Welcome DJ Moore, WR1

adam

Moore comes in with 364-5201 yds, 14.3 Y/R, and 21 TDs. That is over 70 receptions and 1K yards per year. 

Pretty cool comp I found, 5 years with original team, then traded, stats with original team:

Diggs 365-4623 yds, 12.7, 30 TD
Moore 364-5201 yds, 14.3, 21 TD

Diggs first year in Buffalo:  127-1535, 12.1, 8 TD, All-Pro1, PB

Diggs has had 3 straight years with 100 catches, no less than 1225 yds and 8 TDs. 

This also makes things easier on Mooney and Claypool. 

He had 1,100+ yards receiving for three years and then almost 900 this past year - with crap QBs throwing to him the whole time.

And he still compares favorably with Diggs? Awesome.

And you're right, someone is gonna be open. Give Fields a pocket, and this is gonna be a tough team to defend. Plus you need to spy Fields. Yikes.

I'm starting to salivate thinking about the coming players on OL and defense.

Lets Go!

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

He had 1,100+ yards receiving for three years and then almost 900 this past year - with crap QBs throwing to him the whole time.

And he still compares favorably with Diggs? Awesome.

And you're right, someone is gonna be open. Give Fields a pocket, and this is gonna be a tough team to defend. Plus you need to spy Fields. Yikes.

I'm starting to salivate thinking about the coming players on OL and defense.

Lets Go!

Wait till we get a bona fide running back to add to the arsenal.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Wait till we get a bona fide running back to add to the arsenal.

The team is molding into it.  Bring in Orlando Brown and a stud DT, then draft bpa and if RB is it, why not? 

I like the 2nd best RB, Gibbs from Alabama.  Him as a late 2nd would be huge.

3 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

The team is molding into it.  Bring in Orlando Brown and a stud DT, then draft bpa and if RB is it, why not? 

We will know in the next two weeks if Monty is coming back. If not it's a draft pick for sure.

5 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I’m thinking we stay cheaper at RT and sign Taylor plus an OC for the same money.   

In the wild rumor world of the Internet is the chatter we have now offered to Washington to swap first round picks in exchange for the rights to Payne.   I don’t know if there is any truth to that whatsoever but it’s an interesting proposition.  Further that would have to be done this weekend.  

4 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I’m thinking we stay cheaper at RT and sign Taylor plus an OC for the same money.   

In the wild rumor world of the Internet is the chatter we have now offered to Washington to swap first round picks in exchange for the rights to Payne.   I don’t know if there is any truth to that whatsoever but it’s an interesting proposition.  Further that would have to be done this weekend.  

I'm good with Taylor.  I think his run rating is not warranted.

10 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

This.  

Suppose we make that trade back with Washington and land at 16 with Daron Payne in hand.   We sign Taylor to anchor the RT spot.   I'm going to assume those are out two big FA deal along with DJ Moore as the 3rd big contract.  A LB is brought in on a 2nd tier deal.  We'd still need one more DT and possibly LG and 2 DE.    I just a did a mock and forced that trade 9 for 16 (no need to force it).   Would you like this draft... 

image.png 

Fields needs to get together, NOW, with Claypool and DJ Moore (and anyone else who would like to join them) to begin working on their timing and chemistry for this coming year. It doesn't have to be a heavy workout to start, but they need to get to the point where they can anticipate each other's moves. No need to wait for summer.

3 minutes ago, Pixote said:

Fields needs to get together, NOW, with Claypool and DJ Moore (and anyone else who would like to join them) to begin working on their timing and chemistry for this coming year. It doesn't have to be a heavy workout to start, but they need to get to the point where they can anticipate each other's moves. No need to wait for summer.

This would be a golden opportunity for Feilds to show his leadership by organizing this.  

22 hours ago, Pixote said:

At the Superbowl Fields said those dates were already scheduled.  I'm sure they'll bring in Moore.  

After watching highlights of Moore there are a couple things about him that standout to me and I think Fields will really like.   

First, he's a WR you can throw open, especially on deep routes, and he adjusts to the ball really well even if he gets completely turned around.  That's really hard to do.  He's not the best high point pass catcher but he's got late hands that help him a lot in tight coverage.  On top of that he seems to have a burst with an extra gear to separate and close on the ball if needed.   I've seen him on routes with DBs that can match his speed, he'll throttle it back just a bit to keep them in his hip pocket until late in the route and then burst to the ball.  That also means if the pass is slightly under-thrown DJ still has a good chance to catch it because of his strength.  All told he creates a wider catch radius down field making him very QB friendly on deep routes.  Not too many WRs in the NFL can do this as well as he does.    At 50s in highlight video from Mayfield.    4:00min from PJ Walker.   Again at 5:40 and you can see Patrick Surtain's frustration after the play.   8:25 you see him adjust to an under-thrown ball and use late hands to secure the TD and another adjustment to a poor pass on the next play.  

He has incredible agility to make boundary catches and keep his feet in.   3:15s.  6:20s and applies to below as well.  8:00

He keeps working late in the play.  Either getting to the second window against a zone defense, or just working to get open.  When combined with the traits above this is going to mesh really well with Fields' ability to extend plays.   The highlight at 4min you can the original play was designed for the underneath route and Moore knew he had double coverage.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdBrmqOSOyI&t=314s

11 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

After watching highlights of Moore there are a couple things about him that standout to me and I think Fields will really like.   

First, he's a WR you can throw open, especially on deep routes, and he adjusts to the ball really well even if he gets completely turned around.  That's really hard to do.  He's not the best high point pass catcher but he's got late hands that help him a lot in tight coverage.  On top of that he seems to have a burst with an extra gear to separate and close on the ball if needed.   I've seen him on routes with DBs that can match his speed, he'll throttle it back just a bit to keep them in his hip pocket until late in the route and then burst to the ball.  That also means if the pass is slightly under-thrown DJ still has a good chance to catch it because of his strength.  All told he creates a wider catch radius down field making him very QB friendly on deep routes.  Not too many WRs in the NFL can do this as well as he does.    At 50s in highlight video from Mayfield.    4:00min from PJ Walker.   Again at 5:40 and you can see Patrick Surtain's frustration after the play.   8:25 you see him adjust to an under-thrown ball and use late hands to secure the TD and another adjustment to a poor pass on the next play.  

He has incredible agility to make boundary catches and keep his feet in.   3:15s.  6:20s and applies to below as well.  8:00

He keeps working late in the play.  Either getting to the second window against a zone defense, or just working to get open.  When combined with the traits above this is going to mesh really well with Fields' ability to extend plays.   The highlight at 4min you can the original play was designed for the underneath route and Moore knew he had double coverage.  

good stuff, thanks for this.

Loved the video, had to bookmark and subscribe to Swift Sports Network. That guy is awesome.

I had done a lot of searches for articles expressing their opinion of the trade. I wanted to make sure my enthusiasm wasn't simply OD'ing on Bears' Kool-Aid. I read one article that tried to downplay the significance of DJ Moore being obtained in the trade. He implied DJ was at best a marginal WR1. After watching this video, I can say with certainty he was full of shit. Must have been a Cheesehead. LOL

As much as I wanted JSN (and still wouldn't object to drafting him - you can never have too many weapons in your arsenal) DJ Moore will give Fields a PROVEN WR1 to take the next step and prove to everyone he is an elite QB.

4 hours ago, AZ54 said:

What I like about him he has been able to adjust to so many bad QBs and still be productive. Some WRs only play well with good QBs.

2 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Let’s go. Best receiving corps since Alshon, Marshall and Marty B. Now let’s get a rb that is dynamic to go with Herbert and make this the best skill position group the Bears have ever seen. 

I don't think they draft a RB high. Doesn't mean they can't draft a starter in the 4 th round. Spears, Evans, Brown or McIntosh.

But I think Monty comes back.