Anything comments

Stinger226

11 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Not sure what you're trying to read into his comments. So laidback means he's thinks he's a bad coach? No one asked him to break down his coaching skills. Take it for face value, everything doesn't have secret meanings. Other videos he has given avid support for Flus, it's just what he thinks. Him liking him doesn't mean he's a good or bad coach , that will be judge by his success this year.

You run your team by giving guys lots of extra chances and hugs and being just golly gee guys, lets try better next year. Ya never know, it could work. were not all experts, its just your opinion blah blah blah

I'll run mine with accountability and discipline, as a meritocracy, and we'll see who wins.

This is football. If the first thing your players think about you - FIRST THING - is "laid back" then you suck as a coach. He could have said "strategist" or "givers great pointers" or anything.

laid back. sheesh.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BearFan PHX said:

You run your team by giving guys lots of extra chances and hugs and being just golly gee guys, lets try better next year. Ya never know, it could work. were not all experts, its just your opinion blah blah blah

I'll run mine with accountability and discipline, as a meritocracy, and we'll see who wins.

This is football. If the first thing your players think about you - FIRST THING - is "laid back" then you suck as a coach. He could have said "strategist" or "givers great pointers" or anything.

laid back. sheesh.

No matter what points you wish to make, Poles kept Flus, dislike him all you like, he's not going anywhere. I would have liked to see Harbaugh come here but I'm okay with Flus because my opinion changes nothing. I want him to be successful, so I'm going to support him. 

On 2/11/2024 at 1:43 PM, Alaskan Grizzly said:

JSN and Chris Olave talk Waldron, Fields and MHJ.  

Fun take by a couple of old JF teammates. When jsn says if JF gets traded, good for JF has me baffled.  Kind of like CW hinting earlier that Chi wasn't a preference even though he has said he'd play for whoever drafts him. 

So I didn't finish my thought... I am baffled by why players don't see Chicago as a destination for QBs. Is it coaching? (many coaches over the years) personal? (not always having the great oline and weapons) or the atmosphere? (weather, media, and fans)

Seems there is something holding our beloved back from having a great at the position

59 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

So here's DJ Moore doing rapid fire word association for teammates.

When it comes to Matt Eberflus, DJ says "laid back"

Ugh. He's not secretly a maniac away from cameras about HITS. They like him because hes laid back.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-q2bSlIfTFg

Every piece of film on Flus has shown he is laid back. That is not a bad characteristic as long as you can put players in position to win.  He has one more year to show he can add more wins and get the team to the playoffs or he may be looking for a new gig.  

To think if the Bears had gone after Andy Reid instead of Trestman, they could have 2 or 3 more SB wins and be considered one of the winningest franchises once again. How is Reid percieved...."Chiefs credit 'relaxed, rock-solid' coach Andy Reid for leading the way." So if Moore said "relaxed", I'm sure that would be a flag too. 

29 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Fun take by a couple of old JF teammates. When jsn says if JF gets traded, good for JF has me baffled.  Kind of like CW hinting earlier that Chi wasn't a preference even though he has said he'd play for whoever drafts him.

Olave was very well spoken and has his head screwed on straight. I loved hearing him talk. I'd feel very comfortable with him as a Bear for sure.

5 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Every piece of film on Flus has shown he is laid back. That is not a bad characteristic as long as you can put players in position to win.  He has one more year to show he can add more wins and get the team to the playoffs or he may be looking for a new gig.  

To think if the Bears had gone after Andy Reid instead of Trestman, they could have 2 or 3 more SB wins and be considered one of the winningest franchises once again. How is Reid percieved...."Chiefs credit 'relaxed, rock-solid' coach Andy Reid for leading the way." So if Moore said "relaxed", I'm sure that would be a flag too. 

i think Andy Reid is a pretty demanding coach. Im not saying a guy has to yell. sometimes they have that style, but either way they have to be able to motivate guys. To interact with a player in such a way that the payer is better because of it.

it cant just be being relaxed. There has to be some intensity to it somewhere in some way. And for a guy who came to town selling HITS philosophy, it seems like a mismatch.

As for putting players in position to win, we've seen the situational errors, and the too safe. we saw him literally lose three games he statistically should have won. Thats not just being neutral, it's actually putting your players in a worse position to win.

But the decision has been made, and I like the coaches around him. So that shouldnt be the end of the world, if they can correct him when he needs it. But its a lost opportunity in my view to get someone who is a positive.

As long as we take a QB that turns out to be excellent, we will be OK. That's really what matters most.

I sure hope we get that right. If we do, we are on the precipice of a new unknown era for Bears football, and that will be extremely exciting. And if not, then we go back to where weve been for the past 35+ years.

I have hope! If we draft the right guy, I have real hope!

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

No matter what points you wish to make, Poles kept Flus, dislike him all you like, he's not going anywhere. I would have liked to see Harbaugh come here but I'm okay with Flus because my opinion changes nothing. I want him to be successful, so I'm going to support him. 

So why should anything be discussed here?  After all, Poles is going to pick the draft choices he wants, the coaches he wants etc.  I guess that means there is no need for you to keep bleating on about Fields right?  

1 minute ago, BearFan PHX said:

As long as we take a QB that turns out to be excellent, we will be OK. That's really what matters most.

I sure hope we get that right.

I see what matter most is coaching and Reid, who may be relaxed, has a brilliant offensive mind. Unlike Flus, who has a good defensive mind.  Fingers crossed that Waldron has that brilliant offensive mind so the Bears can get the most from the QB and offense. The best QB will struggle to get there without a coach who can scheme and make the right calls.  

55 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I see what matter most is coaching and Reid, who may be relaxed, has a brilliant offensive mind. Unlike Flus, who has a good defensive mind.  Fingers crossed that Waldron has that brilliant offensive mind so the Bears can get the most from the QB and offense. The best QB will struggle to get there without a coach who can scheme and make the right calls.  

well ^5 to that for sure

3 hours ago, Daventry said:

So why should anything be discussed here?  After all, Poles is going to pick the draft choices he wants, the coaches he wants etc.  I guess that means there is no need for you to keep bleating on about Fields right?  

Lots of things to discuss,  but Flus is our coach, there's  no longer  anything to discuss. What does constantly slamming him do? As far as Fields goes, I've been clear on my opinion on Fields, I have never stated ( he's our guy, he can do no wrong) but I understand why Poles might bring him back. Not sure why that bothers you. 

7 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Lots of things to discuss,  but Flus is our coach, there's  no longer  anything to discuss. What does constantly slamming him do? As far as Fields goes, I've been clear on my opinion on Fields, I have never stated ( he's our guy, he can do no wrong) but I understand why Poles might bring him back. Not sure why that bothers you. 

Not everyone shares the idea that there is nothing to discuss if a decision has been made.  Your fanboy views of Fields are very clear, and are expressed directly or indirectly constantly.  Ad nauseum.

7 hours ago, Daventry said:

Not everyone shares the idea that there is nothing to discuss if a decision has been made.  Your fanboy views of Fields are very clear, and are expressed directly or indirectly constantly.  Ad nauseum.

When Fields constantly gets bashed on here, ( Ad nauseum) but that's okay because that is just having an opinion? This is very simple, don't read my posts and you won't have to keep getting your panties in an uproar. Life is good.

15 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

When Fields constantly gets bashed on here, ( Ad nauseum) but that's okay because that is just having an opinion? This is very simple, don't read my posts and you won't have to keep getting your panties in an uproar. Life is good.

I get bored with replying to you, I would have thought you might start to pay attention to the several people who have commented about your silliness but you just keep on beating that dead horse.  If this site had an ignore button, I would have pushed it months ago.  Your arrogance is only bettered by your ignorance.  

2 hours ago, Daventry said:

I get bored with replying to you, I would have thought you might start to pay attention to the several people who have commented about your silliness but you just keep on beating that dead horse.  If this site had an ignore button, I would have pushed it months ago.  Your arrogance is only bettered by your ignorance.  

it DOES have an ignore button! I found it a few weeks ago. Since then I only see him in quoted responses, or occasionally when I choose to open a post for context.

Just find your own screenname at the very top right of this (or any) window, and click on it to reveal the menu. At the bottom of the menu is "Ignored Users" then just enter "Stinger226", and life gets much better.

I seriously cant believe how fighty the guy is. Constantly. With pretty much everyone. The nasty comments, like "dont get your panties in a bunch" and all sorts of really disrespectful stuff because you dont love Justin or whatever.

He's a fake alpha, and that's the worst.

But whereas the rest of us seem to be mostly arguing about what the Bears should do, he seems to be more interested in who was right, and covering his rhetorical butt so that whatever happens he wasnt wrong. And if you start following it, the pattern is really clear and pathetic.

But most of the kind of stuff he says now wasnt what provoked that response from me. He had become emboldened over the year to speak really poorly to me, because I had been being polite and not fighting back. Then when I had enough, I told him it was enough, and then he doubled down, and that why I had to whoop his butt, which completely destroyed him rhetorically, because his arguments are really dumb and weak, but I also made myself look really bad in the process.

I sent an apologetic note to Pix about it, and since then, Im not looking to fight with anyone.

In fact I will still apologize to anyone except Stinger who didn't like it. I get it. It sucked. I felt it had to happen, but no one else needed to see it, and if it offended anyone, i apologize.

I'll still respond where I feel I need to, but Im not looking to start ANYTHING other than Bears debate with respect to each person, and only critiquing ideas, not people.

But it's pretty clear where the acrimony starts on this board. And it ain't me.

2 hours ago, Daventry said:

I gave you the answer to being  bored, stop reading and responding, yet you don't. Please take BFPs advice but go to stinger226, he screwed that up to. 

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

it DOES have an ignore button! I found it a few weeks ago. Since then I only see him in quoted responses, or occasionally when I choose to open a post for context.

Just find your own screenname at the very top right of this (or any) window, and click on it to reveal the menu. At the bottom of the menu is "Ignored Users" then just enter "Stinger266", and life gets much better.

I seriously cant believe how fighty the guy is. Constantly. With pretty much everyone. The nasty comments, like "dont get your panties in a bunch" and all sorts of really disrespectful stuff because you dont love Justin or whatever.

He's a fake alpha, and that's the worst.

But whereas the rest of us seem to be mostly arguing about what the Bears should do, he seems to be more interested in who was right, and covering his rhetorical butt so that whatever happens he wasnt wrong. And if you start following it, the pattern is really clear and pathetic.

But most of the kind of stuff he says now wasnt what provoked that response from me. He had become emboldened over the year to speak really poorly to me, because I had been being polite and not fighting back. Then when I had enough, I told him it was enough, and then he doubled down, and that why I had to whoop his butt, which completely destroyed him rhetorically, because his arguments are really dumb and weak, but I also made myself look really bad in the process.

I sent an apologetic note to Pix about it, and since then, Im not looking to fight with anyone.

In fact I will still apologize to anyone except Stinger who didn't like it. I get it. It sucked. I felt it had to happen, but no one else needed to see it, and if it offended anyone, i apologize.

I'll still respond where I feel I need to, but Im not looking to start ANYTHING other than Bears debate with respect to each person, and only critiquing ideas, not people.

But it's pretty clear where the acrimony starts on this board. And it ain't me.

You sent an  apologetic private message to Pix, yet you didn't pick a fight. I've not had  to apologize to anyone but I don't ego trip like you do. It's amazing how innocent you are but you always seem to be apologizing to people because you don't want to fight but you never stop. I have gotten several PMs on here from members thanking me for stop fighting with you and I was good with that until you told everyone ( how you straighten me out)  comment. 

They are sick of this and that's why I disappeared for a time,  until your ego got the best of you, AGAIN