Since Its Clear The Bears Have A Top 4 Pick , Who You Got?

lemonej

1 minute ago, killakrzydav said:

trade back twice

I did one mock where I had 4 trade backs and ended up with pick 20 and  8 top 102 picks. Drafted JS-N/WR and Darrel Wright/RT. Siaki Ika/DT,  Dalton Kincaid/TE, Andre Carter ll/DE, Devon Achane/RB, Luke Wypler/OC, Tuli Tuipulotu/DT.

On 1/7/2023 at 2:56 PM, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I would say the Bears can trade down to pick 8 or 10 and gain much more than they lose.

Trade 1 -pick 2 for pick 4, 18, & 2024 1st.

Trade 2-pick 4 for pick 8, 39, & 2024 1st

Big picks - Tyree Wilson DE, Paris Johnson LT, Calijah Kancey 3T, Garvin Dexter 5T, John Micheal Schmitz C.

I regret missing a good WR around 65-70 range.  But 2024, we are not missing out on Harrison

The rest are depth/competition Van Pran is G/C depth.

pff_mock_results.png

Love the trades, but don’t love the draft. That’s 100% the strategy that should be used. 

If you want a tight end - just sign Evan Engram. Overpay a bit and pair him with Kmet. Two safety blankets for Fields. Honestly - and this is anti my usual stance on running backs - I would also look at Saquon. 

Focus draft on lines and a pick at wideout and spend some free agent money there but also use some free agent money on rb and te to give Fields check down options and double down on the strength that is the rushing attack (Saquon and Fields are both explosive). 

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

If you want a tight end - just sign Evan Engram. Overpay a bit and pair him with Kmet. Two safety blankets for Fields. Honestly - and this is anti my usual stance on running backs - I would also look at Saquon. 

Focus draft on lines and a pick at wideout and spend some free agent money there but also use some free agent money on rb and te to give Fields check down options and double down on the strength that is the rushing attack (Saquon and Fields are both explosive). 

I would love Engram. Seems like a perfect compliment to Kmet. What about someone like Pollard? Saquon's injury history would scare me.

20 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

We can definitely splurge somewhere if we want.  As far as a U TE I wonder if Claypool can fill that role.   Engram 6'3". 240lbs,  Claypool 6'4" 240lbs.    We get caught sticking positions on players but in the end what do you need him to do that gives us the advantage against a defense?  With a full offseason Claypool will be much better integrated into the entire offensive scheme.  He'll never be an inline blocker handling a DE in pass protection but neither is Engram.    Can Claypool crack down on the DE for an outside run?   Plus he won't cost us $10mil.   

24 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

We can definitely splurge somewhere if we want.  As far as a U TE I wonder if Claypool can fill that role.   Engram 6'3". 240lbs,  Claypool 6'4" 240lbs.    We get caught sticking positions on players but in the end what do you need him to do that gives us the advantage against a defense?  With a full offseason Claypool will be much better integrated into the entire offensive scheme.  He'll never be an inline blocker handling a DE in pass protection but neither is Engram.    Can Claypool crack down on the DE for an outside run?   Plus he won't cost us $10mil.   

It's been a speculated move ever since we got him.  I'd like to see him as a player that needs schemes inside and out.

RE Engram and others; it's historically been a bad idea to sign skill players to free agent contracts unless the QB is ready to make them a weapon.  Not yet...