I Never Thought I Would Be Weary Of Mock Drafts!

lemonej

10 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

After free agency that draft will look totally different. 2 or 3 players brought in will change priority at top of draft. If McGary signs, no Jones pick. If Ethan Pocic signs no JMS. I think a Cody Mauch gets drafted at 54 that can play several positions in case one of Poles signings blows up.

Oh for sure, and the combine will shift a bunch of these players.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People I would like to see us draft.

Carter

Anderson

Tyree Wilson

Devon Weatherspoon

Jason Smith Njigba

Lukas Van Ness

Dalton Kincaid

Drew Sanders

Luke Musgrave

Darnell Wright

Cody Mauch

Mazi Smith

Tuli Tuipulototu

Felix Anudike-Uzomah

Derick Hall

Will McDonald

Jaeylin Duncan

Jack Campbell

Steve Avila

Joe Tippman

Nathaniel Dell

Sydney Brown

Adetomiwa Adebawore

My fingers are getting tired, there was a few more.

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

People I would like to see us draft.

Carter

Anderson

Tyree Wilson

Devon Weatherspoon

Jason Smith Njigba

Lukas Van Ness

Dalton Kincaid

Drew Sanders

Luke Musgrave

Darnell Wright

Cody Mauch

Mazi Smith

Tuli Tuipulototu

Felix Anudike-Uzomah

Derick Hall

Will McDonald

Jaeylin Duncan

Jack Campbell

Steve Avila

Joe Tippman

Nathaniel Dell

Sydney Brown

Adetomiwa Adebawore

My fingers are getting tired, there was a few more.

That would be one helluva draft. 

5 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Breesee plays like a Bear.

I honestly dont know why they have Carter rated higher. Since its consensus, I'll assume there is a reason that i am missing, but i dont see Carter winning and finishing like Breesee on tape.

Playing at Georgia, try rotate lineman there plus Carter missed a couple games due injury. His stats weren't great but they tried to run away from him. His traits translate to the NFL. Most people consider him a generational  player. Rarely are those wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

That draft has a lot of juice. Kancey and AA are repetitive gets but who cares, Flus rotates DL 60-40, the more is better. In the mocks I do Wayan Morris/ OT falls between picks 90 to 110, A good spot to grab a OT.

That's the NASCAR package!  😎

42 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Luke Wyper Here's my post combine / pre free agency mock draft.  I didn't get an OT and that is the lone negative.  Not pictured; I also got the Cardinals first next year.Screenshot_20230309_212353_Chrome.jpg

Not that you did anything wrong, but PFF site is bugged and not working right. Players ranked are not getting picked and available rounds later.

Josh Downs 30 rnkd plyer - selected 43

AA ranked 40  -selected 44

Steve Avilla 41 - selected 54

Dalyan Henley 37 - selected 55

Ty Stevenson 45 - selected 64

Luke Wyper 46 - selected 66

And so on.  

Did a double trade down outside the top 10 just to see how it feels.  I actually like the result and this is only a 5 Rd draft.  I kinda like having 4 first round picks in 2024 too.  That might be wishful thinking but ending up with 3 first rd picks is definitely a possibility.  With that we can control back to back NFL drafts. 

I tried to stick with what I think are realistic landing spots for players.  For example Tyjae Spears was still around in the 4th  when I took Chase but I think he'll be gone for sure.  Chase might be gone too as I think he's a 3rd Rd talent, Sydney maybe higher.  I like both of these players and wouldn't mind having twins on our roster.  

Overall I think the first 4 picks are very realistic landing spots for those players.  With that I might not mind trading back outside the top 10.  The last 3 might be realistic landing spots too as they all seem like depth players in the NFL.  You might notice I don't know much about LB prospects because there isn't one in the list.  

image.png

Like all those names, I prefer AA to Kancey. PFN is the one I always use. Had one draft where I ended up with Anderson, Carter and 4 first round draft picks.  Got Tuli Tuipulotu, Steve Avila, A T Perry, Tyler Spears, Luke Schoonmaker , Karl Brooks, Wanya Morris, Jartavius Martin. Dorian Williams. Made about 5 trades and loaded on 50 to 110 picks.

30 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Have you noticed the player rankings and where you drafted them.  PFF needs to fix this because you are getting players rounds later than their slot. 

They are picking other team's based on their expected needs. The best option, which takes some time, is to select ALL the teams and manually pick based on actual BPA and needs. That definitely gets rid of some randomness. I may do that for the top 64 just to see what realistic options will be there at every pick. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

They are picking other team's based on their expected needs. The best option, which takes some time, is to select ALL the teams and manually pick based on actual BPA and needs. That definitely gets rid of some randomness. I may do that for the top 64 just to see what realistic options will be there at every pick. 

I always use PFN, they have a few misplaced  players but have adjusted  their big board several times.

1 hour ago, adam said:

I do PFF almost nightly, illness maybe.   Since I noticed that, I skip players to get back in the range because I want to be realistic as I can.  After the FA wave next week, we can start targeting players.