I Never Thought I Would Be Weary Of Mock Drafts!

lemonej

I'm still torn on Kancey that early.  That is likely the area he gets drafted too.  My concern is that he ends up being mostly just a pass rusher, which we need, and his run defense will be poor at the NFL level.  For a 1st Rd pick I want a true starter.  Day 2 is solid.  

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I'm still torn on Kancey that early.  That is likely the area he gets drafted too.  My concern is that he ends up being mostly just a pass rusher, which we need, and his run defense will be poor at the NFL level.  For a 1st Rd pick I want a true starter.  Day 2 is solid.  

I almost took Bresee instead. I think he might be the better fit. 

I will say with this bizarro Bears off-season, I have found some sports journalists that I like , I never seen before. Swifty, Adam Rank, Barroom Network, mainly because of Greg Gabriel, that I knew before but never appreciated. Also CHGO sports is growing on me. Karm and Hoge  keep it real. Also I have grown to appreciate some of you guys more. Some are more like minded than I originally thought. 

So an ESPN analyst has this no-trade mock for the Bears. It's awesome, but I dont see all these guys being available where they are picked. Especially Dewand Jones lasting until 61. He'd be a great pick for us.

9  Lukas Van Ness DE
53 Keanu Benton DT
61 Dewand Jones OT
64 Luke Wypler OC
 and more

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/espn-draft-analyst-has-bears-taking-sleeper-defensive-lineman

5 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

So an ESPN analyst has this no-trade mock for the Bears. It's awesome, but I dont see all these guys being available where they are picked. Especially Dewand Jones lasting until 61. He'd be a great pick for us.

9  Lukas Van Ness DE
53 Keanu Benton DT
61 Dewand Jones OT
64 Luke Wypler OC
 and more

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/espn-draft-analyst-has-bears-taking-sleeper-defensive-lineman

I heard this discussed on a podcast. How many huge lineman had a long hearlded career in the NFL? They only came up with one . Huge men have a few good years and their bodies break down. They usually have a problem controlling their weight later in their career. I tend to agree. Jones may be the exception but history is not on his side.

12 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Former Bears QB Eric Kramer joined the TTNL crew for a mock draft last night. They traded down in the first round, and then traded back up in the 2nd round. I think this would be an amazing draft.

ttnlmockdraft.jpg

You got one

11 hours ago, lemonej said:

You got one

lol Kramer got one, I just pasted it here

but the idea that Wright would be there at 15, and Mazi Smith in the second just shows how unreasonable the mock draft sites are. If you find sleepers, it's likely some GM found them too.

BUT I am thrilled we got Wright, and here in the real world there are still players that can help us available. Im sure glad we have Poles. My trust in him is growing daily.

50 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

lol Kramer got one, I just pasted it here

but the idea that Wright would be there at 15, and Mazi Smith in the second just shows how unreasonable the mock draft sites are. If you find sleepers, it's likely some GM found them too.

BUT I am thrilled we got Wright, and here in the real world there are still players that can help us available. Im sure glad we have Poles. My trust in him is growing daily.

I don't think there are sleepers anymore. Sport journalists don't talk about a player, it becomes a sleeper when it never was to a team. They got all stones overturned way before drafts are talked about.

5 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I don't think there are sleepers anymore. Sport journalists don't talk about a player, it becomes a sleeper when it never was to a team. They got all stones overturned way before drafts are talked about.

fair point. especially in the first round

as we go down the list into later rounds, you get to players who have a lot of question marks, and I suppose different teams have different guesses on those questions, so if one team has some excellent insight that most teams lack, I guess that's a sleeper.

Like Braxton Jones? I hope there are still players to find, and this is where the scouting department becomes so critical.

Then again if we knew Jones was gonna be a starter at OLT, maybe we wouldnt have waited until the 5th to take him? Why not the 4th etc? So maybe we really didnt even know when we got him.