Jalen Carter to visit

ASHKUM BEAR

On 3/16/2023 at 9:12 PM, BearFan PHX said:

well he is cleared in a sense, he already pled no contest and got probation, and 80 hours of community service. In doing this, he cannot be prosecuted for any other crimes related to that day.

We also found out today that he didnt leave the scene of the accident until after the police showed up, and they sppoke to him so he wasnt drunk. after they said he was free to go, he left, and then when they asked him to return two hours later he did.

my issue has nothing to do with any of that, cuz hes clear to play, and i like my 3Ts nasty.

my issue is that he is known to not have a love for the gmae, and his response to this was to get fat and not finish drills rather than to get angry and attack.

I FULLY agree that different people respond to stress and depression differently. I dont judge him as a person., I judge him as a destroyer of the man in front him. when things get tough I want a fighter, not a runner.

This is the quote from BearFan PHX that I was referring to. 

I'll leave it at that. Everyone will have different opinions. To be honest, if I'm Poles, I pray Carter is drafted before pick #9 OR a team drafting lower in the first wants to give up a lovely 2nd rounder to the Bears to move up and draft him.

Problem solved. LOL

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Pixote said:

I'll leave it at that. Everyone will have different opinions. To be honest, if I'm Poles, I pray Carter is drafted before pick #9 OR a team drafting lower in the first wants to give up a lovely 2nd rounder to the Bears to move up and draft him.

Problem solved. LOL

Detroit is going to take him at 6, so no worries.  He will only stomp on Fields hand once and Jenkins will get a 4 game suspension for ripping Carters helmet off.  Carter will then tell the media he now owns the Bears. 

Reportedly he initially told the police he was a mile behind the vehicle that crashed     He later changed that and said he was close enough to see their taillights.  Without knowing the road I couldn’t guess what that means for distance.  

2 hours ago, Pixote said:

Problem solved. LOL

I hope so too!

I had read this in the most recent report I saw. It was new info to me. I couldnt for the life of me find the article now. Who knows? Everything is a smokescreen.

I can say that Todd McShay was reporting that his coaches were saying privately that they question his love for the game. Also, for a guy with such dominant tools, his production wasn't on par with his ability. Watch the National Championship game - he didnt particularly stand out.

I'll take Tyree Wilson or the next best 3T instead.

3 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I hope so too!

I had read this in the most recent report I saw. It was new info to me. I couldnt for the life of me find the article now. Who knows? Everything is a smokescreen.

I can say that Todd McShay was reporting that his coaches were saying privately that they question his love for the game. Also, for a guy with such dominant tools, his production wasn't on par with his ability. Watch the National Championship game - he didnt particularly stand out.

If he lacks the intangibles, Poles ain't picking him at 9 whether there or not.

4 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I hope so too!

Watch it again.  If we hadn't signed Davis I'd gladly take Avila in the 2nd Rd to be our LG of the future.  I think he's a stud and he's very strong but Jalen Carter can walk him straight back into the QB.  

2 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Watch it again.  If we hadn't signed Davis I'd gladly take Avila in the 2nd Rd to be our LG of the future.  I think he's a stud and he's very strong but Jalen Carter can walk him straight back into the QB.  

If he drops no way the bears pass on him. With everything going right for Poles right now, we may end up with him.

5 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Carter is a rare physical specimen, no doubt about it - but his production doesnt match his skills. I dont think he is motivated to get to his full potential. I dont believe in him as the pick.

But this is a timeless kind of question, and good people will see it differently. In a few years we will know whether Carter dominates the NFL or not.

If we take him, Im gonna root my ass off for him, and hope he becomes that game wrecker. That will be fun to watch. He absolutely has it in him to take over the league. But Im not sure he wants it bad enough to work for it.

So I just feel more comfortable with Tyree Wilson with the pick, for example.

I'm not in either category (draft/ don't draft) because this is simply one player where the interviews are incredibly important and there is no way for me to know.   I can say that IMO his on the field performance warrants being drafted at 9.  

3 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I'm not in either category (draft/ don't draft) because this is simply one player where the interviews are incredibly important and there is no way for me to know.   I can say that IMO his on the field performance warrants being drafted at 9.  

that's fair, and I dont know any more than you do.

2 hours ago, AZ54 said:

We both know that if Poles has the option he better make the right decision.  

hahaha yes, and we will both have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight too lol

but to be fair, its his job, and what he does all day, so he better get it right.

I guess what i was saying before is that if he doesnt take Carter, and both Carter and the player Poles drafts both turn out to be excellent players, that's OK too?

3 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

hahaha yes, and we will both have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight too lol

but to be fair, its his job, and what he does all day, so he better get it right.

I guess what i was saying before is that if he doesnt take Carter, and both Carter and the player Poles drafts both turn out to be excellent players, that's OK too?

100%.  Given the risk with Carter I’d say the alternate player wouldn’t have to hit elite level of play but reaching a few Pro Bowls is still expected of a player in the top ten.  Get that while avoiding the risk Carter has and I’m ok.

The odd thing is Poles  already walked away from Carter when he dropped out of the top 4.  It’s Carter who fell back into the discussion.  

11 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

100%.  Given the risk with Carter I’d say the alternate player wouldn’t have to hit elite level of play but reaching a few Pro Bowls is still expected of a player in the top ten.  Get that while avoiding the risk Carter has and I’m ok.

The odd thing is Poles  already walked away from Carter when he dropped out of the top 4.  It’s Carter who fell back into the discussion.  

good points. Eddie Goldman is a good reminder of what players that arent committed can become.

The thing is, at some point, taking Carter becomes a no brainer - but where is that? pick 20? 2nd round? pick 8? lol

I think Poles knew we couldn't let another year go by without getting Justin help. Added 2 quality WRs by trades. He needed to do that. Taking a WR in the draft has a growth period he wasn't willing to wait for. Has 2 TEs, 3 WRs, and possibly a better running game to go with. 

He added one quality OG with the plan to move Whitehair all along. Having 4 spots figured out. The outlier was McG  at RT but the price was to high. I think this week he signs another OL , someone like a Cameron Fleming. Then draft a OT.  Also could grab another OG and move Jenkins to RT. He has options.

• 2 weeks later...

Carter is visiting the Bears today. He’s also apparently declining to visit any team outside the top ten. 

Wondering how people feel about Calijah Kancey from Pitt if Jalen Carter is either gone before 9 or the Bears aren’t comfortable with him for whatever reason. I can’t get a hold on Kancey’s value in the draft - I’ve seen top ten, I’ve seen mid first, I’ve seen late first, I’ve even seen second round.  He’s undersized but seems like a perfect disruptive 3T, which Eberflus keeps saying is needed in his defense and remains unaddressed. The Aaron Donald comps are simultaneously unfair, intriguing, and probably misleading. How would you feel about him at 9? How far would you be willing to trade down and still think you could get him? Do you not want him at all?

56 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Carter is visiting the Bears today. He’s also apparently declining to visit any team outside the top ten. 

Wondering how people feel about Calijah Kancey from Pitt if Jalen Carter is either gone before 9 or the Bears aren’t comfortable with him for whatever reason. I can’t get a hold on Kancey’s value in the draft - I’ve seen top ten, I’ve seen mid first, I’ve seen late first, I’ve even seen second round.  He’s undersized but seems like a perfect disruptive 3T, which Eberflus keeps saying is needed in his defense and remains unaddressed. The Aaron Donald comps are simultaneously unfair, intriguing, and probably misleading. How would you feel about him at 9? How far would you be willing to trade down and still think you could get him? Do you not want him at all?

Id love him at 15 - but everything you said here is right on.

29 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

I think he would be too big of a risk at 9 due to his size, but if we can take him round 2 I would be for it.

23 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Id love him at 15 - but everything you said here is right on.

Yeah, I’m so torn on him. I get the Aaron Donald comparisons, but also can’t help thinking of Sheldon Rankins, which was kind of the first undersized “next Aaron Donald” who the Saints took early in the first and never panned out and even he had 25 pounds on Kancey. 

3 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Yeah, I’m so torn on him. I get the Aaron Donald comparisons, but also can’t help thinking of Sheldon Rankins, which was kind of the first undersized “next Aaron Donald” who the Saints took early in the first and never panned out and even he had 25 pounds on Kancey. 

I guess we have to trust our talent evaluation guys to get it right. Certainly Eberflus will have a strong and educated opinion on what will work for him there.

24 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

This is going to sound goofy, but he's one of those skinny ankle guys.  I don't trust them to hold up.  If you look at Donald as a comparison, Donald has Fred Flintstone ankles.  Another skinny ankle dude is Terron Armstead.  Yeah he's really good, but also gets hurt a lot.

41 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

This is going to sound goofy, but he's one of those skinny ankle guys.  I don't trust them to hold up.  If you look at Donald as a comparison, Donald has Fred Flintstone ankles.  Another skinny ankle dude is Terron Armstead.  Yeah he's really good, but also gets hurt a lot.

Didn't know that, clearly would matter if taken in the top. 10. 

Jalen Carter is making a second visit to the bears. If he's available, they will take him. Getting the top rated player  in the draft at 9 is huge . Of course there's risk but I trust Poles to make the right call.

Carter wont even visit teams out of the top ten. He does not sound like a team player to me at all. He may have a few good seasons, but I see Roquan Smith and Eddie Goldman written all over him.

2 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Carter wont even visit teams out of the top ten. He does not sound like a team player to me at all. He may have a few good seasons, but I see Roquan Smith and Eddie Goldman written all over him.

Yeah you might think he’d want someone to trade up for him.