Current Roster

adam

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously we could use upgrades, IMO, RT and DT are the spots we fill that is the floor of being able to get by with. Close third is Edge. With 4 top 64 picks, I think we fill all all neediest spots.

I think another CB will be brought in but I think we can get by with current personnel.

Just now, Stinger226 said:

Obviously we could use upgrades, IMO, RT and DT are the spots we fill that is the floor of being able to get by with. Close third is Edge. With 4 top 64 picks, I think we fill all all neediest spots.

I think another CB will be brought in but I think we can get by with current personnel.

I agree. In terms of the roster, we need RT and 3T most. But if youre picking a Tackle at pick #9, youre probably getting a LT for that price. And that could leave Jones who is more finesse than power out of position, and us still needing a RT. That's why i say dont sleep on 3T. But if it isnt Carter, pick 9 might be a little early for Kancey, and does Bresee really even fit our scheme?

So then you look at a pass rusher, and youve taken a BPA, added to your pass rush, but you STILL have a hole at RT and 3T.

It's a riddle for sure. I wonder if we might make a trade for a player to move down too.

I totally thinks he trades back 3-10 spots, unless Carter or Wilson drop to 9. Anywhere from an extra early 2 nd or 3 rd round. Gives us an extra  40 to 64 pick. 

If we drop 10 spots (TB) , in that range Kancey or Warren comes into play. Maybe Lucas Van Ness is still around. Then 4_more picks in top 64 players. We fill every hole we have left with even a CB throw in the mix.

Using Dane Buglers top 100

19- Warren- RT

50-J M Schmitz- OC

53-Tuli Tuipulotu- edge

61-A Adwbawore-3T

64-Julius Brents- CB

6 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I totally thinks he trades back 3-10 spots, unless Carter or Wilson drop to 9. Anywhere from an extra early 2 nd or 3 rd round. Gives us an extra  40 to 64 pick. 

If we drop 10 spots (TB) , in that range Kancey or Warren comes into play. Maybe Lucas Van Ness is still around. Then 4_more picks in top 64 players. We fill every hole we have left with even a CB throw in the mix.

Using Dane Buglers top 100

19- Warren- RT

50-J M Schmitz- OC

53-Tuli Tuipulotu- edge

61-A Adwbawore-3T

64-Julius Brents- CB

That would be amazing!  The two edge guys you drafted also can play 3T, which makes for a nice NASCAR package on passing downs.

9 hours ago, dawhizz said:

Sharing this because Teven used this tweet to reply to someone asking where he was going to play next year - so Jenkins at LG and Davis at RG. 

Ok by me.  I thought they’d keep Tev  on the right side.  Maybe they prefer Davis’ experience on the right next to a rookie?   

Since Jenkins have been with the Bears he practiced at LT, then RT, got switched to RG. I don't think it matters much to him about where he plays. He's never outwardly complained about switching anytime  Like AZ stated Davis is the vet and next to a rookie would work the best.

8 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Since Jenkins have been with the Bears he practiced at LT, then RT, got switched to RG. I don't think it matters much to him about where he plays. He's never outwardly complained about switching anytime  Like AZ stated Davis is the vet and next to a rookie would work the best.

With Jenkins being better at pass pro, that will solidify that half of the line.  If we pan out a good C and RT our OL could be a plus.

There are a few plug and play OCs in this draft. Not sure we will grab one of them with a high pick. I think we are more likely to take one at pick 103 , OO, Stromberg, Scruggs. I do think we are in play to take Mauch with a second round pick. Who literally can play every OL spot. Which would start at RT or OC. I can see Poles doing that to add attitude and flexibility for the OL. Then take a OT in the 3 rd round ( Freeland) that might not be ready to start early. The first 4 picks would be2 OL and  2 DL. I think a perfect scenario.

49 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

There are a few plug and play OCs in this draft. Not sure we will grab one of them with a high pick. I think we are more likely to take one at pick 103 , OO, Stromberg, Scruggs. I do think we are in play to take Mauch with a second round pick. Who literally can play every OL spot. Which would start at RT or OC. I can see Poles doing that to add attitude and flexibility for the OL. Then take a OT in the 3 rd round ( Freeland) that might not be ready to start early. The first 4 picks would be2 OL and  2 DL. I think a perfect scenario.

Stomberg is my sleeper pick at C.  He scores pretty high in IQ, nastiness, and movement.  His 3 cone, verticle, broadjump, and shuttle rank up towards the top. I like Wypler bc of OSU and then Stomberg. Freeland is also in the wheelhouse if we trade down and pass on Johnson/Jones to go DT.  He is also an athletic freak putting up WR/TE agility. 

16 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I guess Doug Kramer is kind of the X factor at OC. He was on IR all last year but when Patrick first went down, Kramer played over Mustipher.  Do they still like him? Was he able to bulk up a bit, which made people thought  he would need to do in the NFL? If so, he’s always seemed to have the mental make-up, so maybe he’s more ready to compete for starter reps than a day two or three rookie would be. We certainly don’t need another body at OC if we are keeping Whitehair, Patrick, and Kramer for now (and at least one of them is probably getting cut). Maybe you get a day 3 OL who can play both OC and OG just to hedge your bets. 

1 hour ago, dawhizz said:

I guess Doug Kramer is kind of the X factor at OC. He was on IR all last year but when Patrick first went down, Kramer played over Mustipher.  Do they still like him? Was he able to bulk up a bit, which made people thought  he would need to do in the NFL? If so, he’s always seemed to have the mental make-up, so maybe he’s more ready to compete for starter reps than a day two or three rookie would be. We certainly don’t need another body at OC if we are keeping Whitehair, Patrick, and Kramer for now (and at least one of them is probably getting cut). Maybe you get a day 3 OL who can play both OC and OG just to hedge your bets. 

That's why I think taking Mauch in the second would be ideal. He can play all 5 spots on the line. Draft a OT later them let them fight over right tackle spot. 

28 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

That's why I think taking Mauch in the second would be ideal. He can play all 5 spots on the line. Draft a OT later them let them fight over right tackle spot. 

and Mauch is NASTY too

5 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I don't think Mauch is an OT in the NFL.  He might be able to play some snaps there to get you out of a game in the same way Borom can.   While he's nasty he doesn't have anywhere close to the movement skills Skoronski has.   Very few are talking about Skor as an OT although some team may try him out there just to see if he can break the mold   

16 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

I don't think Mauch is an OT in the NFL.  He might be able to play some snaps there to get you out of a game in the same way Borom can.   While he's nasty he doesn't have anywhere close to the movement skills Skoronski has.   Very few are talking about Skor as an OT although some team may try him out there just to see if he can break the mold   

I was thinking RT of course. Mauch is not an NFL LT for sure, and maybe youre right about RT too

My favorite take would PJJ-BJ-Wright-Harrison for a OT. They would all start the first year.

I would love Mauch as our future OC. His attitude and physicality would fit in with Davis and Jenkins.

I listened to an interview of Jim Nagy  from the senior Bowl and said Mauch was clearly the best OL there. He said he rarely sees that kind of physicality .

16 hours ago, AZ54 said:

The rare ones can break the mold.  Mike Tyson had the shortest arms ever for a heavyweight champ in a sport that values it the most.

3 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

The rare ones can break the mold.  Mike Tyson had the shortest arms ever for a heavyweight champ in a sport that values it the most.

Sure but do you think Mauch is a rare talent at OT?  I'm not seeing that anywhere.   I can see us drafting him but IMO it would be to play OC, where I would welcome his attitude not to mention his ability to actually block people.    

4 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Sure but do you think Mauch is a rare talent at OT?  I'm not seeing that anywhere.   I can see us drafting him but IMO it would be to play OC, where I would welcome his attitude not to mention his ability to actually block people.    

I was referring to Skoronski.

4 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I was referring to Skoronski.

For him I agree and if this were us drafting last year I'd have easily advocated for drafting him and trying him out at OT first.  If it didn't work we'd have plenty of spots inside for him too.  This year with such a singular need at RT that seems too risky.