14 players with dead cap over $5M, so this team will have to lose some key contributors and replace them with rookies, UDFAs, and minimum contract vets. They will be worse in 2023 than they are this year and it is fun to watch.

Another hilarious note, the media has been mentioned how the Bears have had the most wins in NFL history forever and that Green Bay is going to pass them, but since then, they just keep losing. 

3 hours ago, adam said:

That was a satisfying Packers loss (now 4-7). At home, in Prime Time, Rodgers folds like a wet noodle in the 4th. He ended up with a 5.8 Y/A and most of his throws were quick throws behind the LOS. His QBR is 40.9, which is also laughable. Him and LaFleur sure don't look like juggernauts when they don't have HoF level receivers. 

The Packers are basically screwed due to Rodgers. His contract is reedonkulous. Dead cap for 2023? 99.7M! LMAO! In 2024? $68M. In 2025? Just 45.4M. So they are stuck with him for at least 2023 and maybe even 2024 (41 yrs old). 

To make matters worse, they only have $5.3M in cap space for 2023 with only 44 players signed. The have 14 players with dead cap over $5M, so this team will have to lose some key contributors and replace them with rookies, UDFAs, and minimum contract vets. They will be worse in 2023 than they are this year and it is fun to watch.

Another hilarious note, the media has been mentioned how the Bears have had the most wins in NFL history forever and that Green Bay is going to pass them, but since then, they just keep losing. 

It is fun to watch.   It wasn't fun earlier at Lambo having the entire stadium singing the Bears still suck.  To think that the a professional team plays that song over their PA system is okay is low class.  

5 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

That is one of the best stadiums in the NFL but I love when they lose. More because of their fans than the team.  Lot of my friends are Packer fans. Love to laugh at 

I wasn't impressed with the bleacher seats, because you felt  crammed.  I do think using bleachers allows you to put more ppl close to the field, which makes home field loud.   Many of the fans I talked to were great and had season tix for 40 or more years.  I still think the song is in poor taste. 

5 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Imagine having two top 20 all time QBs back to back. Packers fans have no idea what it's like to be a regular football team.

Meanwhile, many years we would have begged for just a regular football team.

Now, let's dominate.

Yep, 30 straight years having a HOF caliber QB. Then, back when I was in HS, Bart Starr was the QB for 12 years.

That makes a total of 42 years with a HOF (or future HOF) QB leading the offense.

Makes me sick. LOL

2 hours ago, Pixote said:

Yep, 30 straight years having a HOF caliber QB. Then, back when I was in HS, Bart Starr was the QB for 12 years.

That makes a total of 42 years with a HOF (or future HOF) QB leading the offense.

Makes me sick. LOL

Lucky cheesy bastards lol I cant wait to see them fall back to earth, as we take the north and never give it back!

10 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Imagine having two top 20 all time QBs back to back. Packers fans have no idea what it's like to be a regular football team.

Meanwhile, many years we would have begged for just a regular football team.

Now, let's dominate.

and only winning 2 SB's in the last 30+ years when you are basically going to the playoffs every year. 

Now they get stuck with Rodgers for the next 1-2 years with an immoveable contract that will hamstring them from signing any new free agents. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

and only winning 2 SB's in the last 30+ years when you are basically going to the playoffs every year. 

Now they get stuck with Rodgers for the next 1-2 years with an immoveable contract that will hamstring them from signing any new free agents. 

To be honest, they have been a successful franchise and have won a lot. Being a Bears fan, I would have liked that to. Have two great QBs. All of that has created for me that I like to see them become losers. 

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

To be honest, they have been a successful franchise and have won a lot. Being a Bears fan, I would have liked that to. Have two great QBs. All of that has created for me that I like to see them become losers. 

Oh I know, relative to us for sure. However, just like Seattle and the Legion of Boom. To have that good of a team for that long and to only have 1 SB win to show for it sucks too. Obviously still better than the Bears, but when you have that much potential and lose it sucks. Very similar to the last few good Bears teams.

Our last 3 major opportunities were heartbreaking.

We lost on a double doink and would've easily made it to at least the NFCC with that team. 

How about 2010? We rest starters in Week 17, lose to the Packers 10-3, which allows them to make the playoffs. Then they turn around and beat us in the NFCC because Cutler got hurt. Then they end up winning the SB that year, Rodgers only win. Brutal.

How about 2006 Super Bowl? Benson gets hurt on his 2nd carry. Grossman throws a Pick-6 and the Bears decide to leave Reggie Wayne uncovered for one play. After the Hester runback to open the game, then intercepting Manning on their first drive, that was a heartbreaking loss. 

A weird team has been the Chargers. They have had Brees, Rivers, and now Herbert since 2002. In those 20 seasons with a franchise QB, they have only made the playoffs 7 times (once in last 8 years) and only made it to the Conference Championship once (and lost). They also had Tomlinson for a decade of that team. 

7 hours ago, adam said:

absolutely. they won a lot of games, and looked really good, but in fact, if you have all those HOF QB years and dont win superbowls, it kind of means you suck at everything else. Imagine what Nagy might have looked like with a younger Rogers bailing him out. We might have been fooled into thinking he was a decent coach. This is a real indictment of the Packers organization.

Come on Bears, let's turn the corner and NEVER go back.

The one thing we were always missing was a great QB, IMO we now have one. The trick is to build around him. Poles is transferring our emphasis on O instead of D. The key will be to have both. In 1/2 year of work, I think he knows what to do. Poles first 2 draft picks were D. 

This coming yr will define our future. 

22 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

absolutely. they won a lot of games, and looked really good, but in fact, if you have all those HOF QB years and dont win superbowls, it kind of means you suck at everything else. Imagine what Nagy might have looked like with a younger Rogers bailing him out. We might have been fooled into thinking he was a decent coach. This is a real indictment of the Packers organization.

Come on Bears, let's turn the corner and NEVER go back.

To put this in perspective, if you go back to the beginning of the salary cap era in 1992, if your name isn't Tom Brady, the most any QB has appeared in a Super Bowl with the same team is 3. Otherwise, Peyton Manning has 4 appearances for a career. 

1 hour ago, McGowan said:

To put this in perspective, if you go back to the beginning of the salary cap era in 1992, if your name isn't Tom Brady, the most any QB has appeared in a Super Bowl with the same team is 3. Otherwise, Peyton Manning has 4 appearances for a career. 

It's a fair point, but Tom Brady does exist, and Aaron Rodgers wants to be considered in a similar tier with him. Each will be top 25 all time QBs. And yet for all of Rodgers' productivity he doesn't have the SB appearances that Brady, Montana, Bradshaw etc have. Even Eli Manning has more. Hes a talented but selfish player is my point. Boo Packers - looking forward to seeing them coming back down to earth.

On 11/20/2022 at 12:16 PM, BearFan PHX said:

It's a fair point, but Tom Brady does exist, and Aaron Rodgers wants to be considered in a similar tier with him. Each will be top 25 all time QBs. And yet for all of Rodgers' productivity he doesn't have the SB appearances that Brady, Montana, Bradshaw etc have. Even Eli Manning has more. Hes a talented but selfish player is my point. Boo Packers - looking forward to seeing them coming back down to earth.

You can't really compare pre salary cap with the salary cap era. Pittsburgh and San Francisco would not have been able to keep those teams together. 

Just now, McGowan said:

You can't really compare pre salary cap with the salary cap era. Pittsburgh and San Francisco would not have been able to keep those teams together. 

I'm just saying, Rodgers underachieved. His ranking on all time QBs is higher than his influence on winning games that matter.

8 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I'm just saying, Rodgers underachieved. His ranking on all time QBs is higher than his influence on winning games that matter.

and because he didn't start until he was 26, he probably won't even crack the top 5 in passing yards or even pass Brett Favre for that matter.  I think that is what he is playing for now.

13 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Did Drew Brees underachieve? How about Peyton Manning with Indianapolis? 

Both only won one Super Bowl. 

Peyton Manning was a shell of himself with Denver and was carried by a great defense. 

2 hours ago, McGowan said:

Did Drew Brees underachieve? How about Peyton Manning with Indianapolis? 

Both only won one Super Bowl. 

Peyton Manning was a shell of himself with Denver and was carried by a great defense. 

Yes for sure Manning did. He has a bit of an excuse which is that Brady was in his way in the AFC.

Rodgers is a choke artist when it comes to big games - Im hardly the first person to say it.