I Never Thought I Would Be Weary Of Mock Drafts!

lemonej

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not me. I stayed two or three hours after my wife wanted some meat doing mocks. She was thrilled 😆. I have a million different scenarios mostly trading down three times. Trading out of the first completely with five plus trades. Having six round and six third round picks. Another I had the first round picks in the twenties and snagged the best RB, my favorite tackle (Georgia’s), and the best Guard (Florida’s).
Edge is like the deepest position in the draft and I often double down on both edges and WR. I have thrown a mess load of weapons at Fields including another flex TE and RB.

i think if Poles is willing to Trade down every opportunity it does several things including keeping our rookie pool money low with no first round bites. Many of my drafts have over ten picks in the top three rounds. Game breakers is what I’m after. 

• 2 weeks later...

The PFF Mock Draft Sim is pretty crazy on the trades. I tried just two trade downs, going from 1-4, then 4-8; picked up 35, 44, 79, and 161 in 2023, then a 1st and 2x 3rds in 2024 and tried my best to go BPA throughout, got only two B grade on all picks:

image.png

Two edge players with those high picks and both are more run defenders than pass rushers.  I think we should be taking chance on at least one athletic guy with more pass rush upside.  Also, TDN has Morris ranked 98th overall so I'm guessing PFF has him in the 50s which is a wild swing in evaluation.  I'm ready for some combine data so we can start closing these gaps and get a better feel for how things will play out.  

10 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Two edge players with those high picks and both are more run defenders than pass rushers.  I think we should be taking chance on at least one athletic guy with more pass rush upside.  Also, TDN has Morris ranked 98th overall so I'm guessing PFF has him in the 50s which is a wild swing in evaluation.  I'm ready for some combine data so we can start closing these gaps and get a better feel for how things will play out.  

Yeah, I was pretty much going BPA after the trades.

PFF has shuffled player rankings.  

Made the Houston and Indy trades and would be pretty happy if the Bears ended up with this draft 

At DE, I want someone that can put pressure on the QB and has the frame to add strength.  McDonald has that. Last pick, Jaren Hall reminds me of Patrick Mahomes. 

download-21.png

46 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Made the Houston and Indy trades and would be pretty happy if the Bears ended up with this draft 

At DE, I want someone that can put pressure on the QB and has the frame to add strength.  McDonald has that. Last pick, Jaren Hall reminds me of Patrick Mahomes. 

download-21.png

This would be a home run.

You add a blue chip and a solid player to the DL, you add Schnitz and Mauch to the O Line and you get a first and a third next year that alone makes it a great draft, but you sneak in a serious TE and then add all those other players to find a couple more gems. Really couldnt ask for a better outcome.

I am cynical about whether players will be available at those spots, but if we did this, I'd be ecstatic. I'd probably prefer Anderson over Carter if it fell that way.

1 hour ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

download-21.png

I suspect we draft more than 2 DLs but can't find anything wrong with those players. Maybe more realistic than we know because Free agency comes first and some of those needs will be fixed. The A- is the right grade for that draft.

33 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I suspect we draft more than 2 DLs but can't find anything wrong with those players. Maybe more realistic than we know because Free agency comes first and some of those needs will be fixed. The A- is the right grade for that draft.

I do hope we add a couple vets like DT Payne and DE Ngakoue in FA. 

If Anderson was there instead of Carter, I would have taken him and then DT Mazi Smith in the early 2nd.  

I did dip twice for WR since the FA is not as strong. One is the speedster that compares to Will Fuller  while the other is the bigger Michael Thomas type. 

8 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I do hope we add a couple vets like DT Payne and DE Ngakoue in FA. 

If Anderson was there instead of Carter, I would have taken him and then DT Mazi Smith in the early 2nd.  

I did dip twice for WR since the FA is not as strong. One is the speedster that compares to Will Fuller  while the other is the bigger Michael Thomas type. 

For Washington to become fluid with the cap, all they have to do is cut Wentz. No penalty. 

1. Payne

2. Dremont Jones

3.Jason Hargrove

4. Zack Allen

5. Dalvin Tomilson

6. David Omyemata

7. A'Shawn Robinson

The   first 4 are 3 Ts the rest are NTs.  We can get at least one.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

For Washington to become fluid with the cap, all they have to do is cut Wentz. No penalty. 

1. Payne

2. Dremont Jones

3.Jason Hargrove

4. Zack Allen

5. Dalvin Tomilson

6. David Omyemata

7. A'Shawn Robinson

The   first 4 are 3 Ts the rest are NTs.  We can get at least one.

They still have to pay for a QB somewhere somehow or try to draft one.  Even Hieneke, if they make him the starter, won't come cheap maybe $10mil.  They are in a really bad spot at 16, too far down to trade up.   They might hope Richardson falls to them but he's definitely not ready for snaps this year.   That leaves Carr (seemingly headed to NO), JimmyG, or a trade for Rodgers.  They are stuck in a QB position familiar to Bears fans over the last few decades.  

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

They still have to pay for a QB somewhere somehow or try to draft one.  Even Hieneke, if they make him the starter, won't come cheap maybe $10mil.  They are in a really bad spot at 16, too far down to trade up.   They might hope Richardson falls to them but he's definitely not ready for snaps this year.   That leaves Carr (seemingly headed to NO), JimmyG, or a trade for Rodgers.  They are stuck in a QB position familiar to Bears fans over the last few decades.  

Look at how jacked up NO cal has been for yrs and they still got players signed somehow. If they want to keep him, they will.

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Look at how jacked up NO cal has been for yrs and they still got players signed somehow. If they want to keep him, they will.

We know they want to keep him.  I'm not a cap expert but unless he signs before FA begins they may have to franchise tag him to keep him.  A tag hits available cap if I'm not mistaken.     They have some options on cutting players like Leno.  I couldn't say how that affects their roster (i.e. is there a young player in place to take over as starter) but those are things we can watch for leading up to FA.  

JSN is my favorite choice but don't believe Poles would take him in the first round. Payne is a talent but look who he plays with Sweat, Young , and Allen. Is his production because of the attention he doesn't get? Tremont Jones doesn't have anybody and is productive and will cost 10 mil less.

9 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

JSN is my favorite choice but don't believe Poles would take him in the first round. Payne is a talent but look who he plays with Sweat, Young , and Allen. Is his production because of the attention he doesn't get? Tremont Jones doesn't have anybody and is productive and will cost 10 mil less.

I like Jones as well. I think Payne ends back up in Washington anyway.

6 hours ago, adam said:

One of my favorites, and fairly realistic. One trade down with Indy, still get Anderson, then OT, C, CB, DL, WR, G, HB, and LB.  I stopped at the 5th round.

image.png

I can dig this.  

I am finding some additional 3T/DT that are listed primarily as edge players.  I think that position is a little deeper if you add them. 

6 hours ago, adam said:

One of my favorites, and fairly realistic. One trade down with Indy, still get Anderson, then OT, C, CB, DL, WR, G, HB, and LB.  I stopped at the 5th round.

image.png

After free agency that draft will look totally different. 2 or 3 players brought in will change priority at top of draft. If McGary signs, no Jones pick. If Ethan Pocic signs no JMS. I think a Cody Mauch gets drafted at 54 that can play several positions in case one of Poles signings blows up.