NFL Draft Day 2 thread

ASHKUM BEAR

Poles aced the first round.  He received massive compensation for pick 1, Bryce Young QB.

Darnell Wright RT

DJ Moore WR #1

2024 1st round pick

2023 2nd Rd pick 

2025 2nd Rd pick

2024 4th Rd pick

Now comes Day 2 and who can we target? Some positions of need/upgrade. Feel free to add.

Tonight will be even more exciting as a new Bears team is morphing with talent that we have missed out on for many years by giving away the tokens needed to build a long term winning team.

D-Line

Keion White

Keeanu Benton

Tuli Tuipulotu

Ade Adebawore

Edge

Derrik Hall

Isiah Foskey

BJ Ojulari

Andre Carter

Center -G

Cody Mauch

Joe Tippmann

John Michael Schmitz

Luke Wypler

OCyrus Torrence

Joey Porter

Cam Smith

Clark Phillips

Tyrique Stevenson

Kelee Ringo

DJ Turner

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id love to see Mauch today, but we NEED a 3T and pass rushers. I doubt we will get all our needs covered today, but Poles has been doing well.

If we trade up early I think it has to be for a DL. And then if Mauch falls a bit and we can go up and grab him, that'd be great too.

The thing to be careful of, and Poles has been good about this, is not paying too much to fill a hole and then being stuck with that guy when next year offers other better options. This is especially dangerous in free agency, since rookie contracts can easily be eaten. But you dont want to package too many picks to move up for a guy at 3T if you dont think he will be your best choice next year too. Thats what 1 year free agency deals are for this time of year.

I trust Poles - hes shown he understands this, so Im just looking forward to what he does today.

Maybe he will surprise us with Porter the CB. That'd be ok too.

30 minutes ago, Pixote said:

I have to believe it would be an expensive move up to pick 32. Who do you think they would target?

QB Will Levis has to be who the Steelers are trying to sell.  I am sure he is feeling out the price to get Keion White, who I believe, imo, is a better scheme fit. 

3 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Poles was pretty clear that he might have to move up to get someone.  I'm curious who that might be.  Keion White or Keeanu Benton are the only players I can think of.  

I think they're several edge players left but only a few 3 T s there.  Tuli, White and AA. He'll target the 3 T. 

I think 2 dlinemen and a center, but definitely could see a db and I could see them maybe moving back and grabbing an extra 3rd with one of those 3 day 2 picks.

Note: I have seen some rumors they are talking about jumping to 32. I would be pissed. No one I would give up a bunch of talent for to get up their. No thank you Poles. 

Looking at the pick value chart, it would have to be something like 32 + 80 for 53, 61, and 103, unless future picks are involved. 

I think it’s more likely they have a group of players they like and maybe they move up ten or so sports using the 4th they got from the Eagles trade to move up once it looks like those numbers are dwindling. 

2 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I think 2 dlinemen and a center, but definitely could see a db and I could see them maybe moving back and grabbing an extra 3rd with one of those 3 day 2 picks.

Note: I have seen some rumors they are talking about jumping to 32. I would be pissed. No one I would give up a bunch of talent for to get up their. No thank you Poles. 

That's just a sports journalist rumor. Poles is smarter than that but may move a few spots to get someone. (A lot cheaper)