Week 17 Official Game Thread CHI at DET, SUN 1/1, 12PM, FOX, DET -6.5, O/U 50

adam

48 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I don't want Adam to take this wrong because he is the biggest contributor on this site but he seems to be the site Dandy downer. I will have to look back, I don't remember him being like that before. I get we have to have a reality check that we are bad, but there is some positives going forward, its just hard to see after getting a beat down. I guess I'm lucky I'm 12 hours ahead and would have to go to a bar at 1 in the morning to watch and choose not to. I choose right.

It's all good. I still think we have our guy, my confidence level is just a little lower. It is really hard to evaluate anything. How do we even know someone like Getsy is a good OC? What have we seen him do that has been outstanding? Ultimately we seem to have more questions than answers in Week 17 than we did in Week 4. So as much as we have seen some nice individual performances, this season has been an utter train wreck collectively. 

Everyone seems to get a free pass but that won't be the case next year. There is a lot to turn around. Poles and company have a lot of work to do. 

They just had their 9th straight loss which is the longest in franchise history. I have seen some bad Bears football in my life but this may be the worst. If they lose next week they will finish with the 2nd worst record in franchise history with one of the worst passing offenses in the Super Bowl era.

Earlier in the year I felt like the Bears were a few players away. Now, it's more like 15. It is a huge hole to dig yourself out of. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, adam said:

It's all good. I still think we have our guy, my confidence level is just a little lower. It is really hard to evaluate anything. How do we even know someone like Getsy is a good OC? What have we seen him do that has been outstanding? Ultimately we seem to have more questions than answers in Week 17 than we did in Week 4. So as much as we have seen some nice individual performances, this season has been an utter train wreck collectively. 

Everyone seems to get a free pass but that won't be the case next year. There is a lot to turn around. Poles and company have a lot of work to do. 

They just had their 9th straight loss which is the longest in franchise history. I have seen some bad Bears football in my life but this may be the worst. If they lose next week they will finish with the 2nd worst record in franchise history with one of the worst passing offenses in the Super Bowl era.

Earlier in the year I felt like the Bears were a few players away. Now, it's more like 15. It is a huge hole to dig yourself out of. 

The Bears were very competitive in most of their losses this year. The last two weeks have been hard to sit through but we are now really starting to see the effects of a depleted roster with 3rd/4th string players starting. 

The absolute worst Bears football I can remember was the last year of Trestman (2014) where they gave up 50+ points in 2 straight games. Then Aaron Kromer threw Cutler under the bus and the season went completely to hell and massive change was instituted 

Bottom line, the nine-game losing streak doesn't bother me in the least. This year was a write off. If we're have the same type of discussion at the end of next season then I will be extremely concerned. 

Peace

1 hour ago, Connorbear said:

Bottom line, the nine-game losing streak doesn't bother me in the least. This year was a write off. If we're have the same type of discussion at the end of next season then I will be extremely concerned. 

Agreed. I would have preferred they win the last four games after the bye but it didn’t happen.  Some here wanted the team to lose and are getting their wish.  So I don’t see the problem (said with a smirk).  

With as many players as the team was without (lost both Jenkins AND Schofield yesterday) and considering how worn down Fields has to be (he ran 100+ yards IN ONE QUARTER, and was injured … again) I’ll be happy if he doesn’t end up with some career ending injury at this point.

He was a bit slow on the reads yesterday I agree.  Not sure if that was a result of bad play calling or bad field reads or the combination of both. But while we watched the game yesterday the wife and I both agreed Fields is the hardest working kid on the team and will do what he needs to get better for next year.  

34 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Agreed. I would have preferred they win the last four games after the bye but it didn’t happen.  Some here wanted the team to lose and are getting their wish.  So I don’t see the problem (said with a smirk).  

With 4 games left, I was one of those that wanted them to lose out. I don't enjoy watching them lose. I just felt losing out gives us a better chance of rebuilding to be a playoff team. 

He was a bit slow on the reads yesterday I agree.  Not sure if that was a result of bad play calling or bad field reads or the combination of both. But while we watched the game yesterday the wife and I both agreed Fields is the hardest working kid on the team and will do what he needs to get better for next year.  

Agreed on Fields. I expect him to put in the effort to improve. Further, I see him really pushing Claypool this offseason.

Peace

On 1/1/2023 at 1:23 PM, Mongo3451 said:

Just saw a clip where Getsy was talking to him and Justin wouldn't look at him.  Don't like it...

Sometimes we don't always know what is right and what is wrong.  If you're telling me something important that I must memorize I will not look at you.  I tend to look down and focus on memorizing the message and I'll tune out all the other noise.  Granted I'm an oddball but I just don't have the same level of  concentration when looking up and around because there too many squirrels running around.    

9 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Sometimes we don't always know what is right and what is wrong.  If you're telling me something important that I must memorize I will not look at you.  I tend to look down and focus on memorizing the message and I'll tune out all the other noise.  Granted I'm an oddball but I just don't have the same level of  concentration when looking up and around because there too many squirrels running around.    

The contact between coaches and players and vice versa is important.  It's a sign or respect and a silent form of communication in and of itself.  You can read a lot through the eyes of someone you are communicating with.

On 1/2/2023 at 9:48 AM, Connorbear said:

Agreed on Fields. I expect him to put in the effort to improve. Further, I see him really pushing Claypool this offseason.

Peace

Evidently there was a moment in last weeks game where Claypool had a bit of meltdown (he was frustrate about something) and Fields was one of the first to come to him and calm him down.

Later Fields was asked about and essentially he said that Claypool is passionate about football and that the two of them were going to work together a lot in the off-season.