Carolina Loses First of Record 17 Games

BearFan PHX

Carolina has lost the first of its 17 games, dropping the opener 24-10 to the Atlanta Falcons.

Every loss brings the Bears closer to draft Nirvana.

I have a wish, and i think it has a good chance of happening, that we end up with the #1 pick AGAIN next year.

Lets Go!

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

I'm drinking now, so riddle me this.  We get the first two picks and trade them for a ransom, because this is a deep QB and WR class.  Parlay the top two into 6 picks in the first three rounds, plus two firsts the next year.   

Blah

That would be possible, but if we had the first two, you have to take a QB with one of them.

4 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

What sucks is every draft pick the last few seasons is now a waste. Damn fields.

not really. we have a lot of good young talent - the perfect situation to bring a young QB into with a supporting cast.

that'd be the narrative anyway. Ill probably be saying that in 6 months. right now, just ugh.

I need to see some film reviews of a lot of the young players before deciding where to go.  As far as Fields, he didn't impress but the worst thing for me is that it felt like I was watching Trubisky again where the brighter the lights got the worse he played.  I just didn't see the leadership I expected from him at all.  That included late in the game when we should have been running plays with urgency.  It doesn't matter if this is one out of hand or not, the offense must learn how to execute in that scenario.  A good leader knows he might need that in the next game and preps them for it in this game.  

6 hours ago, AZ54 said:

That included late in the game when we should have been running plays with urgency.  

this bothered me also. we should have been in a hurry-up offense nearly the entire 2nd half. the huddle up and meander to the LOS in the position they were in was ludicrous. where was our elite WR? this guy is a player yet all we do is throw these dink and dunk passes that do nothing to put us back into the game.... uhhh, what a hot mess

As much as this game was bad it didnt get out of hand until the end of the 3 rd when two GB plays gave them scores with player breakdowns. The fourth quarter seemed like fatigue set in and led to poor play.  most of the blame goes to the coaching staff for not having us prepared to play our first game. We have talent in the DBackfield but they were out of position . I think the cover two wasnt working. We need to play more man to man. Everything is correctable , we will have to see what the coaches do to get us ready for this game. 

11 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I just didn't see the leadership I expected from him at all.  That included late in the game when we should have been running plays with urgency.  It doesn't matter if this is one out of hand or not, the offense must learn how to execute in that scenario.  A good leader knows he might need that in the next game and preps them for it in this game.  

To me this was the most frustrating.  There was time where the commentators were talking about the general malaise on the Bears' sideline. Think it was shortly after the start of the 2nd half and just before Mooney's score.  They looked lost and like they didn't care. Showed a shot of Moore slouching on the sideline with his newly acquired 'C' on his jersey.  Couldn't help but think, where's the leadership your teammates are expecting from you? Why are you sulking on the sideline?  

Greg Olsen even commented late in the game of the lack of urgency.  He conceded that they may not have been able to come back for the win but they sure weren't trying to do all they could.  They certainly didn't leave it all on the field.