Bears sign Guard Nate Davis

DABEARSDABOMB

23 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I was wondering same thing Pix. Or will they keep Whitehair as a flex option (not cheap). We know he played center earlier in his career too.  Maybe they hold and cut him later (post draft).  But one thing with Jenkins is his durability requires us to have a solid guard.  

At 14 mil, I'm thinking Whitehair is going to have to restructure or get cut.

19 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

3yrs 30M; I wonder if Jenkins is flexing back to RT? 

I wouldnt be surprised.

He is such a wild card - he shows flashes of being a mean SOB, but hes injured so much and was kind of a head case in camp last year. I wouldnt be surprised to see him as a starter at OG, RT or a backup. Anything is possible with this guy, which does not inspire confidence.

I'm loving what weve done so far in free agency. I wanna see something great on the DL. Maybe we are waiting for prices to come down a bit if the ones who are avilalbe are asking too much, or we have several tied on our boards, so we're waiting for the last one at the best price?

5 minutes ago, adam said:

Could also mean Whitehair sliding back in to Center? Seems like a lot of options, but Jenkins health is a question mark.

They definitely are going to cover the possibility of him not being available all the time.  That's why I think they keep Whitehair and Patrick around. Maybe draft someone like Cody Mauch that could play all line spots.

They keep Whitehair as a swing player until they replace him with a Free Agent or Draft Pick. I think it is extremely unlikely that Whitehair is on the team in September. hes just too expensive and there is significant cap savings to be had by cutting him.

One player im still wondering about is Leatherwood. You cant count on him at this point, but he has got to be in the mix in terms of development. If the light comes on for him, he could be very good indeed.