Jalen Carter to visit

ASHKUM BEAR

Tony Pauline is usually pretty plugged in, so note what he said in his recent update of his Big Board on Kancey:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/paulines-big-board-top-players-2023-nfl-draft/

Defensive Line

I have Calijah Kancey graded as a second-round pick, but I can attest to the fact some teams have a first-round grade on the Pitt junior. The big issue is that Kancey is a scheme-specific prospect as a one-gap 3-technique tackle. Teams running that sort of system believe Kancey is a top-60 prospect. Otherwise, I’ve been getting third and fourth-round grades on 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

Yeah you might think he’d want someone to trade up for him. 

right - its like he doesnt understand the strategy, and hes operating on ego.

Then again Drew Rosenhaus is his agent, so wtf do I know about what is a smart strategy for him.

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Carter wont even visit teams out of the top ten. He does not sound like a team player to me at all. He may have a few good seasons, but I see Roquan Smith and Eddie Goldman written all over him.

Let him kick butt for 4 years on his rookie deal, making the pro bowl four times, then while he is still a hot commodity (and before he flames out) trade him for two 1sts. 🤣

3 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Carter wont even visit teams out of the top ten. He does not sound like a team player to me at all. He may have a few good seasons, but I see Roquan Smith and Eddie Goldman written all over him.

I'm sure that's agent talk. If Poles is taking 2 interviews , there must be some thought to want to pick him. I trust them to make the right decision. Hard work and loving football are important. If they don't see that, they won't draft him. 

57 minutes ago, Pixote said:

Let him kick butt for 4 years on his rookie deal, making the pro bowl four times, then while he is still a hot commodity (and before he flames out) trade him for two 1sts. 🤣

If I knew that's what he'd do, Id strongly consider it. But i think this guy is gonna flame out or quit on the team. Or there's a good chance he will.

I wonder if Washington might want him and be willing to part with Payne in a trade for 9 and 15 (and wed have to add something I'm sure), or maybe Ten and their young 3T etc.

Poles has more options than it may seem with that #9.

1 minute ago, Stinger226 said:

I'm sure that's agent talk. If Poles is taking 2 interviews , there must be some thought to want to pick him. I trust them to make the right decision. Hard work and loving football are important. If they don't see that, they won't draft him. 

i think if they are gonna pass on him they want to be SURE. So it goes both ways, and its hard to read what it means other than they want to be sure.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I would say that 2 visits means they are thinking about it and want to get more info to solidify that decision. If he had a bad attitude or bad work ethics they wouldn't bother with another visit.

Smokescreen   they could have made their decision to remove him from their board or move him way down    if you have a team behind  you that you think might really want Carter then to get them to trade up they have to think he is a target for you  or the teams who pick in between   carter and one of the QBs are the most likely bait for a team to trade up to 9     

5 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Smokescreen   they could have made their decision to remove him from their board or move him way down    if you have a team behind  you that you think might really want Carter then to get them to trade up they have to think he is a target for you  or the teams who pick in between   carter and one of the QBs are the most likely bait for a team to trade up to 9     

so true. it is impossible to read anyone's mind this time of year. the same data supports totally opposite outcomes.

Poles is doing well.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see a team drafting in round one lower than slot nine fall in love with Carter and offer us a trade to draft him (assuming he is still there at #9). Poles has shown enough interest in Carter with his pre-draft visits to make any team wanting to draft him concerned.

I know it is a wild theory but could this be a smokescreen by Poles to bait a team to trade with us to draft Carter if he falls to #9?

1 hour ago, Pixote said:

I'd love to see a team drafting in round one lower than slot nine fall in love with Carter and offer us a trade to draft him (assuming he is still there at #9). Poles has shown enough interest in Carter with his pre-draft visits to make any team wanting to draft him concerned.

I know it is a wild theory but could this be a smokescreen by Poles to bait a team to trade with us to draft Carter if he falls to #9?

Could be. If Pole is planning to move down, I hope not much.  They need a blue-chipper who can anchor a high value position for many years. 

Right now 2 out 3 rumors are bogus, hard to say what is real. If Carter's intangibles are good, we're drafting him. That's a win win to get the top rated player in the draft at 9. (arguably). Valuable traits for Poles are hard working and love football, if that's not clear from his interviews, we ain't drafting him.