Current Roster

adam

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

the numbers say no, but the heart says yes - so mayhe we get a Rudy situation lol

Sanborn wasnt even drafted last year...

At that point in the draft, what does it even matter.  We had players signing to UDFA and hoping their name wasn't selected.  Bell has a lot to prove and he might surprise us.  If he doesn't, are we going to call out Poles? No.  If Bell shines great, if not he can develop on the PS. If he is taken, then we better have 4 studs in front of Him that say he won't be missed

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

At that point in the draft, what does it even matter.  We had players signing to UDFA and hoping their name wasn't selected.  Bell has a lot to prove and he might surprise us.  If he doesn't, are we going to call out Poles? No.  If Bell shines great, if not he can develop on the PS. If he is taken, then we better have 4 studs in front of Him that say he won't be missed

Last years 7 th rounder actually got playing time, Elijah Hicks. The difference with Bell is we supposedly drafted 2 3 Ts already and Poles gushed over Bell. Seems a little odd but he must expect to have him to contribute at some point in time. I think Poles likes finding sleepers. ( Braxton Jones). A 7 th rounder always has to contribute on STs. It will be interesting to see what he turns into.

25 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

The difference with Bell is we supposedly drafted 2 3 Ts already and Poles gushed over Bell. Seems a little odd but he must expect to have him to contribute at some point in time.

Both Flus and Poles said that Bell was their favorite interview, so the kid has some charisma and/or leadership traits.  With the two highly drafted guys playing that same position, his value may be as the camp "teachers pet". (The guy that will be the example and also take the ass chewing that the other two need)  Bell may never see the playing field and possibly be a silent reason others are successful.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Both Flus and Poles said that Bell was their favorite interview, so the kid has some charisma and/or leadership traits.  With the two highly drafted guys playing that same position, his value may be as the camp "teachers pet". (The guy that will be the example and also take the ass chewing that the other two need)  Bell may never see the playing field and possibly be a silent reason others are successful.

I like everything you said. Pushing the players in front of him and high work ethic and motor. Probably a practice squad guy unless there are injuries. I watched some tape of him and he constantly got push and major effort but didnt stand out to me. 

3 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Who is our backup OT?   I can't imagine anybody on this board believes it will be, or rather should be,  Leatherwood or Borom.  

They will pick up a vet, right now it's those two and Keller Diesch. Swing tackle will be  a very important add.

7 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

We signed an UDFA to the roster that tried out. DeAnglo Jones from Houston.

D'Anthony Jones 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/danthony-jones-1.html?utm_medium=linker&utm_source=www.profootballrumors.com&utm_campaign=2023-05-07_cfb

This dude does not lack confidence.  This is a really long interview with DA talking about DA for the most part.  If you catch 1min of it you can just multiply that by 50 to know what the rest of the video is like.  I got a feeling coaches are going to set him up early against someone like Wright to see if he can be humbled a little bit.  As UDFAs go I want someone like this who will come in and fight for a spot.    

Poles keeps throwing darts at the board, some will surprise us like Jack Sanborn and most will fade away. This is way GMs build the roster over a period of time. If we can get a few roster spots filled from UDFAs that's a win. 5 from 2022 are still on the roster with Sanborn was the prize. Jaylon Jones, Jack Tonges, and A J Thomas got reps last year.