Week 2 Official Game Thread - CHI @ TB, 9/17, 12pm CDT, CHI +3, O/U 41.5

adam

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This drive started looking good until there was a free run between the centre and guards. This line is shocking and don’t think we can get a decent assessment of Fields until we get average play from the line. I don’t like Patrick at centre because he gets run over on pass rush and is weak on run plays. Only marginally better than Misiphar. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

Unfreaking believable, Fields throws a pick-6 on a screen pass. 

He is cooked, no reason to play him anymore. There is nothing more to see.

I wasn't able to watch most of the first half but had a better feed in the 2nd half.  What I saw of Fields made me thing he's just not the QB we need.  He looks lost on too many plays.  There were moments in the 2nd half where he looked like the guy and then he'd follow that up with a Trubisky moment.   Of course there are other pieces that need to be improved but  I can't escape the fact Fields is holding back the offense from producing more.    

3 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

I wasn't able to watch most of the first half but had a better feed in the 2nd half.  What I saw of Fields made me thing he's just not the QB we need.  He looks lost on too many plays.  There were moments in the 2nd half where he looked like the guy and then he'd follow that up with a Trubisky moment.   Of course there are other pieces that need to be improved but  I can't escape the fact Fields is holding back the offense from producing more.    

He has regressed, he doesn't know what he is doing, where the ball needs to go. His mechanics are terrible. The only thing that has saved him to this point has been his athleticism, and even now, Mayfield evaded 5 surefire sacks and made completions on at least 3 and threw the ball away on others. Fields would've been sacked on all 5.

Love and Mayfield are middle of the road QBs, and they both looked like HoFers compared to Fields. Now we get to see Mahomes vs Fields, the difference will be so apparent.

The sad part is there are QBs all over the NFL that are playing average, which is 10x better than Fields is playing. Ridder played good enough to beat the Packers. Stroud threw for 384 yards to nobodies. Josh Dobbs, who arrived in ARZ a week before Week 1 has 134 passing yards on 10-14 passing and a rushing TD in the first 20 minutes against the Giants. He looks competent. Fields looks lost. He looks worse than Trubisky. 

His QB Rating today was 61.1, the current lowest among qualified starters for Week 2. 

55 minutes ago, 50england50 said:

Only 1 game back with Packers and Lions losing. Fingers crossed we can get better play and play calling next week.

1 back after 2 games just means 2 back after 3. The Bears ain't winning against KC next week. So this week really means nothing. KC held JAX to 9 points, the Bears should be 2-0 heading to KC. It is going to be a blowout. 

53 minutes ago, 50england50 said:

What are your thoughts on how the secondary played today after Brisker came back and Jackson did not return? I thought Jackson was terrible v the Packers. 

Hicks was out of position a lot but still played better than Jackson. I think Jackson is done, he hurt is foot again (repeat injury), probably Linsfranc, which would put him out for the year. 

Poles needs to bring a vet safety in. 

1 hour ago, 50england50 said:

Only 1 game back with Packers and Lions losing. Fingers crossed we can get better play and play calling next week.

Stop It!! Hope with this group is hopeless. Coaching sucks, time to get an offense-based head coach. We need to work on the D side of the ball next offseason-- how many yards passing did Mayfield have? And yet the division could be the weakest in the NFC this year. No, I will not kill myself with hope for this team. There's always next year after we blow up the coaching staff.

The Giants started out being outscored 60-0 in the first game and a half, then put up 31 on Arizona in a half to win the game. Daniel Jones, who couldn't do anything for a game and a half threw for 321 yds and 2 TDs and added 59 yards and a TD rushing. The biggest difference between the Bears and Giants, the Giants adjusted at halftime and it worked. The Bears do the same thing over and over again, they are so predictable. After a play works, they never use it again. 

TB defensive players post game comments, they knew a screen was coming on Pick-6 play. Getsy needs to be fired today. Regression from Fields is 50% coaching at this point, play calling has been worse than pop warner level. There is zero reason to believe what we have seen in 2 offseasons and 19 games from Getsy will magically change. The team only won 3 games last season (SF in the monsoon, barely beat HOU on a Roquan INT then GW FG, and that anomaly in NE). So the entire Bears coaching staff can hang their hat on 1 good win in 19 games. 

Reflecting on the game , yesterday I was ready to bail on Justin Fields and listen to Olin Kruetz this morning on the SCORE. He said the team has a bunch of young players that will get better in time.

He predicted this team to be around 500% not the 10 -12 win team I wanted. There is still time.

The game come down to a handful of plays that changed the game  example: Had Brisker held on to that int and had a pick 6, how would the game had changed  after?  Had Fields made the DJ Moore read instead of the the pick 6?

For the play calling for Fields, they are trying to grow him as a QB instead of  just open the box and go back to the QB on the run we seen last year in that 5 game run.  The growth of the OL after the changes they made needs some time. They were set with one rookie, Davis, Whitehair, at OC, Jenkins at LG and a developing LT. What we have now Is Davis and Jenkins out and Whitehair at LG. He said that takes a few games to get it together. Forget the 3rd  year for Fields, he is basically in his second yr with this regime.

He stated that this defense is predicated on the 3T and the two they drafted to play there, Dexter and Pickens are rookies, they will get better. They literally had 3 of the 5 starters  in the defensive backfield went out early in the game. Its a work in progress ,   not instant mash potatoes. Yannick had a sack that ended up being a pressure that turned into a big play for TB, had he held on, how would that have changed the game? 

In the preseason, Poles said this is a 3-4  year rebuild and still has work to do, we are in the second yr. Fields still has growth to do and everything will get better. We are only 2 games into the season . What I got wrong was my expectations not the actual state of the incomplete roster. Its about patience of which I dont have, this team will look better by midseason. As Ol;in said 7-9 wins by the end of the year will be progress.

Here is some teams that made the playoffs last year.

KC 1-1, and not looked good.

Bengals 0-2 and not playing well.

Chargers 0-2 in close games

Det 1-1 and christened the next SB contender on the horizon.

Patriot's 0-2, always the contender.

Bills 1-1 SB bound?

Playoff team Vikings  0-2

Playoff Giants that was blown out for 6 quarters until its last 2 quarters 1-1.

We are not alone as NFL fans of a team with high expectations.

Tidbits: Claypool showed up, DJ Moore 6- 106 and Fields is on pace for over 3600 yards on passing. It was 20-17 until the pick six, we didnt get blown out.

I need to chill out, it will get better. Once I sit on a beach again, I will be smiling. I have to remember we have 2 1st round picks if Fields fails, all is not lost.

106284023_146551513712779_3020115922491827709_n.jpg